Home Non Cigar Related

Have we really come to this?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Whether you like Trump or not, is this really how people should behave?

I don't understand these people. 
If I don't like a person running, I don't vote for them. 
Blocking traffic and shutting down a highway is kind of stupid, not to mention a bit extreme, I think.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/03/19/video-anti-donald-trump-protesters-shut-down-arizona-highway-rally

I don't know that something like this is even productive.

It's interesting that people are going nuts about the race. 
I was asked who I was voting for and the person got all worked up when I said I hadn't made up my mind yet. Their response was, "How could you not know??" and went on to explain why certain ones shouldn't be voted for.

I understand being passionate about it, but strong arming people to vote a certain way is a bit over the top.

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want Trump one bit. I honestly think if Cruz was ahead these people would be harassing him the same manner (with not as much ammo).

With that said the more I see these slow leak gimme gimme free stuff, open borders, utopia people get irritated the more I will vote (reluctantly) for Trump if he does win the nominee. Kansas is done in the primary and I less then istaticly pulled the lever for Cruz

I still think Trump is a fake and won't even attempt to fix immigration. But chances are I'm wrong. Regardless I HOPE a president Trump would be better then a Hillary or Bernie.

Trump himself does not make it easy for me to vote for him if he does become the nominee, but the utopia crowd does. The more they pull this crud the more intrenched I become.

I still have my tin foil hat on and thinking clouds are aligning for all hell to break lose and the election being suspended.   
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kswildcat said:
    ......Regardless I HOPE a president Trump would be better then a Hillary or Bernie.

Hell, a castrated, one-legged toad would be a better choice than Billary. With all her lying, thievery, and just general corruption she needs to be behind bars, certainly not in the White House. 

Bernie's a nice old guy but nice old guys don't make good presidents. 

Im not in love with Trump but, as it's always been, it just boils down to the lesser of evils. Looked at that way, he's the obvious choice. And if we can make it through eight years of Obummercare without the country caving in on us, we can probably hang on through a Trump administration....   B)

I guess I shouldn't soft-pedal it so much and just say what I really think, right??   :p
    I'm sure what you really think wouldn't make it past the admins... That's why your so great.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a hunch that a President Trump would be less bombastic and alienating than Candidate Trump.  He's such a showman that he's amping it up for the campaign, but think if he was in the White House, he'd adapt that sort of personage.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kswildcat said:

With that said the more I see these slow leak gimme gimme free stuff, open borders, utopia people get irritated the more I will vote (reluctantly) for Trump if he does win the nominee. Kansas is done in the primary and I less then istaticly pulled the lever for Cruz
    This statement is something we are seeing more and more.
    The people who are creating these mobs, blockades and all seem to be those who want all that and it is pushing a large number of people to re-think their choices.

Which is a shame. 
    It shouldn't be this way. 
    You shouldn't have to be voting for the person you hate the least.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    You're right, Tony. We SHOULDN'T have to be voting for the one we hate the least.... but it's been that way since I was old enough to vote (and that's longer than anyone else on this forum) and I don't see it changing any time soon, I'm sad to say....  :/
    edited March 2016
    It's funny how the politicians claim to be trying to come up with incentives to get the slow leaks to provide for themselves, yet they keep giving them incentives not to. That's their game tho, taking away the incentives not to be self reliant would be giving away their power, their voice.. It's all big government and hunger for power. 

They claim to need foreign workers to do jobs Americans won't.  Yet they give Americans incentives not to work. That's all bs. You take away the incentives people will do whatever they can to survive. The equality utopia they try to sell is a dream. I've done the jobs most the illegals these days have been proven to lazy to do. Most are not like the illegals of the past, they come for our welfare nothing more. I have many first generation immigrant friends and they despise them as much as me. They are furious they had to work their azces off to come here and make it while the new just come and get handed everything.  But that gives the big government power to get even bigger and more powerful.

If Trump or Cruz for that matter actually did attempt to at least attempt to fix immigration and the welfare state it would be nice. I just don't see it.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Imagine if Bernie finally got mad and went 3rd party or Independent, and the Republicans dump Trump at the convention, that could get interesting.  The Republicans didn't get the job done last election and mid-terms, this is the report card.  Seems they're all running scared now, the deck is getting re-shuffled and they still try and play the same old hands.  Romney and others sound like Democrats now.  The country has finally eaten too much crap and it's puking it out, I'll take my Trump steak med-well after.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you'd have told me 5 years ago that Trump would even be in contention for the POTUS, I'd have died laughing.
    Today, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
    On the one hand, I'm laughing that he's doing so well. On the other hand, I'm crying because he's doing so well and the other options are just as horrid.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    I was surprised Trump actually did run this time.  Then I was surprised how good he was doing getting votes, figured he'd drop out or be eliminated early.  Don't agree with everything he say's but then I don't completely agree with any of them.  Even Bernie makes some good points.  Right now Trump's got the juice and the votes coming in, Republican party seems to be growing, may be smart to let it play out on it's own.  Instead of the person, or in the case of politicians yourself, think of the party, any good party has lots of people at it that want to be there.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, good post, @webmost; you've cut to the chase really well. A morning smoke in your honor. 

• johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was awesome,thank you 
    Non Crux sed lux
    That right there is why I said I was going to write him or @jlmarta in.. 
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great post @webmost, very well summed up. 
    A little dirt never hurt
    edited March 2016
    Found this in this morning's news. Click on the link and scroll down to the video start button....

Exactly 16 years ago the Simpsons predicted a Trump presidency
    http://bit.ly/1WCpnn8

sorry about the ad. It's only a few seconds, though...
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive heard that if it comes down to Trump vs Hillary it's expected to have the largest voter turnout ever. 
    Interesting webmost, thanks for that.  But I try and not get too hung up on comparisons and the perceived inevitable results, especially when it comes to people.  But there are comparisons there, enough for both sides really.