Home Non Cigar Related

How many?

kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
How many law enforcement officers have to die before the idiots in Washington and the moron media admit there is a problem and war has been waged?

Having no luck finding much info on the net about this Jim Brown III that killed the Virginia trooper other then he has a heck of a rap sheet and shouldn't been on the streets in the first place. From what I gather from my search is they are stumped on motive, seems pretty darn obvious to me..

Sure funny how I can't find any pictures of this guy.. This is way out of hand and the media and idiots in Washington are not helping. 

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He could have been one of Obama's sons. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Said it before and I'll say it again. LEO deaths are the only ones the current administration won't politicize. Or even acknowledge, for that matter.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now understand that I am saying there isn't a problem, there definitely is. But what do you do? How do you solve it without affecting the rights of the average citizen. 

Remember that while a law passed may be directed toward the criminals, often a innocent person can get wound up in it.

Folks can say that if the person were innocent, they wouldn't, but it happens everyday.

This is where lobbyists and politicians get hung up. Trying to come up with laws, that will keep criminals in jail without infringing on the rights of americans is a bit of a juggling act.

Not really my view point of it, but that is what most politicians will feed you.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    first thing gov't can do is shut down the guy that is making these guns that look like cell phones, talk about a terrible idea:

Image Companys Gun iReal Looking
    It doesn't matter what a gun looks like it matters who is holding it. Most cops like me are big 2nd ammendment believers and banning guns or taking guns away from law abiding citizens isn't the amswer. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I agree, but making guns that look like cell phones or some other innocent-looking item puts cops at a hesitant disadvantage.

edit: people shouldn't be afraid of holding a cell phone and cops shouldn't be afraid of that innocent action. 
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    first thing gov't can do is shut down the guy that is making these guns that look like cell phones, talk about a terrible idea:

Image Companys Gun iReal Looking
    Nice looking piece (rolling my eyes)..
    Never heard of or seen one.. 

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    That type of gun just adds one more element to the officer's shoot/don/t shoot decision.  How long does the officer wait to see if it is a gun or not?
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here he is:

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

@webmost I searched for over an hour and read most articles I came across (which wasn't many and not very detailed). Not surprised you found it.
    Still seems pretty much like shove it under the rug, nothing to see here. If the dude had robbed a store and was running from the cops and got shot I'm pretty sure would have been covered much different. 
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    The media is one thing and politics the other, although they seem to be more in bed now.  It's getting harder to believe what you read in some newspapers, or what you don't read, and what you see on the networks is edited to show usually one side.  I like to think the system works regardless of the media coverage.  

Politicians gotta get serious about the problem, and not their agenda's, before things get more out of control.  Is it just me or do they seem to be letting more out of jails and giving lighter sentences now?  Questioning the policeman's integrity before the criminal in some cases, before all the facts are known.  Need to get tougher on prosecuting more crimes.  Especially sentencing of crimes committed with a gun, even more so on crimes against policemen, firemen etc.  Mandatory, put em away, give them to "Sheriff Joe".

Attorney general Loretta Lynch sent a memo to judges saying they need to sentence according to federal guidelines and give lighter sentences for drug crimes. Mind you feds don't pick up a drug case unless it's well above trafficking
    -- Winston Churchill

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Seeing Obama doing the smiling wave with Castro while Joanne Chesimard walks freely around Havana.  Shows the mindset and sends a message.
    Nick I hear about a lot of people get picked up for a crime and found illegal possession of firearm and plead out and that charge gets dropped. Guys it's pretty common to get picked up for a drug crime and be found illegally armed and they cut a deal and firearm charge gets dropped.

Seems to me cops do their jobs but everyone in suits don't do theirs. That would be frustrating to no end. Kinda like being border patrol with Obozo in the white house. 
    The state usually if pleading out a case will drop some charges. That's the benefit for a defendant to plea. Drug cases at the state level aren't really 
    rosecuted very tough. Very rare for someone to go to prison on drug charges unless they meet trafficking levels. Unfortunately the charges that are dropped are really up to the state and they rarely contact the LEO to get input.
    -- Winston Churchill

• variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    It doesn't matter what a gun looks like it matters who is holding it. Most cops like me are big 2nd ammendment believers and banning guns or taking guns away from law abiding citizens isn't the amswer. 
    This!

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
    Seeing Obama doing the smiling wave with Castro while Joanne Chesimard walks freely around Havana.  Shows the mindset and sends a message.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

edited April 2016

Usaf06 said:

• pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    It's almost as though the civilian population is upset about something... If only we knew what it could be. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/investigative/2015/04/11/thousands-dead-few-prosecuted/