NEWBIE TRADING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    Im a newb. Anyone wanna trade? ;p
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm.... 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oneisnone Incoming!!!!  Better fortify that mailbox!!!! 

9405 8036 9930 0047 7829 69

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    OneisnoneOneisnone Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    matkn293 said:

I'm am now realizing that this forum is an addicts/enablers paradise. This is rather dangerous. I have gone from my 25 year old 100ct humidor to buying a 150qt cooler in a month. Moreover, that will most likely not last long either.

The first step is admitting you have a problem....and I am already there. 

Thankfully, I already have YOUR address on file. 
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the delay I was out of town.
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oneisnone said:
    matkn293 said:

I'm am now realizing that this forum is an addicts/enablers paradise. This is rather dangerous. I have gone from my 25 year old 100ct humidor to buying a 150qt cooler in a month. Moreover, that will most likely not last long either.

My guess is that you will end up with 2 coolers before too long. 

And, I just moved.  Directly after getting your package so, no you don't have it anymore.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    brodskalesbrodskales Posts: 78
    I'm interested in joining the list. The only things I have that I'm willing to trade are a sampler box of Ave Maria Immaculata missing both Robusto and one Toro. I have a Sol Cubano Maduro, and an Indian Tabac Cameroon Maduro Robusto. 

But the way I hear it none of those are really popular.
  • Options
    matkn293 said:
    Oneisnone said:
    matkn293 said:

My guess is that you will end up with 2 coolers before too long. 

And, I just moved.  Directly after getting your package so, no you don't have it anymore.

@matkn293
    well let's see if that's the case. 
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolagizmo said:
    Ok. I want to trade with one of you veteran cigar enthusiasts somebody take me under your wing. I want to get a few trades in so I can play next month's lottery. Doesn't matter if I win I just like to gamble  B)
    anyway hit me up for a swap out. In advance only thing I found I didn't like was romeo and juliet.
    I'm the noob you're looking for. :p

Don't know about the veteran part but I am an enthusiast!

Nate sent it out this morning
    9114 9999 4431 4911 6606 71
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    jarubla said:
    Nolagizmo said:
    Ok. I want to trade with one of you veteran cigar enthusiasts somebody take me under your wing. I want to get a few trades in so I can play next month's lottery. Doesn't matter if I win I just like to gamble  B)
    anyway hit me up for a swap out. In advance only thing I found I didn't like was romeo and juliet.
    I'm the noob you're looking for. :p
    NOLA, I am game as well--I am on the good traders list and will do a trade. PM me for details

-Jay
    Jay yours went out this morning
    9114 9999 4431 4911 6606 88
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolagizmo said:
    Jay yours went out this morning
    9114 9999 4431 4911 6606 88
    Thank you Michael, 

Will let you know when they land safe and sound

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Thanks @Oneisnone is the CH the blend you worked on?image
  • Options
    Thanks @Oneisnone is the CH the blend you worked on?image
    Glad they arrived safely. Yes, when you get around to smoking it let me know your thoughts.  
  • Options
    @ExpendableYouth arrived home last night to your box of awesome. Thank you. 
  • Options
    Hope you find something you like.
  • Options
    Good looking trade fellas... Nice job on both ends
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    Yep another good trade in the books. Welcome to the good traders list
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my end of a trade with @Nolagizmo today! I've been wanting to try that Media Noche and the Bueso Habano for a while now.
  • Options
    Got my trade from @Nolagizmo

today also! Really stoked about the Perdomo and the Odyssey.

Thank you Mike!

I will get your sticks in the mail tomorrow.

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Big_JWBig_JW Posts: 2
    So we can trade cigars here?...How does it work, mail them?...I'm new to all this forum stuff so excuse my ignorance. Only forum I'm familiar with was Penthouse years ago!
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big_JW said:
    So we can trade cigars here?...How does it work, mail them?...I'm new to all this forum stuff so excuse my ignorance. Only forum I'm familiar with was Penthouse years ago!
    I worked with Louise in a small office. It used to drive me wild to watch the tight stretched material of her blouse. I used to imagine her...........

Oops, wrong forum.

Ahem,....
    Welcome JW. :)

You need to get a a member to volunteer to sponsor you for your first trade.
    Hang around. comment on threads and ask questions if you want. We'd like to get to know you. 

• Options
    WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭

Hello Gents,

Newbie to the forum but I have been into Cigars for many years. Some of my favorites are Padron 26 & 64's, Opus, Ortega, Pepin, Oliva and almost everything AJ Fernandez. Everyday sticks include MOW Puro Authentico, The Reckoning and Fallen Angel. Anyway, hello to all!

• Options
    Welcome to the forums. If you go to the general discussion tab there is a newbie welcome thread. 
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Usaf06 I was looking for the Newbie thread... Will move my comments over there now.
  • Options
    Welcome guys mingle, share, have fun... should be easy with these bunch of guys
  • Options
    Come back after you've introduced yourself to the guys n gals. It's a pretty cool place. Lots to see and do and read
  • Options
    @jarubla
    Thanks Jay.

Got my package today. Your counting was off or a hitch hiker jumped on board. About to smoke the Nub now. I've only tried 1 of them before and can't wait to smoke them all. 
    Thanks again
  • Options
    I am glad they landed safe and sound Mikie!

Those Nubs are an underrated stick, IMHO. Just had one a few mins ago, how'd you like it?

-Jay
  • Options
    jarubla said:
    I am glad they landed safe and sound Mikie!

Those Nubs are an underrated stick, IMHO. Just had one a few mins ago, how'd you like it?

-Jay
    I liked it. It was tastey creamy and lasted surprisingly long... about to fire up the Ave Maria, pour a high ball glass of gentleman jack, and relax a while before I call it a night. Got Friday on the outdoor tv for background noise and a few laughs.

Cheers amigo
  • Options
    I like the nub Cameroon... good stick
    -- Winston Churchill