Home Non Cigar Related

And the package is handed off

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
10 days to go across country and UPS hands off to the post office to take the blame for a trashed package, how do like that crap?
The mail person apologized for the condition of the package and I told her I know who to blame and it's not the post office.

I sometimes wonder if UPS plays soccer with packages. Thinking my package must have been the game winning goal. LOL!

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See??  That's what I said. It's like a badge of honor to the Ooops guys to never deliver an undamaged package. 

I hate them bastidges......  >:)
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPS does not count the weekends as days, so it only took 8 days.  Not a fan of UPS either!
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little dirt never hurt
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    UPS Moto

We're not happy until you're not happy! 
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is a serious question (i'm not trying to come off like an a$$)..... 

but if you guys dislike UPS so much:
    1) why not select the "USPS Priority Mail" option when buying from the big sites like CCOM
    2) or buy from a different site that only uses USPS Prioirity Mail

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:

1) why not select the "USPS Priority Mail" option when buying from the big sites like CCOM
    Not all of them give you the option of choosing and the other reason is quite simply money. More often than not, choosing anything other than their standard shipping, comes at a premium.

More often than not, the economy shipping or "free" shipping is already checked and myself, I don't always think about it.

Even when emailing them, I rarely ever think to remember to ask for priority mail.

As for finding a site that only uses USPS, is there any? I don't know of any. Most seem to go back and forth between USPS and UPS.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    jgibv said:

Not all of them give you the option of choosing and the other reason is quite simply money. More often than not, choosing anything other than their standard shipping, comes at a premium.

More often than not, the economy shipping or "free" shipping is already checked and myself, I don't always think about it.

Even when emailing them, I rarely ever think to remember to ask for priority mail.

As for finding a site that only uses USPS, is there any? I don't know of any. Most seem to go back and forth between USPS and UPS.
    fair enough.  yes i hate that it "defaults" to the ups/usps combo free shipping option. 

if anything i wish they'd default to Priority Mail, and if you choose the "cheaper" option they'd give you a discount or something. 

and yes there is 1 site that i know of which offers free USPS priority shipping with every order.  pm inbound

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to be the luckiest guy in the world.  Up North and down here, I have never had UPS wreck a package for me.  In fact, I ask for UPS because what happens is that they UPS to the Post Office and they deliver it.  For me, that always takes an extra day.

Of course, if my next order comes damaged, I'm going to blame all you guys!
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    only time it happened to me, the UPS driver handed me a box that had been damaged, it had an order of $5000 worth of 1/4" gold balls in it, I opened it before he left and there was obviously a problem, went back with him to the truck and noticed there were little $25 gold beads glittering in the lawn.... The shipper was not happy. I did get to inspect his truck and we recovered all but 50 of them.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Golden balls @silvermouse, has a certain ring to it.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )