Home General Discussion

Cigar Lounges in London or Paris

skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone ever been to a cigar lounge/bar in either London or Paris?  I am going there for 8 days with the wifey on April 2. Just curious if you'll have had good or bad experiences and/or what to expect. Looking forward to this vacation!
How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          

Comments

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    The iconic place to go in London would be J.J. Fox - tobacconist to Winston Churchill - and they had their upstairs smoking lounge grandfathered in when nearly everybody else got shut down. Another place that I've been dying to go to, however, is the Wellesley Hotel (it wasn't open yet the last time I was in London, unfortunately). Though a hotel, it was built to be a cigar haven, and they like to boast that they have the largest humidor in London. Their biggest suites come stocked with bespoke humidors, and they have an ultra-posh cigar terrace. 

As far as Paris goes, I didn't have much luck myself - I made only a very quick dash into a LCDH near the Louvre, and was remarkably turned off by their lack of customer service and attitude. If you find somewhere to enjoy though, definitely let me know - Paris is on the return list.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darriin = ultra posh, not sure on that one
    A little dirt never hurt
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks gents. I can assure you that a box or two of cc will be rescued and coming to America. LOL. "I have nothing to declare"

Looking forward to getting out there!
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    Darriin = ultra posh, not sure on that one
    Whadda mean?  I invented the term. :D