Home Cigar 101

Need some guidance on a cigar

2deep4air2deep4air Posts: 11
I am new to cigars. Had a light colored one and really liked it. Macanudo something. Then another friend gave me a Camacho with a red label. Thought i'd choke! What was the difference? Was the red one really strong or was it just me being a wimp?

Best Answers

• tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The Macanudo was a pretty mild cigar, but that Camacho was indeed a little more full bodied. Try some other Connecticut wrapped Macanudo or really any of the Mild or Mild Medium cigars on the Ccom site
    Answer ✓
    Some of the vets on here like @kuzi16 have done a lot of reviews that you can check out or just post like you did and wait for the gurus to offer their insight. Cigars are all about enjoying the moment and everyone has different tastes. You'll eventually find yours as your palate expands (and your wallet shrinks!)
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Definitely agree with the above statements so far. Would point you for the moment at playing mostly with Connecticut wrapper cigars. If you order online just talk to your sales person and describe the Macanudo you liked and ask for some similar profile connecticut cigars. If you buy from a lounge, well same thing just ask them and look for recommendations based on that. Parked color wrapper isn't always more nicotine and strength, but it is at least an ok rule of thumb for covering a broad spectrum as a whole.

Brett

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Answer ✓
    BTW, welcome to the forum. Hope you take advantage of the info available. Don't get upset when some of these guys poke some fun at you. It's a fun forum, just don't take anything too serious. Have fun, poke back! 

Answers

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    How did you choke on it? Did you inhale? Usually the newb just turns green and vomits
    Money can't buy taste
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A RCY AND Kuzi sighting in one day!

We was just talking about you brother! LOL!
    Good to see you.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Trying to get back. 
    Life is just so different than how it was when I was heavy posting. 
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16 said:
    Trying to get back. 
    Life is just so different than how it was when I was heavy posting. 
    It's always good seeing you on here! Even a pop in now and again is much appreciated!
    Money can't buy taste