Home General Discussion

Where are you most often when enjoying a cigar?

Just wondering in this world of "no smoking" almost everywhere you go, where everyone went to enjoy their smoke. I usually find myself on a solo long drive or sitting on the back patio. I would love to have a smoking room in my basement, but will probably move so that's not happening!

Comments

• jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    I am not allowed to smoke on my balconey says my landlord, so I usually go smoke at the park next to my house, or the porch at my church building as it is covered.
  • mikalsanmikalsan Posts: 53
    GOLF COURSE!! Then again, i barely get away with it at home because the wife does not approve. So Golf and Deployments to Iraq are my favorite smoking spots. Right now Iraq. Getting ready to go enjoy a Cohiba. Supposedly it is from Cuba. We got it from some turkish guys. Well see if it measures up to the real ones we used to smoke in Japan. I'm going to find a cigar club when I get home. I would suggest doing the same. (they actually keep a humidor for you!)
  • GaryKGaryK Posts: 15
    While I admit my first choice would be a smoking room in my basement, I'm sure the smell would make it's way into the house. So I took over a section of my garage. I paneled the walls, put down some indoor/outdoor carpet, put a little boom box out there, I have a real comfortable lawn chair - 2 actually. My wife and I love it out there. We go out there at night, light up a couple of candles, put on some nice music and just enjoy the time. It's a little rough in the winter (Northwest Indiana), but a good space heater does the job. I love my garage smoking room. I'm lucky, I have an over-sized 3 car garage so I had the extra room to spare. You can't beat it. On a Friday night I can have a few beverages and walk into the house - no worry about driving. I live in a smoke free town, so I adapted.
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Since I banned myself from smoking in the house or the car, my go to place is on the back patio. I just need to break down and get an umbrella for the patio set.
  • handypantzhandypantz Posts: 86
    In the basement or the front porch or in the bar shooting some nine ball (i guess if a town has less than 15k peolpe you can still smoke in the bars :D )....or my buddy and I like to walk the streets near our houses...its funny on a friday or saturday night cause we usually get stopped by the police...inquiring what we are smoking. 2 Kids with backwards hats wondering town smoking churchills must be a sight........other than that...baseball games!!
  • RailedRailed Posts: 30
    It so nice to enjoy a stick in the comfort of your own living room. But i usually find myself at the Cigar shop down the street. they have a nice lounge, upscale atmosphere, and friendly people. In Cali no bars or pool halls allow smoking.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the cigar shop in my area... my front porch while watching the (few) cars go by. every now and again in my attic. but not often.
  • Usually in my garage, I am converting it into a smoking room. So far I have wired cable and set up a stereo system into it and have a new TV and recliner on the way.
  • ChevyChevy Posts: 61
    Found a new shop in the valley a few months back, they have a great cigar selection and a very friendly crowd. Sporting a very nice lounge with a plasma TV for all my sporting needs, and nice locker storage (which I share with railed) for personal cigars. If anyone lives in the Los Angeles area contact me for information on an upcoming cigar night at the shop. It includes 4 cigars and 2 Cognacs for $25. It is next Wednesday the 2nd.

Also, we are having a garage sale soon to clear out our garage so hopefully it will leave us enough room to make a smoking room out of it.
  • Big DeanBig Dean Posts: 120
    I smoke in my cabana when it's nice, and in my car when it is cold.
  • AVGeekAVGeek Posts: 7
    Two Summers ago my father in law and I put in a deck (actually he designed it and framed it, I was the gofer with the boxes of screws and the cordless drill).  Last week we had a person out to get the hedges back in order, and my wife was kind enough to put some plants out there for me.  I have now declared it my own personal cigar bar and I love it. A my grill is parked out there in case the mood hits me (which it does when I do fajitas) and the chimenea provides a nice way to warm up if needed in addition to providing a fitting ending for my cigar butts. 

I also have been known to sit out on the front porch in the swing. 

-D
  • PKJHPKJH Posts: 11
    Out on my deck during warmer weather. Winter I will go to my favorite smoke shop or once in a while have one in our back room. The wife gave me a smokeless ashtray, that and a few candles cut down on the smell.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    For me, in summer most often I am sitting out back when the kids have gone to bed. They are still young and impressionable enough that I don't want them to see their daddy smoking; let them make that decision for themselves when they are adults and can weigh all the risks. But in the winter here in Montana, I will sometimes take off work a little early, go down to the local watering hole, and simply sit in a quiet corner of the bar and have a drink and smoke. :D
  • golfcigarjunkiegolfcigarjunkie Posts: 61
    Like most everyone it depends on the time of year. Mostly on my deck and the golfcourse in the summertime and in my truck with the windows open and the heater on full blast in the wintertime.
  • btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    Have good size sun room off the back that is perfect in Maryland winters.  Sun heats it up nicely and is separated form the house by sliding door so smell is not an issue.  Too hot in the summer so I built myself a nice patio to sit out and enjoy.
  • i do the same thing if its a pretty day. but i'm usually lounging and my buddy Bo's house or in our ,about to be cigar shop, building in downtown court street florence alabama. Good smoke, Good friends= Good times
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    Either in my truck while driving home from work or in one of the spots in my garden that I created for just such a purpose. Sometimes I water the whole yard by hand while I smoke a double Gordo.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90%  of the time its on the back patio. Its screened in and living i north florida i can smoke outside about 11 and 1/2 months a year. most of the time the wife and i sit out there and play cards 
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the truck, somewhere in the 48 states. 
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the back deck or the front porch. Depends on the wind. Gonna start building the basement cigar lounge late this summer and can't wait. To damn cold and windy here in the winter.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    The cigar lounge year round...great staff and we'll always warm or cool so I can't complain
    Money can't buy taste
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually my back yard or over at my buddy's. 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My back porch, and sometimes in a parking lot with a folding table and chair waiting for my daughter and reading the forum.  I'm there right now.  :D
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    as soon as my kids are out and on their own so will definitely have a man cave then. 
    Does that really happen?
    Do they really get out on their own?
    I have hope yet, then. LOL!

I smoke on the enclosed front porch, on the enclosed back deck, in my pickup or when I can get away with it (Usually when the bossy lady is not home), at my desk. 
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    as soon as my kids are out and on their own so will definitely have a man cave then. 
    Does that really happen?
    Do they really get out on their own?
    I have hope yet, then. LOL!

I smoke on the enclosed front porch, on the enclosed back deck, in my pickup or when I can get away with it (Usually when the bossy lady is not home), at my desk. 
    I hope to let you know some day.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My oldest moved out... to my mother-in-law's house...for now...

Housing here is just too expensive here.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My living room.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    My living room.
    Me too. Now that the weather is nice I have been getting in some good outdoor smoking time in between rainy days and when the wind doesn't blow 30 mph.