Home General Discussion

New year cigar

kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
Do you plan to be smokin a cigar to bring in the new year? If so what cigar will it be?

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an OpusX that might get burned. 
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a Shark, Opus or Reconquista.... Depends the high is supposed to be 18, but WTH I don't care!
    Maybe another Tatuaje Anarchy. Just finished one and they are got damn tasty.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a BBMF I have been looking for a reason to burn.
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, this is a good question, I'm glad someone asked. I need to think about this, my brother-in-law will be here and he recently got into cigars, however, he doesn't quite have the respect for a good cigar yet. Need to put some thought into this one!! Maybe I'll have to hit the B&M for something special but not too special!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Edna20; check out the Bolivar Heritage, if you haven't yet... the ones with the wide red band.  Foundry took over Bolivar, and the Heritage are very tasty - something a new smoker would enjoy - and only ~$76/box of 20.  Brad and I have both put our stamp of approval on them.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing special. Only thing I have considered is a CH JD Howard. But that decision  might change. 
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestion @peter4jc, if I can get to the B&M I'll see if they have them!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing special, probably just some old cigar that's been at the bottom of the 20 count for far too long
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Cohiba Red Dot that has almost 5 years on it.... at least I think I still have it in my humi...........

Note to self - dig through humidor and find that Cohiba

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Christmas Eve was my first cigar since early September. Been waaaay too busy but I did enjoy a delicious Por Larranaga Montecarlo. New Year's will be yet another chance, YAY! I'll probably grab something small and right to the point as it will be kinda chilly, maybe a Party Short.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Heck I might hit my B&M and pick up another Casa Miranda Chapter One... Dang good smoke!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    I got a box of behike with about 4 years on em! I think it's time to kill one!
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a sinus thingy going on so I'm hoping it passes. My sinuses are on fire.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Usaf06 said:
    Grab a Cain F lancero and get to retrohaling.
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    That sure sucks. I'm pretty fortunate not to have those issues. Not so fortunate when worked on farm cause I got stuck cleaning grain bins.

Hope you kick it soon
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    I have a GOF or the LFD La Nox that would be nice to start the new year right...
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arturo Fuente LE Curly Head from 2008
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Been leaning toward Tat Black Robusto. Alternate is a Tat brown label lancero. I'm a tat **** these days. Happy New Year all

• WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Father 1922 Le Bijou The Martino that @Bigshizza sent me :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    I wanted to find a thread to wish all you maniacs a very happy New Year.  This'll work.

Though I started smoking cigars on the golf course in 2014, 2015 is the year I became an enthusiast.  I've enjoyed the ~!@# out of it and all of you loyal posters have aided this transition with solid information and excellent recommendations.

As for a New Year's smoke, I have a My Father that's had its feet up in my humi for a while now.  I'm thinkin' that could get the call.

Happy New Year, all.
    Kipling was a wise man.
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Happy new year to you also!
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to smoke weed
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu said:
    I'm going to smoke weed
    Wrap it in a cuban wrapper.

Happy new year everyone!
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu said:
    I'm going to smoke weed
     B) 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't made up my mind yet. It'll probably be either a nice ISOM (maybe a JDM Epicure #2) or an Opus X Rare 1992 that I got from brother RCY for Christmas.... (Thanks again, Rick)  B)
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Just finishin a viaje holiday blend from @Trident thnx brother...has a few years on it..not sure if I have time for another..but likely squeeze one in.
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's gonna be a Las Calavaras for me followed by a Hyde
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy New Years to all. Unfortunately I am unable to partake tonight. I have been on a trip all week that all tobacco products and alcohol or not allowed. I will be home tomorrow tonight so will catch up then!