Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

January Lottery

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you beat tomorrow? Is there any day better? 

Amazon has been working overtime. UPS made a bundle offa us. USPS is trying so hard to catch up that, seven a.m. yesterday, I'm throwing a leg over my Indian Scout, a mail truck brakes to a halt, mailman jumps out and hands me two packages -- one is a last minute gift to the wife from me and the other is a gift to me from her. Our grandchildren and great-grandchildren in Utah and Idaho are gonna be squealing delight. We already hid presents at the grandchildren's house across town, where we're toting more tomorrow morning. Thence to another daughter's house for Christmas ham. Nana is baking crab quiche for the first and peanut butter pie for the other. Decorated gift bags stacked on the dining room table. Months of thought goes into giving. Hell, Bearswatter has a gift for me hidden at the morning house she's been plotting since July. A month of wages goes into this, too. Know what? It's worth the happy.

Part of the happy is, we're all toting these pocket phones these days, everyone has one, and they have great cameras in them. The youngest grand-daughter, her father bought her a kitten, and hired a couple of elves to deliver this critter to the house tomorrow morning. Yep. Picture that love. There's gonna be some lens clicking. First grader Abbey in jammies on the couch kissing her new baby kitten, two front teeth missing, ear to ear to ear. Yep. Delightful.

Next? Next, these pics get twitted and facebooked all over the innerwebs. Abbey's kitten pic goes to Idaho and Ollie's truck pic comes to Dull-Aware.

Which leads to my idea: Click a pic of your delighted tot or grand tot or great grand tot grinning from ear to ear with their fave new present, and post it here next week. That's your lottery entry. I'll number entries in order they come in and draw a random number on the 1st. That random number wins the lottery.

But that's not all. There are other prizes.

First, the picture makes me happiest gets a tenner from me. I'm thinking five premiums and five home rolled.

Second, if there's anyone who wants to enter the lottery, but who can't scare up a happy tot pic to post, and maybe isn't enterprising enough to google one up like I did above and claim it for himself, just tell us why. The lamest or most pathetic excuse gets a fiver from me. Doesn't have to be true. Just lame.

Meanwhile...

Merry Christmas. 

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea. Sounds like fun
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear Davis, you are not a normal dude, what a great idea. I used to get in on this lottery and then it occurred to me, what the hell am I going to do with all those cigars, but I have played for other people and may do so again
    A little dirt never hurt
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I'm glad I have the reigns over. This should be fun.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas and Happy Howlidays!!!!!!
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    That look on his face is priceless! 
    When Eli outgrows that shirt maybe you can make DZR some socktillery. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far, I'm lookin at:

@WaterNerd (who appears to have googled his pic)

Did you three intend to get in without a pic? Or just leaving a comment?
    @Bigshizza (who appears to have implied a lame excuse)

Me, I didn't get any pics. Came down with a raging sinusitis on Saturday and figured I'd better keep my germ to myself on Sunday. So everyone opened without me. Guess that's my pathetic excuse. Now it's all pills, pills, pills.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just commenting, suppose to see my son today as he has been sick, will see if I can get a good pic 
    A little dirt never hurt
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a dumb@ss comment from me. I don't have kids and too lazy to look for a cute picture. Thank you for checking. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza said:
    Great shots! Makes me miss little kids this time of year... rest of the year, not so much. Lol
    Your welcome to come by me next year and see my nephews, I'm sure you will change your mind.  My daughter on the other hand is an angel, so she will probable restore your thoughts on kids.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    What did she get for Christmas? 

edited December 2016

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both kids are grown and living out of state. Was just me and wifey this year, very very quiet Christmas for us.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    She got Bacon treats and a box of peanut butter treats. Ohhhh and her **** glands expressed!!
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky girl :wink:
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Bigshizza said:
    webmost said:
    She got Bacon treats and a box of peanut butter treats. Ohhhh and her **** glands expressed!!

... so many dirty jokes, so little time ...

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My girls opening gifts on Christmas Morning. My parents got a cabin in the Sierras for the family to go play in the snow for christmas so they got snow clothes. I got a Griswold moose mug for my spiked egg nog.
    What part of the Sierra's are you in?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • SmoothsticksSmoothsticks Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We were at huntington lake by Shaver Lake east of Fresno, CA. Had a great trip. Went snowboarding for the first time in 10 years. My body definitely wasn't used to that!
    So here we are at the last minute, and we've got:

@Rolanddeschain@cbuck @genareddog;@Wylaff @WaterNerd @Albinfk@Yakster@avengethis@Devildog1 @Skel@Smoothsticks

Anyone else want in, you got until midnight. Here at the last minute, if you want in, just post "in"