"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

Comments

• firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Love making my own.......
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    $?
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to but the dehydrator broke and I haven't been able to get a new one yet.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my jerky is dried and personal thank you
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    my jerky is dried and personal thank you
    It takes a wrinkly man to admit that.
    danielzreyes:
    firetruckguy:
    $?
    Give me the weekend, ill see what I can do......
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like saying turkey jerky.
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    I have a few recipes and I mostly use venison, and occasionally beef.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I make my own jerky and snack sticks. I use venison for both and occasionally some goose for the snack sticks. I'm all out right now but come this fall/winter when I can put a couple deer down I would send some out to you.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we get some from the jerky man again this year I'll keep you in mind.
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bert873:
    I used to but the dehydrator broke and I haven't been able to get a new one yet.

Bert, have you tried to make it in the oven?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hawc629TmdA

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mostly smoke salmon and sturgeon.
    Every once in a while, the nephew brings over elk or venison and we make up a bunch.
    Apple wood, Alder, Maple and Mesquite are my favorites.
    Alder is used a lot here, because it grows like weeds here.

Rats, now I'm getting hungry. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    Meat is marinating........
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just read through this and now I am heading to the store for some jerky!! Mouth is watering. Never made my own (well attempted once, didn't work out so well) but a friend of mines mom would make the most killer deer jerky. Super this it almost had a little crunch to it. Flavor was amazing!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

PM DZR
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I want some jerky now too.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    PM DZR
    Replied Firemandude
    This upcoming summer, I'm going to be doing some tasting and sampling of jerky.
    However, I need you guys to bomb me with some in order to do it LOL.

Thanks 
    Boom!
  • armyvetarmyvet Posts: 37
     I am new here if you don't mind my post. I can't get enough jerky and make my own often. I like the dried to where a tooth comes out when you bite and pull. Trying many different recipes I return to the same one often. Its very simple.
     A bottle of soy, pepper and liquid smoke. I can smoke my own in a smoker but can never wait long enough or make a big batch.
    armyvet said:
     I am new here if you don't mind my post. I can't get enough jerky and make my own often. I like the dried to where a tooth comes out when you bite and pull. Trying many different recipes I return to the same one often. Its very simple.
     A bottle of soy, pepper and liquid smoke. I can smoke my own in a smoker but can never wait long enough or make a big batch.
    wanna trade addys?
    anyone else?
    jarubla said:
    bert873:

Bert, have you tried to make it in the oven?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hawc629TmdA

-Jay
    I have not tried that but I have heard about using the oven. Might have to do that if I don't get a dehydrator soon

armyvet said:
    There's a meat shop close to my home town that makes there jerky drier like that. It's so good. They've won multiple state awards for their jerky. I can grab you some next time I make it down there so message me your addy. If anyone else @danielzreyes is interested in some let me know
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resurrecting this one

I have been digging on the steak strips jerky from Costco

Pretty damned great for store bought.

Reading over the thread again has got my stomach rumbling. Gonna go grab some from the fridge...

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    Bump. 
    Let me know 
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like saying turkey jerky.
    Still applies.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't let @CigarPunk find this thread.  He's a jerky junky.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elk jerky is the best
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Usaf06 said:
    Elk jerky is the best
    Send me some