Options

What kind of car do you drive?

Comments

• Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    Hays:
    Alex Williams:
    well i only drive my One-77 on the weekends so my everyday car is an 88 f150 :)
    LOL you WISH! That car is so effin sexy...it makes me giggity lol. I'm a bigger fanboy for Aston Martin than I am for Rocky Patel (and that's sayin somethin!)
    your damn right i wish! one day, im gonna own an aston martin. cant wait to shove it in my brothers face cause he said i was stupid for ever thinkin i could haha. i LOVE aston martins more than i love gurkha (and thats sayin somethin!)
    Don't ever let somebody shoot you down bro. I've noticed a lot of people are quick to shoot down dreams because they don't realize how actually attainable that dream might be. I plan on owning an Aston Martin as well, and will within the decade. It may not be a brand new one, but if it's a choice between a new Mercedes or a used Aston Martin, I'd gladly take the Aston.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Hays:
    Alex Williams:
    Hays:
    Alex Williams:
    LOL you WISH! That car is so effin sexy...it makes me giggity lol. I'm a bigger fanboy for Aston Martin than I am for Rocky Patel (and that's sayin somethin!)
    your damn right i wish! one day, im gonna own an aston martin. cant wait to shove it in my brothers face cause he said i was stupid for ever thinkin i could haha. i LOVE aston martins more than i love gurkha (and thats sayin somethin!)
    Don't ever let somebody shoot you down bro. I've noticed a lot of people are quick to shoot down dreams because they don't realize how actually attainable that dream might be. I plan on owning an Aston Martin as well, and will within the decade. It may not be a brand new one, but if it's a choice between a new Mercedes or a used Aston Martin, I'd gladly take the Aston.
    and a good choice that is! we can start a ccom bacon connosieurs and aston martin owners club. we can meet up for a weekend for a megaherf/ road trip/ meeting of awesomeness haha.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    Hays:
    Alex Williams:
    Hays:
    Alex Williams:
    and a good choice that is! we can start a ccom bacon connosieurs and aston martin owners club. we can meet up for a weekend for a megaherf/ road trip/ meeting of awesomeness haha.
    And that sure would be some awesomeness! I like it! lol
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Goldy:
    I have a 1994 Cutlass Sierra Olds with.......wait for it...... 40,000k miles in it!!!

We just bought a 2009 Subaru impreza outback sport that is the absolute best can I have ever driven.
    that subaru AWD cannot be beat.

Buffalo NY winters blow so i drive a 2009 Subaru Legacy ............. hands down the best vehicle i have ever had in the snow and in general .... and anyone who says they govern these cars is full of crap ........ This car would fly if she had wings and the symetrical all wheel drive is insane ........ I have had 92 nissan hardbody 4x4 a kia sportage 4x4 and all kinds of other vehicles .... my next best in the snow was a 90 civic hatchback and that car went through all the snow .... and my 87 monte ss was fun in the snow as well ....... but i love my subaru my mother in law just got a 2010 outback ..... thats car is pimpin now
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I dont think I have met a subaru owner that doesn't love their car.

What are they supposed to be goverened at? I finally opened up my car after babying it for the first 4k and I was amazed as how smooth the ride was at high speeds.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    After reading this thread, I've come to the realization that I am a "car nerd". I know nothing about them. Hate to drive them. And I think that they are the worst investment in the history of mankind........

That being said, I have an '06 Chevy Equinox fully un-loaded with factory everything. That's the family ride. Then I have an '01 Olds Alero with 65K miles on it that I can't wait to get rid of because it's been nothing but problems since the warranty ran out.

When the Olds craps out, I'll be looking at the Chevy Traverse. I have a GM card with tons of points, so hopefully I'll get a good deal.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    lilwing88:
    ...I think that they are the worst investment in the history of mankind....

Cars are not an investment they're an expenditure.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    lilwing88:
    ...I think that they are the worst investment in the history of mankind....

Cars are not an investment they're an expenditure.
    Either way, it's a boatload of money that you might as well just throw in a bucket and burn. Same difference.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    I LOVE my vehicles :)

