Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Watches

124»

Comments

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Anyone have a line on a watch that is good and rugged? Im gonna have a job outside this summer and need one that can take a beating. Under $50 would be good but not necessary.
    Thanks.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    Anyone have a line on a watch that is good and rugged? Im gonna have a job outside this summer and need one that can take a beating. Under $50 would be good but not necessary.
    Thanks.

In that price range I don't think you can go wrong with either a Timex Expedition Uplander Camo or Global Shock. They're both outside watches. The main difference is whether you want an analog or digital readout.
  • Options
    CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    roland_7707:
    Thanks.
    timex expiditions go anywhere, from, 40 to 80 and are fairly reliable. They generally water proof 50 to 100m indiglo light. Have different types of distance and time measurements for outdoor purposes. I use mine hiking all the, time.image
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Crousefer:
    roland_7707:
    Thanks.
    timex expiditions go anywhere, from, 40 to 80 and are fairly reliable. They generally water proof 50 to 100m indiglo light. Have different types of distance and time measurements for outdoor purposes. I use mine hiking all the, time.
    This, gotta love those Timex watches! They get a lot of mockery because of their price point, but they really do take a solid beating and for something just as functional as the best of Swiss craftsmanship.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hays:
    Crousefer:
    roland_7707:
    Thanks.
    timex expiditions go anywhere, from, 40 to 80 and are fairly reliable. They generally water proof 50 to 100m indiglo light. Have different types of distance and time measurements for outdoor purposes. I use mine hiking all the, time.
    This, gotta love those Timex watches! They get a lot of mockery because of their price point, but they really do take a solid beating and for something just as functional as the best of Swiss craftsmanship.
    I use a Timex Ex. cause I can hit the stem and the indiglo lets me see the time in the dark. Mine last about three years $ 30 at Wally World.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. Im gonna look into the timex expiditions and the casio G-shock. Both seeem pretty good.

On a more expencive note, have yall noticed that c.com is now selling watches? Under accessories and other.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife bought the grand son a Casio. Too many buttons and too many adjustments. Gonna buy him a Timex.
  • Options
    Yeah, im just a simple guy. Just need on to tell the time accuratly. I can look up and get a rough estimate by the sun, and I think my phone would get broken in my pocket.
    One God, One Truth