Home Ratings & Reviews

Ave Maria Immaculata is not a good stick...don't buy - and Cigar.com doesn't want you to know

I have to do this here because Cigar.com won't post my review in the product page for suspiciously unknown reasons.  I didn't swear or disrespect anyone in the reviews and therefore feel that they have an agreement with Ave Maria to quash bad reviews to keep sales high.  If they don't post my third review, I'll know that that is exactly what they are doing and lose my business.  Incidentally, the cigar itself wasn't terrible.  It was constructed well.  Firm from tip to foot with good burn, strong ash, and consistently even draw.  The quality of the tobacco was of obviously high quality just not blended to my liking.  This was basically my review the first two times.

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you copy/paste your review here?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are about to draw some harsh conclusions based on assumptions.  I have never submitted a product review myself so I don't know exactly how quickly they get posted. How long have you been trying to get your review posted? And, have you been able to successfully post any other reviews previously? Have you tried to contact cigar.com? They are easy to deal with as far as sales and service.  I have always known them to be fair and extremely helpful. Try calling them on the phone tomorrow and ask them about your situation. 

I just now submitted a favorable review of the Ramon Bueso Genesis. It's one of my go-to cigars. It did not immediately post to the product reviews. Maybe it takes a while to get posted.  
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    So should we follow what your title says and not buy the stick because it is not good or follow your review where it is a perfectly fine stick that doesn't meet your blending style? 

For the record, I've had an Immaculata. It was good, not great, if my memory serves me right. I actually think my review would be very similar to yours. Good construction, as is typically the case with AJ sticks, but the flavor profile wasn't exactly my cup of tea.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    It has taken weeks to months for some of my reviews to show up on the cigar pages on the old site. I didn't do many, but they all got posted.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes the thought process that passes for thinking gets you thinking...
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would you review a stick in what seems to be an extremely negative light if its "not your blending style"  and tell people not to buy?  You say construction etc is good and the quality of the tobacco is good, but, you just don't like it.  I have seen this post and the one in general discussion and it is striking a chord.  Just because YOU don't like it, you are going to tell people that may have never had it not to buy it.  Personally I don't know you but think you are a whiny ass!!  Come onto the forum and blast CCOM for not posting a review and threatening taking your business away when you have no idea why it hasn't posted.  Have you tried calling CCOM?  I am sure that you will find a perfectly reasonable explanation (other than you are a jackass). 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taste is subjective. The End.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    I have to do this here because Cigar.com won't post my review in the product page...

No you don't.  You choose to post it here because your feelings are hurt. 
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • GuitarCentaurGuitarCentaur Posts: 21
    Cigar-662222 said:  Incidentally, the cigar itself wasn't terrible.  It was constructed well.  Firm from tip to foot with good burn, strong ash, and consistently even draw.  The quality of the tobacco was of obviously high quality just not blended to my liking.  This was basically my review the first two times.
    Firstly, you should post stuff like this in the forum, I found this last part of your post informative. Secondly, you should contact a customer service representative, and respect the fact that that persons sole job is to work with you, the customer. In my experience, some customer complaints are more than valid, and the issue can be resolved with both parties walking away happy. If this is your goal I have no doubt CCOM will be able to resolve the issue. However, if you're just wanting to rant and complain, then there is no way to make you happy, and trust me, CCOM will not go under due to the lack of your business. 

Respect all that is offered for you here, and elsewhere.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    @cigar-662222,  I have written more than a few reviews here when I find a cigar that I believe is praiseworthy.  I have never commented on average cigars, and once about a cigar I found extremely disappointing.  I read the reviews about the Immaculata here and found one favorable review, and one that stated the cigar was disappointing, too strong and bitter.  Both reviews on display in an open forum side by side.
     There seems no reason why your opinion should be censored, especially when this thread remains  allowing you to further state your opinion.  And more.
      People comment negatively about particular cigars, or even entire manufacturers  here on the open forum often, big names, why attempt to silence one reviewer in an effort to bolster sales ?
      Perhaps your review has not been processed yet. I had one linger for close to a month before I saw the typed words appear.  Looking back, I don't remember why I thought  my opinion would change the cigar world..
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Also, a lot of cigar review sites state how many samples of the particular cigar they smoked in preparation for the written review. They do this because it is possible for a single stick to have atypical flaws or for other variables to affect the experience.

As consumers, we do well to consider this before posting negative comments based on a single experience. 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cigar-662222...  I'll take those stinky Immaculatas off your hands.  I'll PM you my address and pay for shipping.  ;-)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • brodskalesbrodskales Posts: 78
    They don't instantly accept your review. For me it seems to take them about a week or two to post it. Your review could have been worded so poorly they declined it. 

But now back onto the Immaculata. I bought the sampler box and the first two I smoked were okay. Nothing to really write home about. Not bad, just not great.

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is continued here too and I believe we found the issue,  turns out you can't say a cigar is ****!  Lol!

http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/894661/cigar-com-not-posting-reviews-of-bad-cigars#latest
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America