Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

NEWBIE TRADING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jimmyv723:
    SecretSquirrel:
    Hey there! im fresh as a cucumber to the forums, but have a few friends here. i'd like to start trading, and figure I should start here. just let me know what I gotta do, and i'll let my cigars do the rest!

I'll sponsor you. Basically to get on the Good Traders List you send some Cigars to the vet and then they send their end of the trade. Will send you a PM so we can exchange addys.
    He was my first too.
  • Options
    Top right corner in inbox.
  • Options
    SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    Eulogy:
    jimmyv723:
    SecretSquirrel:
    Hey there! im fresh as a cucumber to the forums, but have a few friends here. i'd like to start trading, and figure I should start here. just let me know what I gotta do, and i'll let my cigars do the rest!

I'll sponsor you. Basically to get on the Good Traders List you send some Cigars to the vet and then they send their end of the trade. Will send you a PM so we can exchange addys.
    He was my first too.
    this is starting to sound like a bad sitcom. hahaha
  • Options
    SecretSquirrel:
    Eulogy:
    jimmyv723:
    SecretSquirrel:

He was my first too.
    Just enjoy my sloppy seconds.
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Eulogy:
    SecretSquirrel:
    Eulogy:
    jimmyv723:
    SecretSquirrel:

He was my first too.

Would have been cool to get Jeff too for the trifecta but this will do haha. Still remember like yesterday, Alan and his four posts. They do grow up so quick.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    jimmyv723:
    Eulogy:
    SecretSquirrel:
    Eulogy:
    jimmyv723:
    SecretSquirrel:

He was my first too.

Would have been cool to get Jeff too for the trifecta but this will do haha. Still remember like yesterday, Alan and his four posts. They do grow up so quick.
    sloppy seconds huh? I was planning on making you jealous, but I think I'll upgrade to making you *** bricks.
  • Options
    quick question.. do I take a picture and post it now? or let you take the pics when u get em?
  • Options
    SecretSquirrel:
    jimmyv723:
    Eulogy:
    SecretSquirrel:
    Eulogy:
    jimmyv723:
    SecretSquirrel:

He was my first too.

sloppy seconds huh? I was planning on making you jealous, but I think I'll upgrade to making you *** bricks.

This is why you gotta watch out for the new guys. They go all first day in Prison on you and go after the first vet they see and try and make an example out of them. Of course, Alan is just making it worse because he knows he can. The nice thing is I get to see the damage and then respond accordingly.
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    SecretSquirrel:
    quick question.. do I take a picture and post it now? or let you take the pics when u get em?

I'll take the pic when it arrives.
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    jimmyv723:
    SecretSquirrel:
    jimmyv723:
    Eulogy:
    SecretSquirrel:
    Eulogy:
    jimmyv723:
    SecretSquirrel:

He was my first too.

This is why you gotta watch out for the new guys. They go all first day in Prison on you and go after the first vet they see and try and make an example out of them. Of course, Alan is just making it worse because he knows he can. The nice thing is I get to see the damage and then respond accordingly.
    hahahaha "all first day in prison on you". that's friggin funny
  • Options
    jimmyv723:
    SecretSquirrel:

I'll take the pic when it arrives.
    ok cool. I kinda want it to be a surprise anyway. one more question.. how many smokes should I send?
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just saw Beren's newbie trade, and it looks like an unofficial gang war beating. Jimmy may regret this one.
  • Options
    Bombs away, comin at ya Jim!
    Tracking# 1Z6AT8741289704300

• Options
    ugh... never using ups again.. they raped me on shipping, but that's ok. mistakes were made, and learned from
  • Options
    ExpendableYouth:
    I just saw Beren's newbie trade, and it looks like an unofficial gang war beating. Jimmy may regret this one.

Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    SecretSquirrel:
    ugh... never using ups again.. they raped me on shipping, but that's ok. mistakes were made, and learned from

It really is a shame that you don't have anyone who has shipped stuff on here close by you who could give you a heads up about using USPS instead of UPS.

Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    haha its not their fault. I was at the ups store sending something else out anyway, and figured since I was there already...
  • Options
    jimmyv723:
    ExpendableYouth:

I don't know about a gang war shipment.. ive seen some pics of the ridiculous amount of stuff some people send out. its just a fiver...
  • Options
    pennpenn Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    Hey Smok3y: Cigars will be there Monday via UPS. Apologies for not getting this posted earlier. I don't make excuses it should have got posted. That said, I sent you the extenuating circumstance in a PM.

Tracking number 9405510200881604847064.
  • Options
    penn:
    Hey Smok3y: Cigars will be there Monday via UPS. Apologies for not getting this posted earlier. I don't make excuses it should have got posted. That said, I sent you the extenuating circumstance in a PM. Tracking number 9405510200881604847064.
    another UPS shipment ._.
  • Options
    penn:
    Hey Smok3y: Cigars will be there Monday via UPS. Apologies for not getting this posted earlier. I don't make excuses it should have got posted. That said, I sent you the extenuating circumstance in a PM. Tracking number 9405510200881604847064.
    just a friendly tip, as you are probably well aware by now after getting bent over by UPS for shipping charges... use United States Postal Service flat rate boxes from now on, and save yourself a ton of cash :)
  • Options
    pennpenn Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    I have an account and a box at a UPS Store about .25 mile from my house. It's convenient and they take of me...I don't have any complaints.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BUMP.

And @bott@cigar.com can we sticky this one too?  Maybe?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jimmyv723:
    ExpendableYouth:

I don't know about a gang war shipment.. ive seen some pics of the ridiculous amount of stuff some people send out. its just a fiver...

Yeah, he definitely went all first day in Prison on me. First God of Fire, first 1926 and first Noblesse. The Anejos are a favorite and have had one Opus I think. I don;t remember being blown away so looking forward to revisiting it. Killer hit and thanks so much bro. Now to figure out what to send your way.

Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jimmyv723 said:
    jimmyv723:
    ExpendableYouth:

Yeah, he definitely went all first day in Prison on me. First God of Fire, first 1926 and first Noblesse. The Anejos are a favorite and have had one Opus I think. I don;t remember being blown away so looking forward to revisiting it. Killer hit and thanks so much bro. Now to figure out what to send your way.

Dafuq kinda "newbie" trade is this supposed to be!?!??!!!! 

Damn SecretSquirrel, killer selection right there. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    jimmyv723 said:
    jimmyv723:
    ExpendableYouth:

I heard he likes wood tips and Swisher Grape.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    It's going to be awhile till Jimmy is able to sit down. 
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    jgibv said:
    jimmyv723 said:
    jimmyv723:
    ExpendableYouth:

Wow! That's insane there...enjoy Jimmy!
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, he definitely crushed it.
  • Options
    hey, you got em! I figured i'd send something nice for my first trade, and so I picked my favorite 5! i hope you enjoy them as much as i do