Home Non Cigar Related

Trump Sucks.

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Well, I've undoubtedly said it before, but I don't think Trump is the perfect candidate. I do think he's the best of what we're being offered. 

With the memory of Harry Truman in the back of my mind, I do like Trump's brashness. I like the fact that he can't be bought. I like that he's supremely confident in himself. And I'm pleased that it appears he's found himself a new and better barber (or stylist, whichever).   :#

All of these are important traits, aren't they??   :p

I think so.  It's about time that someone represented us to the world as winners, and tells them we don't owe them a dam thing, in fact, it's usually the other way around.

I really appreciate Trump's message that "we're out of the Nation-building business." You can't just give our values to other cultures, they have to first want it, then pay for it with blood sweat and tears, like we did. 

For some reason, human nature only appreciates benefits we suffer for.  That which is freely given is despised.  Just ask Jesus.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    As long as we don't point fingers at our forum brothers (and sisters) and tell them how foolish, naive, ignorant, or hateful they are to feel the way they do or vote the way they wish, it ought to be fine,.... right? Supporting your own candidate shouldn't include diminishing the character of your friends who would vote differently, should it?
    Well of course it does, you PC nancy pants eye bag dandelion

https://youtu.be/eGzxLb0drUQ
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

I'm offended!

Stop the planet!  Everybody OFF!

>:)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    webmost said:
    Bob_Luken said:
    As long as we don't point fingers at our forum brothers (and sisters) and tell them how foolish, naive, ignorant, or hateful they are to feel the way they do or vote the way they wish, it ought to be fine,.... right? Supporting your own candidate shouldn't include diminishing the character of your friends who would vote differently, should it?
    Well of course it does, you PC nancy pants eye bag dandelion

"eye bag dandelion" ??? 

PC nancy pants doesn't offend me but that other thing,..?..... I'm just not sure.
    Post edited by Bob_Luken on
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    now thats some funny chit right there
    A little dirt never hurt
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    . And I'm pleased that it appears he's found himself a new and better barber (or stylist, whichever).   :#

All of these are important traits, aren't they??   :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH43zEqzhJE
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    All I can say is if trump which bankrupted too many times in his life! Gets elected I hope he deports me. Yup I'm a citizen but if your claiming bankruptcy that many times and wants to make America great again well really?!?! His business ideas are horrible and he is a bully to the whole of trying to make money! He says he will pay a certain amount for something and then won't pay the person for months after all is done. Then he says well try to sue me or take a massive hit on what's owed. So this is good for our economy?! IMO trump can suck it since out of the three he is the bigger evil for what could be 4 horrible years of crap!
    Money can't buy taste
    In all fairness, there ought to be reported of this:

“Sometimes, in the heat of debate and speaking on a multitude of issues, you don’t choose the right words or you say the wrong thing. I have done that. And believe it or not, I regret it. And I do regret it, particularly where it may have caused personal pain. Too much is at stake for us to be consumed with these issues.” —Donald Trump
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's starting to sound like a politician.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't be long - he'll speak fluent politico.....   :#
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep, trump sure is a terrible guy.... 

let's see..... 
    right now TRUMP is down in louisiana visiting the people affected by the terrible flooding and helping hand out supplies....

what is crooked $hillary doing? 
    well $he made a facebook po$t about the flooding and put in a phone call to louisana's governor to talk about the flooding.

and how about our current president.  wonder what the big O is doing about all this.....oh that's right, he's too busy golfing in martha's vineyard and can't be bothered to leave his vacation early to visit the disaster area. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv said:
    yep, trump sure is a terrible guy.... 

let's see..... 
    right now TRUMP is down in louisiana visiting the people affected by the terrible flooding and helping hand out supplies....

what is crooked $hillary doing? 
    well $he made a facebook po$t about the flooding and put in a phone call to louisana's governor to talk about the flooding.

and how about our current president.  wonder what the big O is doing about all this.....oh that's right, he's too busy golfing in martha's vineyard and can't be bothered to leave his vacation early to visit the disaster area. 
    Yep. They're sure a buncha winners, aren't they?  NOT!!   :#
    Yakster said:
    He's starting to sound like a politician.
    And speaking of which:

https://youtu.be/NzcE0G_OMDA

:p 
    Here's another item that was sent to me by a friend:

God help us if this should happen. READ  BELOW

This is worth thinking  (and worrying) about....

​A little far-fetched, but maybe????​

Something out of the Twilight Zone for your consumption!!!!!! 

