Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Yak's 1 Year Pass-a-Lot

YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in Trades, Passes and Bombs
I've been thinking of starting a pass with a twist for a bit and noticed I just got my 1 year badge so I figured now's the time.  This is to show my appreciation to all the good BoTL and SoTL here that have made this forum my virtual home.  My idea is to start out a pass with a twist, we get members to sign up for the pass and once the pass roster has been set I'll do a random draw for the member that gets it last keeps it.  Sort of like a progressive bomb but with the normal takes and puts of a pass.  Also I don't have to rebuild my mailbox.   :D

I haven't decided on a box limit, I know that the box for @90+_Irishman's pass got pretty big towards the end, we could cap this at a small or medium FRB (even allowing stuffing 2 small FRBs in a padded flat rate envelope), but I'd like some feedback from the participants on this, since they'll be paying the freight.  Too keep this manageable, I'd also like to cap this at a max of 15 - 20 members.  I'll collect the addresses of the members on the Pass-a-Lot and set the pass order once the random draw has taken place.  Unlike other lotteries, you can't play for someone else, you're taking the hit.   B)

Put in the same number you take and keep the same quality, if you're not sure, post here or send me a message for clarification.  Post a picture showing your takes and puts.  Keep the pass moving, if you're going to be out of town, let us know and we can see what we can do to re-arrange the order to include you in the pass.

This Pass-a-Lot(tery) will be open to members on the good trader's list.  I know that we've got a lot of good CI members join us, my kind of people from what I can tell and, and I'd like to give them the opportunity to participate so I'll accept them into the pass contingent on a newbie trade being completed before the pass starts, if they're not already on the list. 

Here's some excerpts from the ETIQUETTE - TRADES, PASSES, BOMBS, ETC. thread that may be helpful:

Definitions: 
Cigar Bombs - An unsolicited gift of cigars (or cigar stuff) sent via the mail from a Sibling of the Leaf.

Trade - Pretty self explanatory but it is where two BOTLs engage in a swap of cigars with details worked out beforehand.

Pass - When a group of cigars are packaged up and sent to another BOTL with the intention that that BOTL will take a predetermined number of cigars out and replace them with cigars of equal value.

PIF - Pay It Forward- A game where you agree to be someone's "mooch" and accept a package of cigars from them. After agreeing to be their mooch you then post asking who wants to be your mooch and you in turn send a package of cigars to this person... If you have any questions about the rules feel free to PM a senior member who will give you the rules and inside scoop.

Some Guidelines:
1. It's the thought that counts. Do not be offended at the contents or value of the contents in a package you receive.

2. Games, PIFs or Bombing someone is not the way to get rid of your Swisher Sweets. Use the Golden Rule. Give unto others what you would hope they would give to you.

4. Acknowledge when you receive a package. The sender loves to see that happy reaction. Be aware that some people may wish that their package's contents remain classified. Ask before posting any details if you think the person may want the contents kept under-wraps.

8. Don't use the N-word (Newbie) to describe people who have just started smoking cigars. We were all there at one point. If you are a member of cigar.com you are a Sibling of the Leaf no matter what your experience level.

9. Send what you can. When participating in a game or when bombing someone send what you can. Be aware of rules, i.e. 3 cigar minimum for the PIF, but feel free to send more. However, don't feel guilty if you can only send 3. Everyone else knows the rules and shouldn't be expecting more than the minimum.

10. Pass Participation. If you agree to participate, follow through! Do not agree to participate in a pass and then when it gets to you bail out for any reason. If you don't like the cigars in the pass, buck up princess, thats how it goes sometimes, find the ones you hate the least or that you could give to someoneone you know will like them. If the cigars are too high end for you collection check with the other members of the pass to see how to go about this. It may have been that someone was trying to be generous and it will be ok if you do the best you can to match. However, pay attention to the value of a pass before you agree to be involved.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
Tagged:

Comments

• SmoothsticksSmoothsticks Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be in your pass!!!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in Chris, I would say start with a medium flat rate and just stick with that size all the way through. Congrats on 1 year and glad to celebrate with you!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will play Chris!
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in please.
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's do this thing.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In please!
  • Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in brother!
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too!
    I want in too please.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In please. Great concept Chris! 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea Chris
    A little dirt never hurt
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

I din't read all that stuff you wrote. But I'm IN!

