Home Ratings & Reviews

My Father Garcia & Garcia Shipping Soon

miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
At 35.00 a stick MSRP this thing had better be in or above the level of an OPUS or even the outrageous Behike for that price I would think. I love me some My Father but 35.00 a stick that's nuts. 

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/my-father-garcia-garcia-shipping-soon-18812

After months of delay, the most expensive My Father cigar to date will be arriving at retail in the first week of June, but the rollout is said to be scarce. Named My Father Garcia & Garcia, the new cigars are slated to carry a suggested retail price of $35 each.

"[Garcia & Garcia] will be shipped to a very small group of stores, which has been selected throughout the [United States]," said Alcides Montenegro, general manager and creative director at My Father Cigars. "This product is not a limited edition, but the company will maintain tight control over the amount distributed."

My Father Garcia & Garcia comes in one size only: a 6 3/4 inch by 54 ring vitola that My Father calls Toro Deluxe. The cigar is made with an Ecuadoran Habano rosado wrapper, Nicaraguan Criollo '98 binder and Nicaraguan fillers. The filler includes a small amount of Pelo de Oro tobacco, a Cuban-seed varietal known for its strength and sweetness but also its susceptibility to disease, making it difficult to grow. It is manufactured at My Father Cigars S.A. in Estelí, Nicaragua.

The cigars are adorned with the original My Father band, as well as a supplementary Garcia & Garcia band and will ship in hinged boxes of 10.

The new brand, which is meant to celebrate the craftsmanship of José "Pepin" Garcia and his son Jaime, was supposed hit retail shops in February, but had been delayed until now. According to Montenegro, paper production, such as the cigar bands and ribbons (which adorn the foot of the cigars) took longer than expected.

Retailers wishing to carry the cigar must meet several requirements in order to become an authorized Garcia & Garcia retailer. My Father is not disclosing details on the requirements but an expanded release to a larger number of retail shops is a possibility.

"It depends of how many stores we can find as a qualified stores," said Montenegro. "But we'll always have this product as something exclusive, never massive."

Free Cuba
"I ain't got no Opus's"
LLA
- Lancero Lovers of America
2016 Gang War (South)
May I assss u a ?

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes.  Sounds like it would be something up my ally but I am with you that $35 a stick seems a bit rough.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like something I'd want to try. Funny how they were delayed due to bands/ribbons considering I hate those stupid ribbons more than anything. They make cigars more susceptible to mold and I always remove them and/or avoid cigars that have them. I'll probably make an exception in this case. Looking forward to some reviews! 
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Very hard to find these. I got three boxes through a middleman and waiting for two more. It is simply a phenomenal smoke...will try to write up a review soon if I can. I smoked two so far and boy until now it is definitely the best Pepin cigar. I just can't review cigars like before. About the price - yes it is way overpriced but still hard to find them. 
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steep price point but from all accounts that I have read says that they are truly remarkable cigars, ones I would love to try let alone have a box of.

brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't swing for the price...if they had stayed in $18 I could justify the purchase of a few
    Money can't buy taste
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't swing for the price...if they had stayed in $18 I could justify the purchase of a few
    That is a lot of bones for a single smoke, totally agree there
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two of these left gave one out and smoked one.  The 1 that I smoked in my opinion was absolutely worth the price.  It was one of the best cigars I have smoked, and I have had many rare hard to finds pass through my mouth, including an mb1 etc.  I will let it known that I have had many htf Cubans as well, this is a great cigar.  I understand the price point is high but if you can swing it it's worth it.  This is solely my opinion based on my pallet.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I have two of these left gave one out and smoked one.  The 1 that I smoked in my opinion was absolutely worth the price.  It was one of the best cigars I have smoked, and I have had many rare hard to finds pass through my mouth, including an mb1 etc.  I will let it known that I have had many htf Cubans as well, this is a great cigar.  I understand the price point is high but if you can swing it it's worth it.  This is solely my opinion based on my pallet.
    Is it better then the padron 80th maduro? 
    Money can't buy taste
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have not had the 80th maduro, but to me it is better than the f75 maduro.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.