I had to take my vehicle to the mechanic the other day for service.  The Service Manager, Pete, gave me a ride home and on the way he told me his theory about the upcoming election and the next four years of U.S. government. 

At first I thought it a bit far fetched, but as I listened to him it began to make sense, scary sense... 

"I believe that Hillary Clinton will win the election in November," Pete began.  "Then, sometime between November and January, Hillary will be indicted.  The IRS is now investigating the Clinton Foundation and the whole e-mail thing isn't over yet." 

"Once under indictment she won't be able to assume the Office of the President in January.  Tim Kaine, who will not actually be the Vice President because neither he nor Hillary have been inaugurated, and cannot assume the Presidency." 

"The Speaker of the House can't move up to it because there is already a sitting President and Vice President, so President Obama, in an Executive Order citing, "emergency situation," gives himself another four years in office is the only way possible." 

Pete, believes Obama has been planning this for a while now, knowing he has enough on Hillary to indict her.  Had the Attorney General indicted her based on evidence from the FBI this plan wouldn't have worked because the DNC would have quickly come up with another candidate. 

If you think about it, it's not that outrageous.  Many people on the left, including the President, want Obama to stay another four years.  The law prohibits him from being re-elected so the only ways he can do it is by declaring martial law and suspending the election (which would be a very negative thing for the country) or to declare himself still President because the elected candidate cannot assume her duties. 

The latter makes more sense and is actually more feasible, and since it's never been done before, it would set a precedent that would be difficult to challenge. 

Of course, if Trump wins the election none of this is going to happen, but what if Pete is correct?  Four more years of Obama and a mostly useless Republican House and Senate would give Obama the time he needs to continue destroying changing the country to fit his stated goals. 

I thanked Pete for the ride home - and for messing up my day.  Now I've got more things to worry about!

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard the same scenario being discussed... 

For the last year and a half it seems like BO is ready to vacate the White House, so I don't think he wants to stay around.  Unless of course he feels his job of ruining the country needs some finishing points.

I also think that somehow, a special election would take place and BO wouldn't get another full term.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    I've been hearing about the martial law scenario for quite a while now, but this is the first time Ive heard this one. 

Either way, BO is such a huge narcissist that I wouldn't be surprised if either possibility came to pass. And either way is d@mned scary. 
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He hasn't tried to declare himself president for life yet...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    edited August 2016
    Wylaff said:
    He hasn't tried to declare himself president for life yet...
    Wouldn't that come after martial law was declared?   :/

I mean, he's already setting up for that part. He's fired most of the best generals - those who would likely oppose him., etc....
    Time to bump this thread up:

Too little?
    Too late?

Well, we're going to need a "Blame Obama" Thread.

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, we're going to need a "Blame Obama" Thread.
    Relax, we are still blaming Bush
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Neither one deserved my vote and neither one got it.
    Trumps promises are already being "walked back".
     to me that's the same as lying to get my vote.
    He has screwed honest people out of their paychecks more than once.
    Hillary is another politician, they're all dishonest.

For me,  the parties pull their clown cars up ( the Republican car usually driven by the evangelists) and all the clowns get out, and I refuse to give my vote to a clown.
     it's just another circus act.
    And 4 years ago every single republican cried about how unfair the Electoral college operates,  but this time they're all for it.
    I guess your opinion depends on whether you win or lose.
    As far as I'm concerned, America already was great, and we are all losers in this one.
    I am not a democrat,  but I am a registered anti-republican.
    I hate to quote anyone, but Jon Stewart hit it on the head when speaking with Chris Christie.
     if you were dying of cancer and you have no insurance .......that is Hurricane Sandy.   quality of healthcare you receive should not depend on the results of your billfold biopsy.   top Quality Health Care should be available to all, without bankrupting your family. 
    Hell, even with top-notch insurance, you can still have your head pushed under the waves.
     it just seems to me that if it's not something they personally need, they call it a handout.
    Back in the thirties there was a major bloodletting in Congress.   there were actual fist fights and challenges of duels, all over social security,  and today we can't imagine a world without it.
     back in the sixties there was another bloodletting over medicare, now we can't imagine a world without it.
    Yes they both need fixed, in order to be incorporated into modern times.  Nothing invented in the 30s, can possibly work in 2016 without some adjustments.

we have to take care of each other.
    And neither side really seems to get that.
    So I wrote Bretts name in lol. 
    And no I'm not kidding.

The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^too many word things thinker man
    Oh, sure. This one's politically incorrect but.. who cares??

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really? Geezus Corist