Home Non Cigar Related

Gaming computer advice?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
So one of the games I play, went to a new client.
And the new client is a resource hog and my computer on my desk doesn't have the resources and I don't want to use my computer I use for graphics stuff, as I want that one to stay where it is.

So, currently I have 4 GB DDR memory, with a crappy Raedon 4300 graphics and 250W power supply.

I'm thinking of getting 2 Corsair (isn't that funny?) 8GB cards, with a 600W power supply and a MSI AMD Radeon R7 240 2GB DDR3 graphics card.

So, the question is, how does that sound for basic games?
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Not really into the gaming and highest tech spec lingo any more, but I will say everything I've experienced from MSI has been fantastic with great support and frequent updates.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    OK. I got this one.

What processor do you have because the ram and card can handle just about anything basic.

Second, what are you spending on upgrades? Should you just get something better?

As long as the brain, aka, processor can handle the hardware and temp memory

"Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolagizmo said:
    OK. I got this one.

What processor do you have because the ram and card can handle just about anything basic.

Second, what are you spending on upgrades? Should you just get something better?

As long as the brain, aka, processor can handle the hardware and temp memory

Processor is an AMD Athlon 3 Ghz 4 core
    Everything total is $170 for the memory, power supply and graphics card.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.