2jfg08hgif
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In please.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the responses, here's who I have so far.  Not sure if Randy is in or not, @dirtdude?

1.  Smoothsticks
    2.  90+_Irishman
    3.  Patrickbrick
    4.  Rolanddeschain
    5.  Wylaff
    6.  WaterNerd
    7.  genareddog
    8.  Jay6
    9.  Sketch6995
    10. Guitarded
    11. dirtdude?
    12. Skel
    13. Bob_Luken
    14. Albinfk

Revised list, @dirtdude has to sit this one out.

1.  Smoothsticks
    2.  90+_Irishman
    3.  Patrickbrick
    4.  Rolanddeschain
    5.  Wylaff
    6.  WaterNerd
    7.  genareddog
    8.  Jay6
    9.  Sketch6995
    10. Guitarded
    11. Skel
    12. Bob_Luken
    13. Albinfk

• Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooooo
    I'm gonna destroy that box 
    Bwahahahahaha
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm near the end. Good. That will give me plenty of time to read all the rules. And, give the others plenty of time to break 'em. 
    Adding @arch72 to the pass, I'll leave this open for other sign-ups before doing the draw and setting the pass order. Please send me your address so I can set the order and make out the list. 

• NOGILLS2NOGILLS2 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Is it too late to get in on this? If not I would like to be added!
    I am a happy man. You have made me very grateful. For this is the very first time that the Crown Jewels have ever been adequately & deliriously praised by an unprejudiced person. Still it is the cigars' own fault that this is so for it is a cigar which excites envy & jealousy in the smoker because he knows & feels the truth of which you have said; that there is no other cigar that is just like it. There are cigars which resemble it but only in appearance, not in spirit & not in the ability to dare & do. There is no other cigar that can make a person want to go away & get by himself & think this life over & wonder if it is altogether worth while. I will send you some more when you get out. Let me know. Any man of fine intelligence who is acquainted with Crown Jewels prizes them above any other gems & saves them & hoards them. I gave Harry Rogers a box two years ago & he has them yet. Let me know when you are out.
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Add me in if this pass is still open.  Would love participate 
    @NOGILLS2, @edelrionyc, you're in the pass.  Welcome.

I'm waiting on some addresses, I sent out PMs to those that I need addresses from still, then I'll do the lottery, set the pass order, and get this party started.

• NOGILLS2NOGILLS2 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for accepting me in this, I am excited!
    I am a happy man. You have made me very grateful. For this is the very first time that the Crown Jewels have ever been adequately & deliriously praised by an unprejudiced person. Still it is the cigars' own fault that this is so for it is a cigar which excites envy & jealousy in the smoker because he knows & feels the truth of which you have said; that there is no other cigar that is just like it. There are cigars which resemble it but only in appearance, not in spirit & not in the ability to dare & do. There is no other cigar that can make a person want to go away & get by himself & think this life over & wonder if it is altogether worth while. I will send you some more when you get out. Let me know. Any man of fine intelligence who is acquainted with Crown Jewels prizes them above any other gems & saves them & hoards them. I gave Harry Rogers a box two years ago & he has them yet. Let me know when you are out.
    Ok, I've closed this out and given everyone a number based on signup order and went to Random.org for a winner, and the winner is... #6, @WaterNerd, congratulations Allan.

I'll post a list of the Pass-a-Lot order next and get the pass prepped to be shipped out this week.

• AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Allan 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Allan's been on a real winning streak lately.

• Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! Congrats Allan!!!
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Image result for oil up
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the pass, Chris. If Allan did not get a new cooler you better!