Home General Discussion

What in the world.....??

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
Whatinhell have they done to the forum site this time??  It looks like they're using it to train a bunch of apprentice hackers. 

C'mon, guys. Couldja just put it back like it was yesterday and quit foolin' around with it??

Thanks..   I think... 

Comments

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Thought it was just me. Good to know someone else sees it too.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mikey no likey.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno what it looks like to folks on their PC but on my iPhone it's a mess. I can log in only about one try out of four or five and when I do the format seems to have been all jumbled about. 

It's a genuine mess - spelled M E J S, mess....

I'd be embarrassed to have any newcomers see it looking like this and I certainly hope they can get it fixed soon....  :#
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking they have some maintenance going on. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kept hitting refresh thinking it was my phone browser messing up. 
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought it was my new tablet.   But, it is free, so I guess they their testing on us
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    I'm thinking they have some maintenance going on. 
    Agree. Just looking at the lack of anything in the header I'd guess it's temporary.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really WHITE!
    What's the word I'm looking for, that's it. UGLY
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just checked the board to see if it was an issue. This is driving me nuts. 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I HOPE that this is temporary, but the trend in website design today is to give it a really washed out, hard to read look that drives me crazy.  Why does everything have to be so hard to read to be stylish?

There's some browser plugins you can use to change the font and style of a site to help make it readable again.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How odd!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    How odd!
    Hey, Warren, How about using your influence to get the techies at C.Com off the stick and onto the job?  This website is a mess..

I can't even log on via my iPhone - I've had to come to my laptop to post this..I can see the pages on my iPhone but can't open any of the discussions....  HELP!!
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    It's really WHITE!
    Trump has to be behind it
    A little dirt never hurt
    dirtdude said:
    0patience said:
    It's really WHITE!
    LOL!
    It's racist! 
    Shame on them.  :D
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Did they tie the forum to Fakebook or tweeter?
    WTF is a Banter? And why is someone posting something about CI?
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Great question
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    0patience said:
    It's really WHITE!
    Not sure about that... forum looks so white that you can't rule out a certain person wiped it with bleachbit and a cloth.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just downloaded the Google Chrome extension High Contrast to help read the forum, but it won't help me on my mobile devices.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    0patience said:
    It's really WHITE!
    "We're going to build a new forum, it's gonna be the best forum.....you won't believe it."
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    They're refugees:) (I'm really trying to NOT make this a parallel but it keeps happening) lol
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, guys, chill. It's not as easy as "Okay gimme a sec... there, try it now" any more. You got pointers to pointers and verbosity to the max any more. Lose a pointer to a css file, and it may take some time to run down what's not up. I've been sitting in this chair hacking thru a list of busted features on a client's site since five a.m. All sounds easy until you have to deal with it. It's the same as cars. Used to be, you'd lift the hood, climb in and set on the wheel well, set your beer on the firewall, and get to work. Turn the distributor right and left until she sounded sweet. Not no more.

The overall trend in software of any kind has always been galloping featuritis. Up the complexity until it falls on its face. At this point, most every face has got the rug burn.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    Hey, guys, chill. It's not as easy as "Okay gimme a sec... there, try it now" any more. You got pointers to pointers and verbosity to the max any more. Lose a pointer to a css file, and it may take some time to run down what's not up. I've been sitting in this chair hacking thru a list of busted features on a client's site since five a.m. All sounds easy until you have to deal with it. It's the same as cars. Used to be, you'd lift the hood, climb in and set on the wheel well, set your beer on the firewall, and get to work. Turn the distributor right and left until she sounded sweet. Not no more.

The overall trend in software of any kind has always been galloping featuritis. Up the complexity until it falls on its face. At this point, most every face has got the rug burn.
    Or at least I feel dumb about interweb things after reading that.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forum's back.  But that still won't take care of the refugees.  The un-vetted refugees, I should say.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better.

Whew!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    edited February 2017
    Well, as they say in China, HARARUYAH!!  

Thank you, thank you, thank you.....   :#

Now please, you techies, give us a little warning when you plan to pull this s h I t again, okay??   >:)
    edited February 2017
    Ok, it's back for me now. LOL!
    Post edited by 0patience on
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were working on the server for the main site I'm sure.
    Routine maintenance
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
    Mebbe so, but they could have had the courtesy to let us know beforehand. We are, after all, kind of a captive market, n'est ce pas?
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All back to normal...except for the unvetted refugees, @Bob_Luken has locked them in their room but I am afraid they might get out and wander around. What if they find out about the bombs.....or worse, have their own? Without proper vetting we could end up with members from the "Bum of the Week" thread.

Probably said too much already, Homeland Security will be knocking on the door before nightfall
    A little dirt never hurt