Home General Discussion

Just hypothetically...

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
If a person (not saying who) was considering (not set in stone) the purchase of a large insulated plastic box (not using the "c" word) for the storage of said person's cigars, what brand/model/features would he/she/it be best advised to look for?
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm asking this for a "friend." 
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might send your "friend" to wally world, like $54.. chit an grins pm me your "friend's" mailing info.  o:)
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kswildcat said:
    You might send your "friend" to wally world, like $54.. chit an grins pm me your "friend's" mailing info.  o:)
    This line of coolers (Coleman Xtreme) is a great choice. These have a great seal. I have no other experience with other coolers because I loved the first one so much I bought more just like it. The size I like is smaller than the one shown. Mine are 70 quart and are around $40 @ walmart. Small enough to move around easily if you need to. They stack well if you end up needing another one. There's even enough room to place most desktops inside during the winter months if you are having any trouble maintaining your desired humidity. Your "friend" should consider these. 
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I third this!  Great seal and great price. 
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kswildcat said:
    I I believe I have his friends addy and will get it out to you today.
    My "friend" is homeless.

At least, he will be if he pulls the trigger on his hypothetical purchase.

And y'all just cool your jets @kswildcat and @genareddog. He also knows where both of you live.  :*
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you wanted to start smaller here is a 40qt at the same retailer for about $15.  However I would know nothing about this.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

edited February 2016
    matkn293 said:
    If you wanted to start smaller here is a 40qt at the same retailer for about $15.  However I would know nothing about this.
    I have 1 of those igloo as well(I'm assuming that is the 1 you are referring to). Pretty good buy also but I feel the Coleman has a better seal. I'm sure his "friend" would be happy with it as well.

My "friend" is homeless.

At least, he will be if he pulls the trigger on his hypothetical purchase.

And y'all just cool your jets @kswildcat and @genareddog. He also knows where both of you live.  :*
    I have no earthly idea of what "jets" you are wanting @genareddog and I to cool. He owns a bike shop and I'm a trucker, I assure you this truck is no jet. You must have us confused with @Usaf06 lol
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will agree on the Coleman xtreme. I have two of the 70qt and they work very well.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White

I am working on those jets right now @kswildcat. Working on adding that line to our shop.

• nOObAlliancenOObAlliance Posts: 40 ✭✭✭
    @puff_dougie could we please see some pics of your new cooler!!!!
    I don't have a new cooler. But @kswildcatseems to have a nice one. Looks pretty roomy too!

Lol not nearly roomy enuff. I've been buying faster then smoking and it's full
    kswildcat said:
    Same problem here, bro. Winter makes it hard to keep the inventory down. I've always managed to smoke or share enough to maintain a single humidor system. But there are times when the purchases push that arrangement to its limit. Thus, my question in this thread.

One more question for you. In your Coleman, do you use KL or some other humidifier? If KL, what brand?
  • nOObAlliancenOObAlliance Posts: 40 ✭✭✭
    kswildcat said:
    Same problem here, bro. Winter makes it hard to keep the inventory down. I've always managed to smoke or share enough to maintain a single humidor system. But there are times when the purchases push that arrangement to its limit. Thus, my question in this thread.

One more question for you. In your Coleman, do you use KL or some other humidifier? If KL, what brand?

Hmmm, no cooler
    Heartfelt beads.

I may have a slight addiction to the devil sites and have an issue getting to the stock relief distribution provider  :#
    I'm toying with idea of different cooler each yr (smaller of course ) to help organize stock to as of what year acquired.  If happens I will be trying out KL
    kswildcat said:
    I'm toying with idea of different cooler each yr (smaller of course ) to help organize stock to as of what year acquired.  If happens I will be trying out KL

Interesting idea. Could you accomplish the same thing by using different boxes in a single large cooler? Or partitions of some kind?
    kswildcat said:

Hmmm, no cooler
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKDeiMD9a7w

kswildcat said:

Interesting idea. Could you accomplish the same thing by using different boxes in a single large cooler? Or partitions of some kind?
    I'm sure you could. Thought of that as well.  Would not be hard to make cedar dividers
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go big Doug.  It will fill up faster than you think.

We will help as well.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kswildcat said:

Hmmm, no cooler
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKDeiMD9a7w

LOOK OUT DOUG!!!!!!!!!!! THESE GUYS ARE DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love cats!

But I can never eat an entire one in a single sitting...
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    Just wondering if your friend ever got a cooler?
     :* 
    Dang! My friend picked up a Kristoff sampler tonight and can't fit another stick in his humi. He might just have to visit Wally World tomorrow...
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is that code for your friend is running low and needs a bomb or two 
    Non Crux sed lux