What kind of car do you drive?

13»

Comments

• Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Lasabar:
    dennisking:
    dude, Lassy, where you been
    Writing my novel about the life of rich drug lord and the trials and tribulations of running the underworld...

The book is in it's EARLY phases as I'm still trying to figure out how to make Meth
    this may mark the first post flagged by local drug task forces
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    bbc020:
    Lasabar:
    dennisking:
    dude, Lassy, where you been
    Writing my novel about the life of rich drug lord and the trials and tribulations of running the underworld...

The book is in it's EARLY phases as I'm still trying to figure out how to make Meth
    this may mark the first post flagged by local drug task forces
    Maybe on THIS forum, but not the first one that I've posted!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    lassy our resident drug master. BTW for those of you who have toyota's, there was another mention on something F'd up on them. Go get your vehicles looked at before you get hurt. Or just stop supporting China and get a Ford or something. =p
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    phobicsquirrel:
    lassy our resident drug master. BTW for those of you who have toyota's, there was another mention on something F'd up on them. Go get your vehicles looked at before you get hurt. Or just stop supporting China and get a Ford or something. =p
    lol. Most Ford/Big 3 parts are made in China. If they weren't - we couldn't afford to buy US-made cars.

But really - squirrel is right - get those toyotas checked out. Simple fix for a potentially fatal flaw.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    phobicsquirrel:
    lol. Most Ford/Big 3 parts are made in China. If they weren't - we couldn't afford to buy US-made cars.

But really - squirrel is right - get those toyotas checked out. Simple fix for a potentially fatal flaw.
    probably.
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    phobicsquirrel:
    . Or just stop supporting China and get a Ford or something. =p

Heh, my father's 2006 Honda Odyssey was made in Tennessee. My 2000 Ford F150 was made in Mexico. ^_^

Not that there is anything wrong with Fords. My Ford F150 has 215,000 miles on it and its still going strong. When I bought it last year, I needed to replace 1 spring and both rear axles, but that was because of the previous owner's misuse.
  • Options
    '05 Ford F150 (mine) '07 Ford Explorer (wifey) '93 Mustang (project) '85 Mustang (project) .......along with several dirtbikes and streetbikes. '
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    BMW X3 SUV, 1992 Chevy Lumina with 49,000 original Miles and a Ford F150 Extend a Cab on Loan to the Step Daughter ( GOD HELP US ALL!)
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    phobicsquirrel:

Actually, most of Ford and GM's parts are made in Mexico. I'm looking at a parts box for my Expedition right now. When NAFTA came around in the 90's the big 3 took advantage of that.
  • Options
    06' Nissan Xterra SE (Black) No mods, I have children - so no $$ for that.

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    phobicsquirrel:
    TatuajeVI:
    phobicsquirrel:

probably.

The only reason Toyota is getting hammered in the press is because its their FIRST official recall. Unlike GM, ford , dodge and everyone else who has small and large recalls every year ! And by the way these so called faulty gas pedal mechanisms ...the company that Toyota bought them from only sold Toyota 3 % of them ( no they were not made by Toyota)...where do you think the other 97 % will turn up ...I'll give you a real strong hint where some are right now, look for coming GM recall but also notice how the govt. will downplay it because its govt owned . 19 ALLEDGED deaths in over 20 million units sold , so your chances are a little less than 1 in a million of getting an affected auto. As far as random events occuring to you , you have a better chance of dieing in a earthquake , a plane crash or being struck and killed by lightning. Toyota employs over 10,000 US workers ...which they could easily move back to their side of the Pacific and find much cheaper labor.
    I,m not saying don't have your car inspected when you get your recall notice everyone should do that. But I'm a little sick of the hysterical media and negative press when ALL other mfgs have had boo coo's of recalls and the reason its not big news is they are just so damn sorry its expected. Ford had more deaths over firestone tires but look how quick that died down and before anyone says it , it was not Firestones fault , those tires were requested by and built to Ford's requested specifications which was later proven as true in court !
  • Options
    I've rarely been much of a car person, I made an exception when I lived in Germany and got a 2006 BMW M3. In a moment of supreme stupidity I got it up to 250 k's (over 150 mph) on a particularly straight stretch of the A5 autobahn. The car felt like I was only going 50. I sold it when I moved, top speed on this whole island is 60mph. So now I just have an 09 Ford Grocery Getter.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I drive an 01 Chevy Blazer 2 door. Has 115,000 miles on it, but the engine only has about 3,000 or 4,000. lol Once we pay off the wife's Equinox I'm going to trade my Blazer for either an RT Charger, Dodge Nitro, or a Chevy Colorado 4dr. My commute back and forth to work is only 7 miles each now so I don't put many miles on my car. My wife's is the family vehicle.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    MMMMM last week I drove a 80k lbs 104 foot platform aerial .......... not a bad ride for a 1,000,000.00 price tag. God I love my job. OH and my personal ride is 08 dodge ....... yup its got a hemi.
  • Options
    Joel_H.Joel_H. Posts: 101
    My daily driver is a 2005 F350 superduty diesel and on the weekends i drag race a mustang best pass ever 10.18@130. the mods list on the racecar would take awhile ha ha.
  • Options
    ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    '03 Chevrolet Impala, '98 Chevrolet Blazer.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    **** Box
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    BMW 7 series and Nissan Maxima.
  • Options
    2004 Explorer Sport Trac...I am really wanting to get rid of it and go get a an F150...
  • Options
    2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. I want to do some work to it, but I havn't had the time. All I've done is a head light upgrade and blacked out the window tint.

The "to do" list is:
    AEM Cold air intake
    Injen cat-back exhaust
    Road Race Engineering Headers
    Greddy lowering springs
    Have one of my windows re-tintedNew taillights
    Maybe some trim pieces as well.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Hey TFH long time ... where ya been?
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    1977 Datsun 280Z. It's far from stock with a Jim Cook racing wide body kit, turbo, ect. Long overdue for some major work though...
  • Options
    Duder2:
    1977 Datsun 280Z. It's far from stock with a Jim Cook racing wide body kit, turbo, ect. Long overdue for some major work though...
    I work for a Nissan store, hate Nissan products for the most part, but this car is interesting to me and I like them when they are heavily modded, post pics dammit
  • Options
    nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    I've got a 4wd '04 F-150 heritage edition with a couple inches of lift and some big mud tires. I built a custom rack over the top for my kayak, and I have a built in toolbox. She's not the biggest ride, sure as hell not the prettiest, but she'll come through just about any mud hole u can point her towards.
  • Options
    dennisking:
    Duder2:
    I work for a Nissan store, hate Nissan products for the most part, but this car is interesting to me and I like them when they are heavily modded, post pics dammit
    Lets see if this works...
    I was gonna paint it flat black right after I got it, but I quickly found out that the chicks dig it, so I'm not in such a hurry :^)
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I really like the Datsun cars
  • Options
    Goldy:
    I really like the Datsun cars
    Me too, I've also got an 83 4x4 PU that I need to put a head gasket in so I can spend some time working on the Z instead of driving it daily. Some day I'd like to get a 510 wagon too, they're cool :^)
  • Options
    that is DEF not stock. way cool. thanks for sharing the pic
  • Options
    ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    09 Toyota Highlander (built in japan, so it's not affected by this recall ***)... 05 Dodge Ram QuadCab... And 1973 Ford Mustang...