Home Non Cigar Related

Dog medication question,

twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey Brothers, Hope this post finds you all doing well . I know there are many dog owners here , My question concerns buying dog medication online , My buddy Gus got pretty sick a few weeks ago so we took him to the Vet, Gus has been diagnosed with congenital heart failure , we started him on 3 medications to treat it, He is doing very well on these meds and is almost back to his old self. my question is about buying his meds online witch would be considerable cheaper, Wondering if any of you have experience with online pet med companies . Any info would be appreciated!!!
Thank You
Vance  
no matter where you go, there you are.

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We buy from petmeds.
    When you make the order for the meds, it asks your vet's/clinic's name and submits a prescription request to them.

It takes a bit to process the prescription and if your vet is a d i c k, then you might have to pay them to write out the prescription and call them with how to get it to them.
    We had one vet who was like that and we no longer go to that vet. LOL!

Nexgard is the medication we get from them.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a copy of the online pet meds price to your vet. Tell him/her that if they match the lower cost you will get it from them.

We have been using 1-800-petmeds for years and never had a problem.
    We also signed up for PetMd's news letter. Always useful information, especially the recall lists. 
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Brothers, Hope this post finds you all doing well . I know there are many dog owners here , My question concerns buying dog medication online , My buddy Gus got pretty sick a few weeks ago so we took him to the Vet, Gus has been diagnosed with congenital heart failure , we started him on 3 medications to treat it, He is doing very well on these meds and is almost back to his old self. my question is about buying his meds online witch would be considerable cheaper, Wondering if any of you have experience with online pet med companies . Any info would be appreciated!!!
    Thank You
    Vance  
    If you have a Costco nearby....check with their pharmacy and see if you can order the dog's medications through them. 
    We save 50% on our dog's arthritis injection by ordering it through Costco vs our Vet. 

Also, if you pay with Costco's Visa card they will immediately notify you of any product recalls by email and mail.

Sorry to hear about Gus' condition, but that's good to hear the medication is helping him feeling better. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not being a dog owner myself, I haven't really looked into it but I have seen articles regarding medical marijuana for dogs ( and probably other animals) now being available. Some googling could probably provide more info on the subject....
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    Thank You
    Vance  
    If you have a Costco nearby....check with their pharmacy and see if you can order the dog's medications through them. 
    We save 50% on our dog's arthritis injection by ordering it through Costco vs our Vet. 

Also, if you pay with Costco's Visa card they will immediately notify you of any product recalls by email and mail.

Sorry to hear about Gus' condition, but that's good to hear the medication is helping him feeling better. 
    I will look into that thank you very much.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Not being a dog owner myself, I haven't really looked into it but I have seen articles regarding medical marijuana for dogs ( and probably other animals) now being available. Some googling could probably provide more info on the subject....
    Just ask @Sketch6995 for some samples!
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet meds sold online are usually sub standard.  They have failed the quality control for any number of reasons, and it's just a bad idea, like buying meds from mexico.

Dogs do not react well to marijuana. They tend to panic, because they don't understand what's happening.
    I had a Rottweiler that ate a couple ounces once.  I didn't realize his previous owner was feeding him stems and seeds.
    It gave him an appetite for marijuana LOL.
    I call it, a predisposition for an appetite.
    I don't recommend it for dogs.
    But if you want some samples for yourself, come and see me.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, now you've piqued my curiosity. I just did one quick google for 'mmj for dogs' and found a ton of info available - most of it positive. 

If the topic interests you or you have a pet that's aging, ailing, etc., I suggest you google it for yourself. There's some pretty interesting reading to be had.....   B)