Home General Discussion

Easiest way to quit smoking cigars?

prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
I think ccom may be shooting themselves in the foot with the weekly deal this time.  Good way to guarantee no future orders :D

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will sell a ton, lots of people only care about price.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Come on they really aren't that bad, they are actually pretty good for the price. There are also made at AJ's place so right there that tells you they can't be all bad. I've smoked a few of each and I enjoyed them for what they are. Unless its not the black ops you guys are refering too?
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    I think it's just Gurkha in general, Andrew, that's being referred to.  I've had a couple of Black-ops from COTM, they were pretty good, as have been the Park Ave.  But after all the exploding beasts, plugged legends, un-smokeable centurions, swollen and unravelling beautys etc., many of us have simply given up on Gurkha altogether.
    What he said.  

QC is non existent at Gurkha.  I picture a company with one blender,  200 people in the marketing department who have never smoked a cigar, and rollers who are recruited off the street at 12 cents per hour.
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a box of Swisher Sweets, I guarantee by the end of it you'll never want another stogie.  :smiley:
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a box of Swisher Sweets, I guarantee by the end of it you'll never want another stogie.  :smiley:
    Or Capones  :/
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the Titans every now and then. I don't know if they are like they used to be, but the smoke output was insane.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I bought a sampler of 35 ghurkas in honor of this thread, I'll post my ultimate findings here......
    If I survive
    I would suggest you smoke some of your own product before you attempt to smoke any of them. 
    If you find out you really enjoy them, send me the Opus you picked up for disposal. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Guitarded
    Wake n bake hasn't been the same since I discovered cigars, as for the ghurka, I've read tons of posts about them self destructing, or just unraveling, I'm actually hoping to make a funny vid about it.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
    Remind me NOT to piss off @Sketch6995
    thats a bomb that would bring tears to the eyes!!!!! Lol

Roland
    edited October 2016
    @Rolanddeschain
    Haha mail order WMD?

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a sampler of 35 ghurkas in honor of this thread, I'll post my ultimate findings here......
    If I survive
    You're a better man than I, Gunga Din.....  :#
    I think it's less bravery and more just not knowing any better.  :D

To be honest, there are a few Gurks that I didn't find to be too bad. Except for the occasional construction problem the Centurian perfecto is pretty fair along with a few others that I don't recall right now. 

But ya gotta remember, according to Mr. Hansotia the Centurian was originally blended to be the daily Smoke for the Sultan of Brunei so it had to be good... right?   :p
    I admit, I had a Centurion perfecto that came with my first sampler. I actually enjoyed it and it burned fine. 

Roland
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've still got a Titan rolling around the cooler somewhere. One of these days I'll have to try it and see what all the fuss is about.  :D

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed a Black Ops Rubicon once...but mostly because the band was BA
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But did it explode? 

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
    The Centurian perfecto is one of the few I'll smoke. 

Another is the Park Avenue (but not the maduro version) and only because it's an AJ blend. 
  • EmceeEmcee Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I admit, I had a Centurion perfecto that came with my first sampler. I actually enjoyed it and it burned fine. 
    You know, I was going to same thing, except about the part where mine ran like a fugitive.  Seems like it's a hit or miss.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Paul-- the holiday creativity is lacking. It's the same shizz we see all year, this is supposed to be a special time of year. Many people are buying for the first time, whether it be for family, friends or clients. It isn't special when you open a Gurkha IED.
    edited December 2016
    Firing up a Ghurka Yakuza......

I've actually heard a lot of good things about this cigar.

Fingers crossed

stop the presses....

It's burning a little wonky,  but it's holding together well and very tasty

First 1/3 gone, is still burning a little bit crooked but no big deal, and it almost wants to go out if I don't keep puffing on it it would go out quickly.

Physically the cigar is in perfect shape though and it's still very tasty.

Halfway through and it's just fine.
    This is a very tasty cigar I'm glad I have 4 more.

Post edited by Sketch6995 on

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only smoked two Gurkhas, a Centurian and a Mil Spec. Enjoyed both very much, did not experience the burn issue that Sketch did luckily.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • EmceeEmcee Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    Firing up a Ghurka Yakuza......

I've actually heard a lot of good things about this cigar.

Fingers crossed

stop the presses....

It's burning a little wonky,  but it's holding together well and very tasty

First 1/3 gone, is still burning a little bit crooked but no big deal, and it almost wants to go out if I don't keep puffing on it it would go out quickly.

Physically the cigar is in perfect shape though and it's still very tasty.

Halfway through and it's just fine.
    This is a very tasty cigar I'm glad I have 4 more.

The Gurkha I smoked recently burned beautifully.  The flavor was good, but not in the full body range I'm used to.  Lord help me, I may buy some more.
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My New Years Eve Gurkha was horrible.It was the cognac flavored one. Used a punch, no draw, cutter no draw, ran a BBQ skewer through it and got some but after lighting zero smoke unless i puffed and puffed.  Ended up tossing a cigar the wife paid more than a couple dollars for.  Some may say that 2 out of three aint badand I did enjoy the other two, so will try them again
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5