Home Non Cigar Related

my poor little mustang

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭

I was on my way into work on Thursday morning and was on the freeway. Traffic was SLOW as crap and majorly annoying. Traffic came to stop and so did I. I look up into my review mirror in time to see the car behind me not stop. The idiot rear-ended me. We pulled onto the shoulder and I didn't see much damage at the time. The bumper is askew, the lower valance is dented and scraped up and I ended up in the ER having my back checked out. On some muscle relaxers and pain killers. I can get up and moving around but it isn't too comfortable.... *SIGH*

BEST PART IS... Why did this person rear-end me? CAUSE SHE DROPPED HER BAGEL!!!!! SHE DROPPED HER **** EFFIN BAGEL!!!!! LOL

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    This site censors "M-U-T-H-A"???? jesus.
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear your not hurt to bad. Car can be replaced, lucky for you parts are common. Can pretty much order an old stang in a box.

Last time I had someone hit me they fled the scene. Of course no insurance.
    Yeah... Im glad the other person stuck around. but traffic was so dang slow that I could have walked after her. lol
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happened to me a year and a half ago, sitting on an on-ramp when a Jeep hit me going about 25-30.  Totaled my Honda.  The lesson I learned is that it doesn't pay to be a nice guy; I let his insurance company off way too easy.  I thought if I was fair they'd be fair, but in the end they screwed me.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sucks! But glad to hear you're ok for the most part. The car can be fixed/replaced
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rest up
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    peter4jc said:
    Same thing happened to me a year and a half ago, sitting on an on-ramp when a Jeep hit me going about 25-30.  Totaled my Honda.  The lesson I learned is that it doesn't pay to be a nice guy; I let his insurance company off way too easy.  I thought if I was fair they'd be fair, but in the end they screwed me.
    That's what insurance companies do - they screw folks. That's how they make so much money. If you want to make money in the stock market, look into buying shares in insurance companies. They own many large, income producing assets - skyscrapers, etc. And that's how they got their money to begin with. 
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Chris, how fast did they say she was going? If she was booking it, any chance she jacked the frame of your mustang up?

Last time I was rear-ended my back hurt for about two weeks, and one day it just stopped. Then again it was some years ago, and I was a younger lad.

Are you Still having aches and pains since the accident? 

Hope you and the Stang get better soon!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch

I highly doubt that the frame was damaged. She was probably going 15mph. I don't think there is enough external visual damage that there might be frame damage.

Im still achy. sitting or standing too long hurts and my back gets stiff quickly. Stretching and moving around helps a bit but not much.

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That must've been one amazing bagel!!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Sorry about your car, but I must say that your life would make for a very interesting reality TV series. Keeping up with what's going on in your life could be a full time job, and that's a compliment.  
    raisindot said:
    Sorry about your car, but I must say that your life would make for a very interesting reality TV series. Keeping up with what's going on in your life could be a full time job, and that's a compliment.  

That's the last thing I need is a camera crew following me around! LMAO!!!! Though it would be kinda funny....

• No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    SAVE THE MUSTANGS!!!!
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭

well shes been violated... time for turbos, efi and a roll cage

• CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    That's why I always look in the rear view mirror when I am coming to a stop. If I see that car behind me not stopping, I let go of the brake or get out of the way.

How do make this text turn upside down?

well shes been violated... time for turbos, efi and a roll cage

If the insurance payout is enough..... YES
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Im still achy. sitting or standing too long hurts and my back gets stiff quickly. Stretching and moving around helps a bit but not much.

Dude, you are not achy.  Your neck is in so much pain you can't even nod, you can no longer achieve and maintain an erection, and you cry every time you think of driving.

Repeat those three things and enjoy your 2016 GT.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loss of Consortium  :D
    That is your spouses claim that you don't preform the same as before the accident. Hard to prove  ;)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Loss of Consortium  :D
    That is your spouses claim that you don't preform the same as before the accident. Hard to prove  ;)
    It's going to be tougher if your significant other testifies that you sucked prior to the accident, so be sure to coach her. (Him?)
    Dang.... I could come out of this situation pretty well off.... MINUS THE WHOLE INSURANCE COMPANY THINKING I CANT GET A ****! LMFAO!!!!!  though that isn't a bad idea....