Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Watches

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reviving this thread because I am hooked on cigars and watches now thanks to that damn CA magazine and Hays. Yes, I blame it on Hays for talking about watches lol. Here are the two watches I have purchased this year. Stock photos since I am out of town but I will post pics of me wearing them when I get home. They are both 55mm and HUGE.
    imageimage
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    LOL! Thanks...? Hahahaha glad you got with the program! Invicta makes some nice looking watches, I just wish they had some more heft to em.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Hays:
    LOL! Thanks...? Hahahaha glad you got with the program! Invicta makes some nice looking watches, I just wish they had some more heft to em.

Heft, how about this one Hays?

Photobucket

• Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    Hays:

What I've found with Invicta is that even when they LOOK heavy, the actual feel of them is cheap. Just a personal opinion, and I still think they make some good looking watches.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Hays:
    RCY Cigars:
    Hays:

What I've found with Invicta is that even when they LOOK heavy, the actual feel of them is cheap. Just a personal opinion, and I still think they make some good looking watches.

Working this weekend Hays, but when I get off. I'll send you a better picture of this heavy watch. It's the heaviest one I have. Will send you the SPECS on it.
  • Options
    Hays:
    RCY Cigars:
    Hays:

Invicta does make cheaper watches and they feel..... welll, cheap. Now the two watches I have and the watch RCY has are higher end Invictas and there is nothing cheap about them. You can feel the quality and they are all very heavy. I saw a cheaper Invicta at a discount store and I picked it up and was like what the hell is this? It was cheaply made and nowhere near the quality of my watches. The materials didn't compare to mine. They do have cheap and a higher end. If anyone here is interested in watchdeals check out invictashark.com and the other shark stores. I have bought watches and jewelery from them and new items are up for deals daily. Warning: you will slide down the slippery slope.
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    My name's Steve and not only am I addicted to cigars, but watches as well.

Chase-Durer Special Forces 1000XL.
    Picked this one up in 2006 and it served me well in Iraq. Literally "took a bullet for me". Not really, but during one firefight, my arm felt like it was hit with a baseball bat and went numb. I was afraid to look, but looked anyway. No blood, but the crystal was shattered by shrapnel from an RPG-7, and the watch was still ticking.
    A week or so later, I mailed it off to Chase-Durer in Los Angeles with a letter explaining what happened. They replaced the crystal and completely serviced it, along with a letter saying that they'd service it annually for life.

Luminox F-117A Stealth, my alternate combat watch

Seiko SSB045

Citizen Navi-Hawk (Picked this one up in 1999, still need to consult the user's manual for certain functions)

Invicta 1683

Invicta 6412

Redline 50033-01

And the Movado that my wife bought for our anniversary

As you can tell, I'm partial to chronographs.
  • Options
    Heck of story Steve and for Chase-Durer for standing by their customer and product. You can't beat that. Had a similar thing happen with my ESQ. Not the fire fight but I smashed the crystal doing training. I called a rep and they directed me to a local dealer and replaced the whole watch. One of the dials was broke also. Anyway, you have a nice collection. I will try to update mines sometime today or tomorrow. If my four year old permits :).
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Great collection Steve!!!
  • Options
    Thanks, I'm not a ultra high-end guy, but I'm not a Timex guy either.
    My Sister-in-law bought my brother a Chopard Mille Miglia GT XL.
    I about threw up when he told me the price.
    Once I recovered, I asked him if it kept better time than an Invicta.

• Options
    And what was the answer? LOL
    Steve2010:
    Thanks, I'm not a ultra high-end guy, but I'm not a Timex guy either.
    My Sister-in-law bought my brother a Chopard Mille Miglia GT XL.
    I about threw up when he told me the price.
    Once I recovered, I asked him if it kept better time than an Invicta.

• Options
    Nice collection Steve. I haven't bought a watch since Christmas and now someone drags this thread out again. Here are a few of my new ones since my last update:

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Not like I'm enablin' or anything.
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Bit of a watch guy myself. The only watch I will wear from now on I received as a gift for earning my gradautes degree, Swiss Army Victorinox XLS Chrono Classic-Silver.
  • Options
    jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Invicta is a great bang for the buck.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    ..I miss urby
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    phobicsquirrel:
    ..I miss urby

Second that ... I wonder how he's been ?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    phobicsquirrel:
    ..I miss urby

Second that ... I wonder how he's been ?
    Yeah... Urbi did make the place interesting, in all the right ways.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I have a couple of citizens - one as a daily, the other is a little more dressy - some randoms, a Tissot that my dad gave me and a really cool, botique watch that my girlfriend gave me for christmas a few years ago.

Naked Watch - it's the one on the home page.
  • Options
    Wow...I have only one watch.
    Rob1110:
    I have a couple of citizens - one as a daily, the other is a little more dressy - some randoms, a Tissot that my dad gave me and a really cool, botique watch that my girlfriend gave me for christmas a few years ago.

Naked Watch - it's the one on the home page.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    Wow...I have only one watch.

You only need one. And even if it's broken, it's still right two times a day.
  • Options
    I love Invicta as well. This one is my workhorse; I wear it almost every day at some point because it goes great with dark suits and also goes well with jeans and a casual shirt.

• Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    dennisking:
    Sorry, no Arabic numerals on the face but they are on the dial.
    Edit, buy a used one, you should be in your price range
    If you have a source for getting a used Submariner at $1000, please let me know. I have been wanting one for a while. I currently wear a Tag Link chronograph that I love, but Submariner is my DREAM watch!
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    JGKAMIN:
    Invicta is a great bang for the buck.
    +1 I have 2 of them and they work great! Plus lifetime warranty you just can't argue with. I have a nice brietling but rarely wear it anymore since the invicta is cheaper and don't mind if they take a beating!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Fritz_the_CatFritz_the_Cat Posts: 27
    Too funny, if someone offers you a sub for a grand you can be sure its like a box of glass topped Cohibas! It was possible to get one for 2-3 in the fall of 08 but they are going for at least 4 between used watch dealers and now 5+ from legit sources. Any rolex should be checked out by a rolex watchmaker, period. Go with the guy to the jeweler and even pay to have it checked out.
  • Options
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just don't get a Stauer. I got a Graves 33 it's a great looking automatic but this is the third time I'm having to send it back for repairs in 2 years.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    Nice watch Rick, now the thing that will make you crazy.... Isn't the Roman Numeral for 4 ---- IV ? That's the kind if stuff I notice all the time.
  • Options
    Fritz_the_CatFritz_the_Cat Posts: 27
    I've been wearing this for the last couple years, I love it but still wish got the black dial. MONTBLANC Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Some nice looking watches here guys. I'm not a watch fanatic but I've picked up a few nice pieces over the years.

Just picked this up last week.
    It's a little heavy but any other dive watch in this price range will leave you saying, ""Gee....I coulda had a V-8!"

Deep Blue Pro Aqua 1500
    Sapphire Crystal
    Automatic Seiko TMI NH 36 Day Date Movement
    1500 meter water resistant
    and amazing lume