Home General Discussion

C.A.S. is real...........I've become an addict!

RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi........I'm Dave, and I have CAS.
For me it isn't as much the smoking aspect, I enjoy it when I have time but I'll go a week or so without.......Its the damn BUYING!!!!!!!!! I can't seem to stop watching online sales, auctions, etc.....I've visited several B+M's in the lat week and picked up a few here and there.......Can someone please tell me there can be a happy ending to this?:) LOL

Dave

Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The struggle is real
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the beat goes on......   B)
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Do look here, I'm an enabler.... What did ya get?
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solution is to indulge more, and buy bigger coolers :)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only two ways out of CAS are 1) dying - not always fun, and 2) move into a Tiny House with no garage or outbuilding.  I never thought I would regret owning a house with a basement, but I do.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An intervention with your closest BOTL @peter4jc may be in your future. He is a role model for control and restraint. 
    Well, maybe not, but he is a great guy to herf with and discuss this issue.
    I obviously can't help. When I get a little money I buy cigars, if there is any left I buy food.
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    It's real. It's fun. It could possibly get you put in the doghouse.  Good luck. 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi........I'm Dave, and I have CAS.
    For me it isn't as much the smoking aspect, I enjoy it when I have time but I'll go a week or so without.......Its the damn BUYING!!!!!!!!! I can't seem to stop watching online sales, auctions, etc.....I've visited several B+M's in the lat week and picked up a few here and there.......Can someone please tell me there can be a happy ending to this?:) LOL

Dave

Hi Dave, welcome. Since it's September first, and tracking informs me I have yet another package waiting on the porch today, I'm thinking of gentlemanly restraint until October. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    enough apparently
    A little dirt never hurt
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Albinfk said:
    My wife put me on a 2 month ban from buying any more cigars after the last credit card statement and she found my stash. Now I give my cigar smoking buddy cash and he buys me cigars. Working a little more to make up the difference. Is this wrong? Start thinking out of the box. You'll be fine.
    No, it's not wrong.  It's "creative problem solving"! 

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've said many times, cigars are not an addiction, they are a hobby, an addicting hobby!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    The only two ways out of CAS are 1) dying - not always fun, and 2) move into a Tiny House with no garage or outbuilding.  
    I have discovered a third way, and it works: Roll Your Own.

Works 3 ways:
    1) LAS is way cheaper than CAS.
    2) RYO generates cigars, which satisfies CAS.
    3) RYP slays the devil's playmate

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far the wife has been patient and said vary little other than I have bought more cigars this year, and smoke more in the past 2 months than I have in the past 3 years. LOL.  I think it is like any other collector, or hobbyist, the fun is in the chase, except with cigars, the pay-off is also in the smoke!

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paging @peter4jc, I think I hooked a coffee customer for you who'd be interested in The Excellent Cup plus bodyguards. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Yakster said:
    Paging @peter4jc, I think I hooked a coffee customer for you who'd be interested in The Excellent Cup plus bodyguards. 
    ...and a finder's fee for Sir Yakster.