Home Pipes

Looking for suggestions

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
I finished my Eirn Go Braugh... it was ok. lol But I think im more of a fruity/creamy pipe tobacco kind of guy. The less cherry flavor the better. Any suggestions for a couple good heavy fruity/creamy tobacco blends?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might check out Russ's monthly blends, the only one I'm familiar with is the Old Glory, good tobacco flavor with an apricot top. from reading the descriptions on these it looks like he uses a fair amount of fruit flavors. If your interested I have some Sutliff Summer nights, it's a raspberry  Cavendish I could send some your way.    
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to give that Surliff a shot! I'll send you a PM shortly! I'm gonna look into Russ's blends too
    Got the goodies on Friday! They all smelled amazing!!! I cant wait to try them... but this weekend was just too darn hot to sit outside with a pipe. this week looks promising though.:) Thank you for sending out some samples! :-) Its much appreciated!
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    i have really liked Taste Master from mcclelland. pretty good for a chocolate pipe tobacco. also since your not afriad of the pouch, try the Pipa Vanilla cavendesh. Drew Estate Grand central sounds exactly like what your asking for though, mellow fruit high creamy vanilla background.

Aj
    Grand Central sounds SUPER GOOD! lol I haven't had a chance to try any of the samples that I just got from Mr.Onestrangeone. lol
    did you get a sample of Grand Central? I'll send ya one, if you like...
    I would love a sample of Grand Central! Ill send ya a PM with my address! :)
    That's what OneStrangeOne sent me. Im kinda confused on what to do with the little tobacco pucks though. lol! Ive only had loos ribbon cut. How do I use the rolled tobacco?
    its gonna be on its way! I need to return the bomb to Nathan as well, he hit me hard last year and i have been on hiatus - so i need to square up!

the bulls eye flakes or coins or disk can be rubbed out like you normally see and loaded in normal fashion, broken into strips and loaded into tall bowls like flowers in a vase, or folded over and stuffed. there really isnt a wrong way, but i would say method depends more on your smoking technique, and your tolerance to bite. Virginias being virginias... they will bite me being so sugary so i use the strips in a tall bowl method the most, fold and stuff second and rubbed out last.  same goes in order of types of bowls, Tall stack chimenys, then dublins, then regular 3/4" plus round bowls.
    Good info! Thanks! :-)