Home Non Cigar Related

Baseball!

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Monday!
Kind of irritated though.
Have to go to Seattle April 16 and no home games that weekend. Kind of pisses me off.

On a good note, I found MLB At bat app that gives game info on it with highlights and news.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hip hip hooray, I am ready! 
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be a long season for me but I'm excited. Baseball is always a great season.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been watching all of the Angels Spring Training games. Can't wait for the season to start  B)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    WaterNerd said:
    Been watching all of the Angels Spring Training games. Can't wait for the season to start  B)
    We'll shiiiiiiiet.  Yous a Halo Honk too???
    Let's hold hands
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's go Bucs! Season opener win against the Cardinals! Going to PNC Park on Tuesday night. What to wear... what to wear?

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodger blue and best buy blue true and true. Will never forget Gibson bottom of the ninth 3 runs down bases loaded...
    Could be cause that's the last time we won it all.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolagizmo said:
    Dodger blue and best buy blue true and true. Will never forget Gibson bottom of the ninth 3 runs down bases loaded...
    Could be cause that's the last time we won it all.
    I lived in Boston when I was younger.
    Grew up watching Yaz and Fisk. (For you younger pups, they were Red Sox players in the 70s.)
    Imagine being a Red Sox fan and getting so close.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    edited April 2016
    Seattle allows only 1 hit and loses 3 - 2 to Texas.
    What.........the.............hell?

If Seattle is gonna play like this all season, they're gonna suck.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although they started with a loss,it's looking good for the CUBS
    Non Crux sed lux
    Rangers actually won. Reminds me of when Incavilia bounced balls off his head
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
    That play was something like I saw in rookie league. 
    I couldn't watch it, it hurt so bad. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Sorry Tony I am not a Rangers fan. I just lived in Dallas when I moved back from Scotland. I like the Mavericks and Cowboys and if I have to watch hockey I want the Stars to be on the ice. Give me UCLA anything or the Dodgers and I will enjoy it more.
    edited April 2016
    Nothing wrong with rooting for any team. That's what its all about. I was just ashamed that Seattle gives up 3 runs on 1 hit. 

Opening day, I'm just happy to see anyone playing.

I miss hockey. When I was little, living in Boston, there was only 2 sports teams. The Bruins (Bobby Orr and Phol Esposito days) and the Red Sox. Anything else was just there. 

When we moved to Oregon, the first thing I asked about was where the hockey rink was. When I was told no rinks, I told my dad he needed to put in for a new transfer to somewhere with a rink. That never happened. LOL!

I still miss hockey. Baseball was still good to me until I found out there were 1000 other pitchers as good as me in rookie league.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    johnnyB said:
    The Sunday game was still an exhibition. Monday was opening day and the Cubs are 1-0. Strange scheduling.
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    johnnyB said:
    The Sunday game was still an exhibition. Monday was opening day and the Cubs are
    1-0. Strange scheduling

That's funny I was pissed off with the loss,thought that was game one. What a difference a day makes. 9-0
    Non Crux sed lux
    baseball sucks
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brewers looked really good yesterday. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    i'm kinda worried about the cardinals this year......this might be the year where i get to feel like what it feels to be a brewers fan @avengethis
    baseball sucks
    Why, because the Dodgers started strong? Don't hate participate. There's room on this band wagon.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1 said:
    i'm kinda worried about the cardinals this year......this might be the year where i get to feel like what it feels to be a brewers fan @avengethis
    As a Pirate fan, I approve of this message.  :)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    THHHHHHE YANKEES WIN!
    Albinfk said:
    THHHHHHE YANKEES WIN!
    As an old Boston fan, all I will say is...........Boooooooooooo!!!
     B) 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Nolagizmo said:
    baseball sucks
    Why, because the Dodgers started strong? Don't hate participate. There's room on this band wagon.
    son of a ...
    Nolagizmo said:
    baseball sucks
    son of a ...
    Motherless goat...dzr I am willing to fly in for an angels dodgers game some time. But you need to teach your pitchers how to hit!
    Nolagizmo said:
    Nolagizmo said:
    baseball sucks
    son of a ...
    Motherless goat...dzr I am willing to fly in for an angels dodgers game some time. But you need to teach your pitchers how to hit!
    First, I need to teach them how to throw a fastball faster than 80mph
    Nolagizmo said:
    First, I need to teach them how to throw a fastball faster than 80mph
    Now that's funny right there.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1 said:
    i'm kinda worried about the cardinals this year......
    The season is early yet. Lots of ball ahead
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly is an old Red Sox fan?
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got the app MLB At Bat. Love listening to the Game while working outside or just kicking back outside enjoying a cigar. AM reception is really bad where I live due to all of the mountains (live in a valley). $20 per year and I can now listen to all of the games... Sweet :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln