Home Ratings & Reviews

I've finally come across one.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
A cigar that I can't seem to like, besides Acids.
Perdomo Champagne.

I've tried to like this cigar, but it always seems harsh and bitter.
I saw it on the Daily Deal and thought I would pull one from the humi and give it another shot.

Well, I tried.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    0patience said:
    A cigar that I can't seem to like, besides Acids.
    Perdomo Champagne.

I've tried to like this cigar, but it always seems harsh and bitter.
    I saw it on the Daily Deal and thought I would pull one from the humi and give it another shot.

Well, I tried.

So u need some Perdomo Champagnes that don't suck?? 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long have they been in the humi? My dad has some with over a year on them and they are a completely different cigar than ROTT.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

So u need some Perdomo Champagnes that don't suck?? 
    Oh go hide.

MikeTodd said:
    How long have they been in the humi? My dad has some with over a year on them and they are a completely different cigar than ROTT.
    They've been there for quite some time, so probably the problem.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try the larger torpedo and super toro sizes with some age. Really enjoy them. The epicure and figurado sizes I've had also were harsh.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Funny, that's my favorite Perdomo. 

I've tried several, not all, but nothing stood out from any of the Perdomo lines except this.  Oh, well, in a bad way of standing out, I can't stand the Lot 49's or whatever they are(apologies to Thomas Pynchon for associating his writing with these smokes, it's what sticks in my mind.)
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I've tried several different Perdomos (all BOTL gifts) and none has ever stood out to me in any way. 
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The champagne was not the worst perdomo I've had, I have a couple sitting in the humidor from somewhere.

I do think the larger rg's tend to be smoother. The champagne's have that bitter connecticut flavor to me though.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do. Not. Like.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is what I love about cigars.
    The different tastes on cigars and what folks like.
    I find it interesting to see that there is such a wide variety of tastes between folks.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    I find it interesting to see that there is such a wide variety of tastes between folks.

Kind of amazing, isn't it?  I have thought of the Champagne as a cigar that almost everyone would like, no matter their preference.  they're OK, to me, not great but I get them every once in a while.  Too big RG for me, but OK connecticut. 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    0patience said:c

Kind of amazing, isn't it?  I have thought of the Champagne as a cigar that almost everyone would like, no matter their preference.  they're OK, to me, not great but I get them every once in a while.  Too big RG for me, but OK connecticut. 
    Right with ya, Amos. The Champagnes I've smoked were about as non-offensive as it gets...light, smooth and easy. The price was the only turn-off even that wasn't awful. 
    Kipling was a wise man.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very well said Lee :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always have to try anything twice, just to make SURE it hurt the first time lol.

The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.