Photobucket

The R6 is mine and technically the gsxr is my wife's but I ride it more than she does. Photobucket
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I was originally told 117 by my sales rep and then a buddy who has an imprezza 2.5i said his car toppped out at 116 ish ...... then one nite when we were workin til 1am we decided to see how fast we could get them .... he found out that his car can hit 120 then backed off ..... it took a little longer for me to realize that i could lose my home , my job, my car, and my **** virginity so i backed down at 131
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    06 Mazdaspeed 6. Love it, but it's expensive for a Mazda. Plus, it goes through tires like there's no tomorrow. Seriously, I get about 20K miles on my summer tires. Winters last only slightly longer.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Rob1110:
    06 Mazdaspeed 6. Love it, but it's expensive for a Mazda. Plus, it goes through tires like there's no tomorrow. Seriously, I get about 20K miles on my summer tires. Winters last only slightly longer.
    i used to run a Ford / Mazda service department for a dealership and these were one of my favorite cars to go out and "road test". smooth power and plenty of it. very similar to a BMW in feel and drive. perfect seating position and boy can they haul the mail
  • Options
    kingjk729:
    I was originally told 117 by my sales rep and then a buddy who has an imprezza 2.5i said his car toppped out at 116 ish ...... then one nite when we were workin til 1am we decided to see how fast we could get them .... he found out that his car can hit 120 then backed off ..... it took a little longer for me to realize that i could lose my home , my job, my car, and my **** virginity so i backed down at 131

lol, thats freaking fast.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Goldy:
    kingjk729:

lol, thats freaking fast.
    Yeah it is, me and a buddy of mine got his mom's car up to 140 back during high school. That was sooo freaking stupid on so many levels. I wish I could go back in time and kick my own ass.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Ha, I got a college 15 passanger van up to 90mph going down a hill and I thought I was going to die.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kingjk729:
    it took a little longer for me to realize that i could lose my home , my job, my car, and my **** virginity so i backed down at 131
    You only lose that stuff if you get caught :) ... I have a few stories of running when getting hit by radar at faster than that. My Dad and I built a '01 Corvette with a street legal 550whp, I once set cruise control at 155 in that.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    My dad and I had just left a Fishin Shop on Saturday and were on the freeway in my jetta, when a semi truck started crossing lanes like nobodies business, so i floored my little black monkey and we hit 105 getting out of that d-bags way. That's the fastest I've gotten my jet so far. It was a "floor it or get chewed up" situation.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    You should be able to figure out mine from my nic....
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    bbc020:
    2000 Pontiac Sunfire LE Coupe...180k miles since I got it with 7 miles on it in 2001.

some *** just hit me and totaled out my sunfire but it had 200,000 miles on it ! I got a NICE 2003 Dodge Ram 4x4 in its place now
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    03 Dodge RAM 4x4
  • Options
    nightmaremike31:
    My dad and I had just left a Fishin Shop on Saturday and were on the freeway in my jetta, when a semi truck started crossing lanes like nobodies business, so i floored my little black monkey and we hit 105 getting out of that d-bags way. That's the fastest I've gotten my jet so far. It was a "floor it or get chewed up" situation.
    It'll go faster. I did 144 in my Corrado VR6 ;) i did 125 in my 96 GTI 2.0 but it wasn't even close to stock
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    kingjk729:
    it took a little longer for me to realize that i could lose my home , my job, my car, and my **** virginity so i backed down at 131
    You only lose that stuff if you get caught :) ... I have a few stories of running when getting hit by radar at faster than that. My Dad and I built a '01 Corvette with a street legal 550whp, I once set cruise control at 155 in that.
    You rebel.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    The Cank:
    bbc020:
    2000 Pontiac Sunfire LE Coupe...180k miles since I got it with 7 miles on it in 2001.

some *** just hit me and totaled out my sunfire but it had 200,000 miles on it ! I got a NICE 2003 Dodge Ram 4x4 in its place now
    I think if someone hits you and it's not even a accident, like piles into you on a red light you should have the right of beating the shi@t out of 'em. I hate these *** as@ drivers who I see always doing dumb ***.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    nightmaremike31:
    It'll go faster. I did 144 in my Corrado VR6 ;) i did 125 in my 96 GTI 2.0 but it wasn't even close to stock
    Aw dude, I want to get behind the wheel of a GTI...

Those GTI commercials killed me too "Sweety, it's really hard for me to enjoy the sound of the engine with all that yakin" ... somtimes, my fast doesn't get along with my girlfriend.
  • Options
    honestly a GTI drives pretty much the same as your VRJetta. The Corrado VR6 is what you should strive to drive, if you can even find one. They were the best handling front wheel drive car ever made.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    1999 Chevy Tahoe 4x4... I LOVE this truck, but it's got 196k miles on it... Still runs and start and look freaking GREAT so it's hard to replace... I'm looking at '07s or '08s Chevy Impala's..
  • Options
    dude, Lassy, where you been
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    madurofan:
    kingjk729:
    You rebel.
    I try but I can't with you ...
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    Writing my novel about the life of rich drug lord and the trials and tribulations of running the underworld...

The book is in it's EARLY phases as I'm still trying to figure out how to make Meth
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    dennisking:
    Writing my novel about the life of rich drug lord and the trials and tribulations of running the underworld...

The book is in it's EARLY phases as I'm still trying to figure out how to make Meth
    submersive lit huh, nicely done. well, if you wan to learn to cook speed, move to southern oregon, it's where I used to live, lots-o-meth. i think I'm going to go cook some right now......