Home Non Cigar Related

How long before not considered a newbie?

NOGILLS2NOGILLS2 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭

I have been on here for three months now, and I feel I am beginning to figure out how this works. Although I am still learning. I have not reached 500 post yet but I did receive a bomb, still working through that! I have found a few more sticks that I like and looking for more! As a BOTL that reintroduced me to gars said: "I now understand women and shoes!" as we stood in the humidor at his favorite B&M.

1. Found some more cigars that I like, and still looking for more!

2. Have acquired a coolidor, and starting to fill it with new sticks.

3. Have learned the proper way to light a cigar!

4. I have a favorite cutter, Colibri V cutter.

5. I have a favorite lighter, butane triple burner

6. I have met some great people that also enjoy the hobby!

Thank you!

I am a happy man. You have made me very grateful. For this is the very first time that the Crown Jewels have ever been adequately & deliriously praised by an unprejudiced person. Still it is the cigars' own fault that this is so for it is a cigar which excites envy & jealousy in the smoker because he knows & feels the truth of which you have said; that there is no other cigar that is just like it. There are cigars which resemble it but only in appearance, not in spirit & not in the ability to dare & do. There is no other cigar that can make a person want to go away & get by himself & think this life over & wonder if it is altogether worth while. I will send you some more when you get out. Let me know. Any man of fine intelligence who is acquainted with Crown Jewels prizes them above any other gems & saves them & hoards them. I gave Harry Rogers a box two years ago & he has them yet. Let me know when you are out.

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's wrong with being a newb.  I'm still a newb, and am OK with it.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • NOGILLS2NOGILLS2 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with it, just wondering out loud!
    I am a happy man. You have made me very grateful. For this is the very first time that the Crown Jewels have ever been adequately & deliriously praised by an unprejudiced person. Still it is the cigars' own fault that this is so for it is a cigar which excites envy & jealousy in the smoker because he knows & feels the truth of which you have said; that there is no other cigar that is just like it. There are cigars which resemble it but only in appearance, not in spirit & not in the ability to dare & do. There is no other cigar that can make a person want to go away & get by himself & think this life over & wonder if it is altogether worth while. I will send you some more when you get out. Let me know. Any man of fine intelligence who is acquainted with Crown Jewels prizes them above any other gems & saves them & hoards them. I gave Harry Rogers a box two years ago & he has them yet. Let me know when you are out.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I came to this site I had been smoking cigars, on and off, for about 35 years.  I thought I knew a bit about cigars.  Shortly after starting to look into the information available here I figured out I was a newbie, still.  Live and learn.  Don't stop.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    The first cigar I smoked was in 1980 in the Persian Gulf during the Iran Hostage crisis. I have been smoking on and off ever since.... and I am still a newb.. 
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am a perpetual noob & proud of it. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 years minimum the time of a well aged Opus X

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are no longer a newbie when no one gives you crap about being a newb. 
    Not sure I've made it to that point yet.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Hope it's not based on number of post. If so I am ****.
    phucked
    success!!!!
    Love you guys and gals .
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a newb as well. Thank God there is time ahead; lots of cigars (and pipe tobacco) to try yet!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch