Home Non Cigar Related

USPS vs UPS again.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Why is it that you can ship something across the nation in 3 days with USPS, but UPS, which costs more for the same damn package takes 7-10 days?

I think they do that, just to annoy me. LOL!
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just happened to me as well,it's hella frustrating. And for some reason after 11days with ups the usps ended up delivering the package.
    Non Crux sed lux
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Why is it that you can ship something across the nation in 3 days with USPS, but UPS, which costs more for the same damn package takes 7-10 days?

LOL sometimes you gotta wonder right?! And what the heck are you shipping across the US that needs UPS and takes a week????

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    johnnyB said:
    Just happened to me as well,it's hella frustrating. And for some reason after 11days with ups the usps ended up delivering the package.
    Yeah, that really is irritating. 
    I've gotten to the point where if I order something I want in a certain time, I call/email and find out how they are shipping and where I will sometimes pay a few bucks more for priority mail.

But this was an instance where one place didn't get UPS until they were closing, so I sent it priority mail and the other place got UPS in the morning, so I used UPS.
    I should have just sent both USPS priority. 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Sorry brother, but glad you at least are figuring out what works best for you. I do Priority or Flat Rate any time I possibly can, only go UPS when it is too big and too expensive to send via USPS, not that either is a great option but certainly is better.

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Then I find out my Viaje sampler is shipped UPS.
    DAMMIT! 
    ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    BWAHAHAHAA well they will have some nice age on them by the time they finally make it to you!!! ROFL

Brett
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    0patience said:

They have a special priority just for you man! LOL
    tabako said:
    0patience said:

They have a special priority just for you man! LOL
    I think they do. They see my name and go, "let's mess with this guy." 
    Then they give it to the little green men. 

ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    I feel the same way,and I'm supposed too have gold priority shipping. Thanks to my son being a JR,but ups can even F that up lol
    Non Crux sed lux
    It could be worse, it could be Fed Up. 
    They've delivered my stuff on the other side of town.
    Good thing about a small town though, the people call up and go, "they did it again, but that really is a nice llaptop." 

ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Yeah it's funny every time I order Cigars,my son gets a notification. Guess that's what I get for giving him my name 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's been making it worse for some time is that a shipper will ship via UPS, and if it's a smaller package they think they can save some money by handing it off to USPS.  They call it SurePost.  So instead of dropping it off on my door, they drop it off at a Post Office, and then it takes another day or two, assuming nothing else get fubar'd.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My DIL works for the post office. She tells me that they have a contract with UPS for that SurePost thing and that they love it. It provides extra revenue for USPS and some of the carriers get some overtime delivering packages on Sunday's. If you see a USPS truck making Sunday deliveries, that's what it's for. 

I see see it a little differently. UPS picks up the package and flies it to the city nearest the destination post office, thereby milking off most of the profit. Then they hand it off to USPS to deliver for mere pennies. And USPS, in their infinite business wisdom, thinks that's a great arrangement. 

Its a strange, strange world we live in, Master Jack....  
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hand 'em to Snowshoe Thompson. Two days from Tahoe to Placerville in the dead of winter... for free.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:

it's all about partnerships, fleet ownership, sorting & distribution center locations, delivery routes, and cost of service. 

all of the big 4 carriers offer delivery date guaranteed service but you'll pay a premium for it.
    and remember that usps priority mail delivery dates are estimates & not guaranteed.

in the future, you may want to reference this site when deciding what service to use https://shipgooder.com

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I think for the most part I'm lucky! There are so many places I order from that are close. I ordered a box of tats on Friday and got them today! That was ups. I'm sure usps would be tomorrow
    Money can't buy taste
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my surepost order is on the truck for delivery but didn't get dropped with the mail, cruising around in that 110 degree truck all day, maybe tomorrow. smdh
    A little dirt never hurt
    dirtdude said:
    my surepost order is on the truck for delivery but didn't get dropped with the mail, cruising around in that 110 degree truck all day, maybe tomorrow. smdh
    I always cringe shipping or receiving things this time of year for that very reason, that's a lot of heat and a lot of jostling for a long time and even over frozen cold in winter I personally feel it lends to the greatest chance for damage too :(

Brett
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the guy made another trip by this afternoon, probably be too damn hot for beetles to survive but I'll watch them for a while
    A little dirt never hurt