Home General Discussion

Kaep is krap

dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
Kaepernick is a POS
A little dirt never hurt

Comments

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is entitled to his opinion/expression, after all, it's  a free country. I'm also free to dislike his political bull-spit. His attitude stinks; hopefully his game play improves or else he'll have a stinky attitude and stinky skills on the field. He needs to stay in the pocket, too quick to jump. Hopefully we can salvage a season this year. It's not looking good so far.  
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016

Remember when Carlos and Smith gave their black power salutes in Mexico City? 
    Seems like we've regressed to the sixties again, fifty years later.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bert873 said:
    My problem with this pile of crap and all other famous people that make remarks like this is that they have no issues reaping the benefits of this country. They say how much they hate this country but continue to take in millions. If you dislike this country go somewhere and try making those millions. Until then shut your pie hole. 
    Amen brother!

Full disclosure, until this I had no idea who Kaepernik is, or what he did for a living, but I feel exactly this way about a LOT of folks who come here, seeking refuge, and then want to turn our country into whatever hell they just ran away from.  You don't like it here?  Carry your ash back where you came from.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I respect Kaepernick's right to feel the way he does, but I have the right to not agree with it. In a way this reminds me of years back with the Dixie Chicks. One of them was spouting off about then Pres. Bush and then had the nerve to complain when people disagreed and their album sales slipped. Cause and effect. The right to speak freely does not free you from the consequences of said speech.
    Dave
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would have been really cool is if everyone had ignored him. 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ignored him, didn't even notice and I was at the game.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    bert873 said:
    My problem with this pile of crap and all other famous people that make remarks like this is that they have no issues reaping the benefits of this country. They say how much they hate this country but continue to take in millions. If you dislike this country go somewhere and try making those millions. Until then shut your pie hole. 
    Amen brother!

Full disclosure, until this I had no idea who Kaepernik is, or what he did for a living, but I feel exactly this way about a LOT of folks who come here, seeking refuge, and then want to turn our country into whatever hell they just ran away from.  You don't like it here?  Carry your ash back where you came from.
    Now that's interesting, a disagree for me, but not bert. 

Evidently I've offended someone. 

:D

So, to whom it may concern, are you seeking Sharia law for yourself and your family?  Try immigrating to Saudi Arabia, or Syria, or Iran. 

Please, don't let us stand in your way. 

No guts, no glory, and you've already proven where you stand on guts.

Head on out.

:)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This last post actually proves my point. Someone disagreed with Amos' stance, ergo they are wrong and are called out for an opposing opinion. Im not trying to start anything, but I think this topic has taken a bad turn.......

Dave

Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually don't comment on this stuff, but here it goes. The last CA had an interview with Ray Lewis and he talked a little about Balitmore. I'm looking in from the outside, but it seems rough. I worked in a litigation firm that was involved in some lawsuits there and it was clear to me how hard it is growing up black, especially male, in that kind of place. 

Anyway, Ray said , paraphrasing, "they tell you to get out... but if all the successful get out, nothing gets fixed. So I want to stay and help make a difference. "  I don't follow football or Mr. Lewis, but that is very respectable in my opinion.

There are problems. Race is an issue, whether it's a cycle of poverty, circumstantial, or actual racism there isn't one party to blame. It's complex.

So to take the stance that our country contributes to the problem and "oppression" seems ignorant or misguided. Go do something real about it if you feel so strongly!

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    This last post actually proves my point. Someone disagreed with Amos' stance, ergo they are wrong and are called out for an opposing opinion. Im not trying to start anything, but I think this topic has taken a bad turn.......

Dave

Everyone IS entitled to an opinion.  All opinions are NOT equal.

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In should not comment on anything related to football. I think it is one of the biggest wastes of time and money on this side of the planet after professional basketball. Just my opinion, not trying to piss any fans off here.
    I would like to see what **** Butkus or Ray Nitchke would do to this guy given the opportunity!
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭

Glad to see armchair quarterbacks are branching out to politics and race relations. 

NCR :smiley:
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not surprising you would find a stupid meme to contadict opinion. The fact is he is in uniform representing an organization and league. Too much to ask i guess to have a little respect.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

edited September 2016
    Yes respect for people of color would certainly go a long ways toward correcting some of the issues to which the protest is meant to draw attention.

The NFL doesn't seem to care much about systematic racial discrimination, my guess would be that having only one non-white owner in the league is a contributing factor there. Strangely though roughly a third of the players in the league are African-American. They should likely keep their opinions to themselves to be respectful though. Wouldn't want to upset the owners...

I am really truly proud of the NFL though for all the work they do in recognizing our armed forces. I think it's fantastic that an organization so storied and synonymous with America would do so much to support our troops and demonstrate a level of patriotism all Americans should strive for. I'm sure we would all be a lot quicker to voice our patriotism if we were receiving millions of dollars from the Department of Defense to do so.

Well, at least the NFL promotes awareness of breast cancer throughout the month of October though right! I mean we should really get the word out about breast cancer. Hardly anyone knows about this stuff!?!?! Only during October though, and if you wear anything on your uniform to remember your relatives that have died from breast cancer you will be fined. Lots of money raised for a really outstanding organization in the Susan G Komen... lots of ribbons made with that money... 

Perhaps the NFL is doing good work with their campaign to end domestic violence. No?  That campaign fell flat too? Damnit.

Meanwhile people want to talk about how Kaepernick disrespected a flag and a song. Keep up the good work boys.

I will admit he isn't very good at football though, so we probably agree about that.
    Post edited by pelirrojo on
    edited September 2016
    Perhaps he realizes he likely won't have a job within the next year or two based on his level of performance on the field and took the opportunity to take a stand(pun intended) for something he felt passionate about. You don't have to have personally experienced injustice to be able to speak out against it. With an audience the size of which he is accustomed to at this point he is likely to get far more recognition than Joe Blow standing on the corner with a sandwich board.

Taking himself out of games or refusing to go in would be refusing to do his job and a sure-fire way to get fired. That of course is not the end goal here, but raising awareness of discrimination is. 

I happen to think taking a stand and attempting to start discussions on the lack of equality in our nation is rather patriotic. Get used to it. You can only treat people like crap for so long before they get tired of it. 

I think one could argue that Mr. Kaepernick's actions are protected under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and thus his employer could not fire him for any reason other than his performance on the job. Were he on your team you'd have yourself a lawsuit. Ignorant sob is relative I suppose. 

While I'm sure you're well versed in our Federal Constitutional Rights as citizens and are aware that his actions are protected under the First Amendment(yes I know you don't have to like it), often a citizen is offered further protection under their respective State Constitution. I learned this in the last year as my person was illegally searched and seized by an overzealous police officer. My State Constitution protected me from law enforcement that had overstepped their bounds and acted illegally. Had I not had the luxury of being able to afford an attorney, I likely would have found myself in a very bad situation. It would appear that speech, regardless of venue, is further protected under the California State Constitution. 

Your mileage may vary.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

@pelirrojo
    Do you ever post about cigars or just here to push your liberal bullshit? Go to the CNN forum to discuss your misfortunes with cops and what ever else you libs **** about. 
    -- Winston Churchill

Wow that guy is super special. Arrested literally millions of times yet he walks freely though the streets. Tell me, how is that possible? Especially when we house lots of "three strikes" African-Americans in our prisons for non-violent drug offenses?
    Freedom of Speech doesn't give him the freedom from being criticized for his actions. 
    This.