Home Non Cigar Related

Where does it say?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
That when you get older, you HAVE to act grown up?
Why can't my inner child come out to play any time it damn well pleases?
Why is it wrong? 

If I want to chase the dog and cat around the house with a radio controlled spider, why is that wrong? I think it's funny as hell.

Why is hitting the neighbor cat with a super soaker squirt gun wrong?
He can pee on my porch, I'm just marking my territory too.
I never knew a cat could jump 6' straight up. I do now. LOL!

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• TaraLeeTaraLee Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure there aren't any grown-ups in this household either, if the above mentioned activities are disqualifying!    >:)
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're only as old as you feel, or act, in your case. Never grow up.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My motto: "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a sister who's a jerk-a-holic.  I asked her why she picked these particular guys, "they're fun". 

Until. :(

So, I explained to her, a man's not a man if he doesn't have some little boy left in him, he's just old. 

But, if the little boy is all that's there, he's not willing to get a job, discipline children when needed etc., expects you to pay for all his play.  That's not a man.

So, you're in no danger my friend, let that little boy play. 

You've earned that right, by being a man.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is Optional"

I'm not really sure the original origin of this quote, but a very good friend of mine that has passed on, would say this all the time. There are times when you just need to let the kid come out and play!
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • TaraLeeTaraLee Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    I have a tattoo on my side, my own motto/quote,
    "Always Splash in the Puddles".
     It's my reminder to let my kids be kids, and as an 'grown-up' to embrace the opportunities to have fun and be silly.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Side question: If a guy spends a wad of cash on the dancing ladies at the Boobie Bungalow,.... Is that a childish activity, or a grown-up activity?
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Side question: If a guy spends a wad of cash on the dancing ladies at the Boobie Bungalow,.... Is that a childish activity, or a grown-up activity?
    Since they give away free drinks Tue-Wed 6-8pm I would call that Grown Up.

Why... Cost Effective and she can see that you are serious about savings!

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is Optional"

I'm not really sure the original origin of this quote, but a very good friend of mine that has passed on, would say this all the time. There are times when you just need to let the kid come out and play!
    Your friend must have been a really wise man.  My problem is that some times I have to let the adult out!
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    My motto: "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"

I need to put this on the wall in my office! 

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC