Home Non Cigar Related

Baseball and is this true for you?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
A baseball glove is one the few gifts you can give a six year old, 
sixteen year old and sixty year old and have them all equally exited.

It is true for me.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sleep with my gloves.  
    I am hoping to get another from Santa this year.  
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My son is flipping out right now over $5.00 of baseball cards we just bought.  gloves, bats, balls, and cards you can never go wrong if they are into baseball 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baseball gloves were cherished by myself and friends when we were kids.
    I played all of my younger years.  Even after joining the Army, I took 30 days leave and tried out for the Rochester Redwings. Made 3 cuts before they sent me home.
    Used a Bob Feller autograph glove in highschool, sandlot and even when trying out for a triple a team. Wish I still had it today. Thanks for resurrecting some great memories
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diver43 said:
    Baseball gloves were cherished by myself and friends when we were kids.
    I played all of my younger years.  Even after joining the Army, I took 30 days leave and tried out for the Rochester Redwings. Made 3 cuts before they sent me home.
    Used a Bob Feller autograph glove in highschool, sandlot and even when trying out for a triple a team. Wish I still had it today. Thanks for resurrecting some great memories
    Thank you for sharing that.
    Check your PM, cause your story is uncannily familiar.

It has been said through the generations, that there is nothing like the smell of the baseball glove.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • GoCardsGoCards Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    Some of the most fun I've had the last few years was helping coach my son's little league team.  Seeing the kids go from running toward third base after hitting the ball off the tee to understanding where to play when the ball is hit has been neat.  I probably have as much fun as they do just watching and teaching.  It's a great game.

I retired my old glove and we got new ones together when he graduated from the beginner glove to his first "real glove"  That was a fun day.
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first real glove was a Rawlings Billy Williams signature fastback. Had it for over 20 years. It made a distinct pop when a ball hit the pocket. I was coaching a women's softball team when it was stolen by the opposing team from the dugout. I still get pissed when I think about it. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ Lefty
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @danielzreyes I remember the craze a little while back of wetting down the wrapper on an uncut cigar before smoking. Is nokona on the wrapper now the latest thing? 
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch