Home General Discussion

Latitude Zero Experimental (Band-wrapper rant)

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
This cigar has beeen an ongoing love hate relationship with me.
I love the cigar, WHEN I can get the freakin band off without destroying the cigar.
And because the manufacturer decided to use a band that is almost the length of the cigar, you have no choice but to remove it.

The problem, every single one of these that I have had, have wanted to take most the wrapper off with the band, because the glue was so sloppily applied.
So now, in order to even attempt to smoke this thing, you spend more time trying to hold what's left of the wrapper together to even smoke it.

When will these manufacturers realize that it makes no sense to put a band on the cigar that makes it hard to light it with the band on and destroys the cigar when you try and take it off?

So, as a die hard cameroon wrapper lover, I have to put this cigar on my "Do not buy" list until I know that they have addressed this issue. 
Which is irritating.

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dammit, we need an 'insightful' button

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I have one of these and plan on using an exacto knife on it the day I decide to burn it. I believe it will be worth the effort.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a reply from Oliva.
    It seems it is a known problem with one of their factories.
    They are replacing my toros, but will have to have them made because they are out of production and are sending them without bands.

I'm pretty sure I sent out some robustos to someone, so if you got some from me, be very careful removing the band. Or as kaspera talked about, use an exacto knife.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    I got a reply from Oliva.
    It seems it is a known problem with one of their factories.
    They are replacing my toros, but will have to have them made because they are out of production and are sending them without bands.

I'm pretty sure I sent out some robustos to someone, so if you got some from me, be very careful removing the band. Or as kaspera talked about, use an exacto knife.

That's awesome that you got a response and they are rectifying it. I hate when they use those big a$$ bands. 
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, today I get a package from Oliva with a 20 pack of Latitude Experimentals with no bands, but labeled on the pack.

As far as I'm concerned, Oliva went above and beyond to correct this.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome Tony!  I love it when companies go above and beyond. Especially when they don't have to. 
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    that's awesome!
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that's great! Love good customer service.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79 said:
    I have one of these and plan on using an exacto knife on it the day I decide to burn it. I believe it will be worth the effort.
    Pics pls
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Great to hear about the outstanding service by Oliva.  As I look back at your original post...They made them special for  YOU  because they were out of production.
    Who does that ?!  
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear.  I am a fan of cameroon wrapped cigars, but rarely have one that does not fall apart while smoking.  Can't imagine trying to remove a jumbo band from one.

Appreciate good customer service.