Home Non Cigar Related

How Do You Take Your Coffee?

jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in Non Cigar Related
I drink drip most of the time, or Americano. I take mine with milk and no sweetener.

That is of course unless I am uber uber tired or drinking old ass gas station mud. When that happens (once in a great while) I will take sweetener. In order of preference; honey, molasses, stevia, then raw/unrefined sugar.

I am not much for sweets, lol

How do you take your cuppa?

-Jay
“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just black.  On rare occasion, I'll add some half 'n half, just to see how it creams and what flavors the cream highlights that weren't readily apparent when it was black. 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a man of simple tastes - black and hot will do nicely. Assuming, of course, that I can taste whatever black coffee I'm currently brewing....  B)
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    I drink good coffee black. If I drink a flavoured coffee ie: pumkin or cinnamon swirl then I add some cream. 
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little creamer and a touch of sugar. I use a press.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
     First cup of the morning, 1 Tablespoon of raw local honey anything after that is black.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start off with some milk and irish cream in the first cup, Then just keep adding coffee thru out the day till im drinking it black
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    fresh ground french press black and strong.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fire up a one cup espresso pot, one of these one-cup espresso pots, looks like so:

Fill a mug halfway with half and half, one spoon sugar, give that mug 35 seconds in the mike, pour in the espresso, and viola. Do you proud.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    i use drip... drink a blend from sams called Highland Grog touched with a bit of fake creamer and sugar.

• SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    In copious amounts with cream n sugar.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    Fire up a one cup espresso pot, one of these one-cup espresso pots, looks like so:

Fill a mug halfway with half and half, one spoon sugar, give that mug 35 seconds in the mike, pour in the espresso, and viola. Do you proud.

Skip the half & half and sugar and I'm right there with ya Davis.

Or a pourover. 
    Or mason jar cold brew.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black and strong. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    Black with some honey usually. Sometimes a touch of whole milk just enough to change the color a smidge.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    @jgibv  mason jar cold brew?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    @Gray4lines
    Basically do a coarse (French press grind) ... Add extra grounds than the normal ratio....pour those into a mason jar, fill the jar with water, put on the lid and let it sit 24 hours in the fridge, then pour it out straining out the grinds (the chemex works good for this part)...and enjoy!

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    @Gray4lines
    Basically do a coarse (French press grind) ... Add extra grounds than the normal ratio....pour those into a mason jar, fill the jar with water, put on the lid and let it sit 24 hours in the fridge, then pour it out straining out the grinds (the chemex works good for this part)...and enjoy!

I will try that, thanks!  I imagine good over ice?  
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    jgibv said:
    @Gray4lines

I will try that, thanks!  I imagine good over ice?  
    great over ice!!!!

wife likes to "jazz it up" with a splash of milk, vanilla, sugar, etc. too and make it into a "fancy drink" but i think it's pretty good straight black