Home Cigar 101

Split Wrapper

tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
14 month old RyJ Red Dot Robusto. Wrapper split after first couple puffs. Any idea why? Sudden change in humidity?

Best Answers

Answers

• tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Half an hour can make that much of a difference? Wow.....good to know
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Ah Cameroon wrappers on a hot humid day...not a good choice
    Money can't buy taste
    I experienced this with a stick I received in a grab bag. It was a bummer, I liked where that one was going flavor wise:)

Roland
  • CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Just because the wrapper splits doesn't mean it's unsmokable. Man up, grow a pair, grit your teeth and work through it!

I've never had major splits. But I've had it start to unravel from the top when I was first starting out from cutting past the shoulder, still smoked it even after the wrapper fell off. xD
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    tabako said:
    14 month old RyJ Red Dot Robusto. Wrapper split after first couple puffs. Any idea why? Sudden change in humidity?
    Wait just caught this but what is a ryj red dot??
    Money can't buy taste
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

tabako said:
    Wait just caught this but what is a ryj red dot??

It's one of those cross polination cigars.
    Kind of like the Cohiba 1875

Where is the spell check on this forum??
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very slick idea Ricky, thanks for sharing hadn't thought of that but will use it next time!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very slick idea Ricky, thanks for sharing hadn't thought of that but will use it next time!

Brett
    I wonder if I could just put hose clamps on 'em? Could probably just smoke right through 'em til they fall off in my lap like every other ash does ;)
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool idea Bob, they make cushioned bad clamps even that may work even better... typically used to hold fuel lines etc but might be a really really slick tool.

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Shrink tubing with a hair dryer. (For all you Zappa fans LOL)

Dave

Roland