Home Non Cigar Related
Options

What kind of car do you drive?

denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
Just curious what kind of car do you drive. I work with cars daily, love cars, and my hobbies revolve around cars. I used to be an Install Manager for a decent size retailer and have worked in some facet of the auto industry since getting out of High School. So yeah, list up your car, and if you are into modifiying your car, list that stuff up as well.

Comments

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    95 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Modest 3" lift and 30" tires. It's been slowly dying on me so I'm going to need a new car soon. I really want to get an Audi Allroad. Those things are sexy.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    If I was into modifying cars, I've got a good one to do it with. I drive a 2003 Honda Civic Coupe with the faster engine. Manual, of course. I'll trade her in this spring, though. Can't be driving a two-door when the baby comes.
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    My personal car is a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT2. My work car is a 2009 Ford CVPI.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I drive a 2001 Toyota Tundra (and no, my brake pedal isn't sticking!)

I am really into off-roading with it so I am part of another forum full of other Toyota fanatics. I have it lifted about 2 inches all around with coilovers and new leaf pack, 33's, a rear differential locker along with a couple of beefy skid plates and rock sliders. It has right around 104K on it and is it still running great. I try my best to treat it well and it returns the favor. Also when stuff does go wrong I know how to fix it ;-)
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I have a blacked out '98 VW Jetta GLX Vr6 with an after market intake, all leather interior, power everything, and a sun/moon roof. Yes that is a V-6 engine inside my luxurious ride. But it's going to be my spare car for next year when I invest in a new ride of actual luxury quality, luxury to me at least. For now, I have good gas mileage and dependability.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I have a 2006 Pontiac Persuit. It's the 'Daily driver'. I also have a 2000 Chev Blazer. It's my 'Recreational Vehicle'. It gets me out fishing/camping/hunting and the 4 wheel drive comes in handy to get me back home. It rides better with a weeks worth of camping gear in it and a canoe on top.

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    2006 caddy esc
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I used to modify my daily driver. I had a 93 Toyota MR-2 Turbo putting 310hp to the tires. I've since grown up. I drive a 2004 Ford Ranger(I bought it to lower it and just haven't got around to it) and bought the wife a new Mazda 3 GT. HOWEVER, out in the shop is a tube chasis 1974 Corvette putting 900hp to the tires running low 5's in the 1/8 mile. Smile [:)]
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    1998 Chevy Crapiler.

Metal hanger's and heavy gauge speaker wire supporting the exhaust system.
    No breaks left.
    Something seriously wrong with the anti lock breaking system anyways...
    Leaky water pump
    ....... i could keep going.....
    lol.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    i forgot to mention what i drive. 08 Expedition EL and a 93 454 SS truck. i used to own only German stuff and will probably be headed back that way. vdubbin for life as they say
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback.
    The only modding I've done is putting in one of those tube lights under the drivers seat... Thinking about getting new rims and a system for the summer time.
  • Options
    2009 F-150 King Ranch SuperCrew. Oxford White, totally loaded out. It was my dream vehicle, and I bought it.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    2000 Pontiac Sunfire LE Coupe...180k miles since I got it with 7 miles on it in 2001.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I drive a 2007 Suzuki SX4. My wife calls it the "Uglymobile." I bought it because I live in Ithaca and teach in Syracuse 2 days a week. I travel part of the way on I-81, which has some really bad snowy stretches.

This vehicle is front wheel drive, with a selection for automatic 4 wheel or 4 wheel fixed. I have had to use it a few times going back and forth to school and it has helped. I bought it new in October of 2006 and have just under 80,000 miles on it.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    2009 F-250 Superduty. 6.8L V-10. imageimageimage Bump the gas price. I love the go pedal!
  • Options
    nudienudie Posts: 112
    08' Prius... spending my gas money on sticks!!
  • Options
    badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    08 Chev Impala
  • Options
    my ride is a 2002 Lincoln LS, and a 96 chevy s10
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I drive an '06 Chevy Tahoe LS with 4 wheel drive. Had a Toyota Tacoma before and hated it, I felt all cramped inside...it ate up less gas, but I'm way more comfortable in the Tahoe, not to mention I can put all my tools in the back and still have room to carry 4 people.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    nudie:
    You getting it looked at? word is there's a software issue.

I have a 01 durango. I like it, done a a lot of mods on it too.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Right now, I drive a 2001 Pontiac Grand p.o.s... My mother's had it for the past 3 years (I got a company car right after I bought it), and tore it to sh*t. Lost my company car, and had an excellent 1990 Lexus LS400 for 2009 that only had 130,000 miles on it (yeah, that's 6500 a year). I kept it in perfect shape, and loved it to death...till the starter crapped out, and not having the $800 to fix it nor the mechanical abilities to do it myself I gave IT to my mom and took my Grand Am back..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    well i only drive my One-77 on the weekends so my everyday car is an 88 f150 :)
  • Options
    badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    nudie:

You should ask Jeff Dunham and "Peanut" what he thinks of his wifes Baby Blue Prius

• Options
    badge54fd:
    nudie:

You should ask Jeff Dunham and "Peanut" what he thinks of his wifes Baby Blue Prius

"iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimm gay." "I used to pick priuses out of the grill in my hummer" hahahaha I LOVE jeff dunham
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    badge54fd:
    nudie:

"iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimm gay." "I used to pick priuses out of the grill in my hummer" hahahaha I LOVE jeff dunham
    That dude is hilarious!
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I have a 1994 Cutlass Sierra Olds with.......wait for it...... 40,000k miles in it!!!

We just bought a 2009 Subaru impreza outback sport that is the absolute best can I have ever driven.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    LOL you WISH! That car is so effin sexy...it makes me giggity lol. I'm a bigger fanboy for Aston Martin than I am for Rocky Patel (and that's sayin somethin!)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    05 subaru impreza. i love it so much. i cant wait to buy another one in a year or two.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Goldy:
    I have a 1994 Cutlass Sierra Olds with.......wait for it...... 40,000k miles in it!!!

We just bought a 2009 Subaru impreza outback sport that is the absolute best can I have ever driven.
    that subaru AWD cannot be beat.
  • Options
    Hays:
    Alex Williams:
    LOL you WISH! That car is so effin sexy...it makes me giggity lol. I'm a bigger fanboy for Aston Martin than I am for Rocky Patel (and that's sayin somethin!)
    your damn right i wish! one day, im gonna own an aston martin. cant wait to shove it in my brothers face cause he said i was stupid for ever thinkin i could haha. i LOVE aston martins more than i love gurkha (and thats sayin somethin!)