Home Non Cigar Related

Why is it?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
That it seems to be unacceptable for an old guy to rock out in a hot rod truck?

If a guy is rocking out to Sammy Hagar, Def Leppard or something like that in a rumbling hot rod, people look at you like you're nuts. 
Is there an age limit to enjoying things like that?  :s
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If it's too loud, you're too old". LOL I remember saying that as a young punk. Now I'm that guy that's too old. LOL
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want a TA with t tops. I would totally Cruz around and jam my 80s music that I still listen to daily. That would make my decade.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Saw both in concert. Keep up the good fight and who cares what they think. Rock on man. 
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    When they look at you like your nuts turn it up louder and give em  the bird :D
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Thanks a lot Puffy for putting me on a twisted sister fix.. Had to listen to all my favorite songs of theirs and watch behind the music lol... 
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Enjoying music is everyone's right, young and old, screw them if they don't feel it.  Cruising and listening to music is an escape, crank it up and let the good times roll.  If you can't feel it in your gut it ain't loud enough, and if it ain't loud enough they will hear your singing.
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your all making me want to re-install my 4-channel amp and big speakers in the truck.  Missing blaring the Ozz man, Metallica and all the stuff that was too heavy for the radio back in those days.  God, my neighbors hated when I was home.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get some funny looks while riding around in the Jeep with the top down with some Eminem blasting ;) My music genres are country, 80's hair bands, and Eminem. Yes, it confuses me too, especially when my iPod used to jump from George Strait to Em, that's not a soft transition! Not something I experience much anymore since I mainly use Spotify. Maybe I'll load up my iPhone with some of my old stuff. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Haters be Hating! 
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
    8-Track with a book of matches stuck in there to keep it from skipping, we've come a long way baby!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    8-Track with a book of matches stuck in there to keep it from skipping, we've come a long way baby!
    The funny thing is, you dealt with it and worked it out.
    There were no  recalls, no class action suits or any of that. You figured it out and found a solution to the problem.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    0patience said:
    The funny thing is, you dealt with it and worked it out.
    There were no  recalls, no class action suits or any of that. You figured it out and found a solution to the problem.

That was to easy.. Now days just sue over every little thing.. 
    edited March 2016
    I remember playing the same 8 track tape in my pickup forever, because it had matchbooks all around it to keep it playing and putting a different tape in meant having to align everything all over again.
    AND my buddy bought a stand alone cassette player for my truck, so he could use these "new" cassettes in my truck so we didn't have to listen to the same damn tape over and over. LOL!

If you remember Kraco car stereos, then you are old. ROFL!!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    I always tried to get shotgun so I had match duty.  Went right to cassette after the am/fm converter fiasco in my '74 Gremlin.  Craig Powerplay in a van, had  4Jensons mounted in the bed and 2 Bose box speakers for tables.  Used to put them on the roof for keggers, oh the memories.  Pioneer Supertuners were popular back then too but Powerplays had more balls without an amp.  Think I remember them Krapo's, lol.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to use the cassette adapters with my DiscMan, now I use them with my phone for podcasts. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    edited March 2016
    If you remember this adapter, well...............

ROFL!!
    It's funny if you think about it, in those days, we were half engineer.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    edited March 2016
    Hay you was up town if you had one them bad boys back in the day.. 

Your really old if you had one them 45 players in your ride.. lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Edna20 said:
    I get some funny looks while riding around in the Jeep with the top down with some Eminem blasting ;) My music genres are country, 80's hair bands, and Eminem. Yes, it confuses me too, especially when my iPod used to jump from George Strait to Em, that's not a soft transition! Not something I experience much anymore since I mainly use Spotify. Maybe I'll load up my iPhone with some of my old stuff. 
    Me too. I can't get enough of Chris Stapleton right now.- Tennessee whiskey, after that some fiddy cent. 
    Urban engineering had to be done, no app's back then just ingenuity.  I do remember those adaptors, never had one though.  Reel to reel used to have good sound and no treble from too much bass, crank it up.  Used to have to tape a dime or penny to my turntable stylus to prevent that, then I started hanging it from the ceiling, helped a lot.  Used to carry a screwdriver in one car to jump the starter solenoid terminals until I could save enough to replace it.  Cut up beer cans and a couple of hose clamps to fix a hole in the exhaust.  You might be a redneck if,,,,,,,,
    edited April 2016
    This Puffy fella is something else. Not only does he send me on a search for a  cigar that doesn't exist thru a post, he posts this and it put 2 twisted sister songs in my head that I could not get out. Which put me on yet another search. Many cd racks later I find this. Thanks Puffy lol ... Oddly the 2 songs stuck in my head were  We're not going to take it and The price. Much of  the cd I choose not to listen to tho.