Home Non Cigar Related

Visitor pilfering our blueberries.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
This guy just wanders into our yard and starts nibbling on our blueberries. Evidently, the buds are tasty to them.

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• cigarbreathcigarbreath Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    This guy just wanders into our yard and starts nibbling on our blueberries. Evidently, the buds are tasty to them.

Our bud pilferer is a definitely overweight ground hog.  Try putting moth balls around your plants.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ain't no better eatin' than elk. Once you've tried it you'll throw rocks at Beef.....  B)
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I told Missy we could bring him in for dinner, but we have half a freezer of elk and venison.
    The concern is that if the herd comes in, they will destroy things like you wouldn't believe. 
    One elk is tolerable, but a whole herd will turn your yard to mud in no time.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might try cutting up some Irish spring soap and placing it in the beds. I heard that works pretty well.
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try planting dill or mint, they dont like it much and if they have to go through it to get to the tasty stuff they will move on.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    Try planting dill or mint, they dont like it much and if they have to go through it to get to the tasty stuff they will move on.
    We have spearmint and peppermint planted through the planters.
    It seems they've grown accustomed to it.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    I told Missy we could bring him in for dinner, but we have half a freezer of elk and venison.
    The concern is that if the herd comes in, they will destroy things like you wouldn't believe. 
    One elk is tolerable, but a whole herd will turn your yard to mud in no time.

Start killing them as they show up and the problem is solved.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know what it is about elk, would just as soon walk through an electric fence as jump over it. Used to hate coming home after a night shift and fix fence before getting a nap. 30 of them would eat a months horse hay in one night
    A little dirt never hurt
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Here you go https://www.predatorpeestore.com
    I hear that bear urine works wonders

No wait the wolf urines what you want for the elk, moose, and bears and everything else.

WARNING! Might attract wolfs! I am not responsible if you attract a wolf and it attacks you!
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
    TX98Z28 said:
    Here you go https://www.predatorpeestore.com
    I hear that bear urine works wonders

No wait the wolf urines what you want for the elk, moose, and bears and everything else.

WARNING! Might attract wolfs! I am not responsible if you attract a wolf and it attacks you!
    We don't have a problem with wolves.
    Cougars, that's a different story.
    Last summer, it was great. A cougar was running the woods behind us and we didn't see any little dogs running all over crapping in our yard.
    Now, we just tell the neighbors that the cougar is back. 
    No little yappy dogs running wild.

Funny thing is, the cougar never bothers my house.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @0patience I'd buy that wolf urine and spray it around your property to keep the elk away, it's got to do something has a 200% money back guarantee on it. If all else fails Mossberg with magnum 00buck or hollow point slug will do the job, I don't think it would be legal though but I don't know the game laws up there in Oregon.

I could use that cougar down here…next door neighbor has 5 yappy, barking little rats and all they do is that, they bark none stop and are so dumb they will bark at literally nothing! His yard is full of weeds to so that also pisses me off!  
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.