Home Non Cigar Related

Tis nog season!!!! How do you take it?

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭

I am a big fan of Eggnog. I love it. I LOVE IT!!!! I have 3 go to ways I enjoy it.

1 - Straight up nog

2 -  2 parts eggnog 1 part ANY irish cream

3 - Choco-nog - Nog and chocolate syrup mixed in.

Lets hear your likings!

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dig the nog!

Eggnog cheesecake. Hot damn
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i pour some milk in mine to thin it out a bit. I don't drink it a lot though. My brother on the other hand can't get enough of the stuff.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I throw it out the window cause it's nasty
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Egg Nog White Russian - I forget proportions, egg nog, Kahlua, and vodka, served on ice. They are so good. I usually use vanilla vodka. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything egg nog or pumpkin, I live for.  I usually do the egg nog with rum, but I love Irish Creme, so I may have to try that soon.

Usa06, wash your mouth out with soap!
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    I throw it out the window cause it's nasty

WHO INVITED THIS DEBBIE DOWNER????? ;)

The Nog White Russian sounds pretty good! Ill have to try that

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you like egg nog you might also like my favorite recipe for hot buttered rum. It's really simple - 1 lb butter, 1 lb brown sugar, and 1 quart of vanilla ice cream. Let it all soften and mix it together. Put a big ol' glob of it in a mug along with a shot (or more) of rum and fill the mug with hot water. Stir. Enjoy. 

You can sprinkle nutmeg or cinnamon on top if you like. I just skip that part...   o:)
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There best part of your family owning a dairy that makes incredible products, i get lots of it. They make the best egg nog I have ever had. I like a glass in there morning fit breakfast straight up and then one at night for dessert with a little rum in it.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    My wife and daughter love this stuff and drink it straight or dilute with a little milk. I can't stand it nor the smell.
    Usaf06 said:
    I like mine without the egg or the nog. Really 100% bourbon is the best I have found

Ok.... you have redeemed yourself. ;-)
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    I like mine without the egg or the nog. Really 100% bourbon is the best I have found

OK, wash you mouth out with bourbon!
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    Usaf06 said:

OK, wash you mouth out with bourbon!
    I'll take you up on that 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Starting my day with a  cup of straight up nog. :-) wish it were spiked but im at work. lol
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bourbon.  Great use for brands I don't care to drink neat
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Growing up we always had it with Brandy. I think I'll have to switch to Bourbon though. Just the thought is moth watering. 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • NodakgusNodakgus Posts: 21
    Egg nog and a shot of brandy does me quite well.  Well, maybe a bit more than a shot glass!   B)
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm old fashioned. Only drink Eggnog in December from a small cup and I always buy it from a local dairy B)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Eggnog martini.

3 parts premium vodka, 1 part eggnog shaken over ice and strained into martini glass. Garnish with paprika.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at a friend's for dinner, and he served up fire-nog. 3 oz. eggnog with a shot of fireball. It was surprisingly tasty.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    I was at a friend's for dinner, and he served up fire-nog. 3 oz. eggnog with a shot of fireball. It was surprisingly tasty.
    Hmmm, I'm willing to give it a shot, no pun intended :) 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baileys Mint Chocolate Irish Cream