Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Phil's 1000th post contest! Now with babies!

Alright gentlemen, my 1000th post is coming up already. I want to say thank you to this forum for greatly increasing my enjoyment of this hobby, and greatly increasing my credit card debt. So, I will be giving away a package to a lucky winner! Not sure what will be in it, but I've got a lot to choose from thanks to you a$$holes convincing me to try hundreds of fantastic cigars over the last many months. ;)

This contest will end AFTER I hit 1000 posts most likely. The person who guesses the day my daughter will be born will get a lovely package. If no one guesses the exact date, closest to it, I suppose. The day before would win out over the day after.
Officially she is due on April 19th, I find it incredibly unlikely she'll come on that day, but that is the official date. Other important dates in April are my birthday (the 1st!) and my wife's birthday (the 18th).
Rules: one guess per person, first person to guess a day keeps that day only for themselves obviously
Insider information: my wife is not on bed rest (thank God) and has been very healthy. If you have other questions to help you get the right day, feel free to ask!

Let the guessing begin!
-Phil

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I'm in - April 22. And CONGRATS (both on the 1,000 post and the new baby :p )
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the upcoming arrival of your little bundle of joy ................ Iam going to stake a claim on April 15th
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Congrats my friend......April 16
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Tat, both on the new child and 1000 posts... I'll claim April 14
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    April 13th 9:34 am, 8lbs 2 oz, and whether or not I am right, send me your address so I can send you a congrats cigar when the day does come.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    April 20th, 2010.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    congrats on the new baby! ill guess April 21st, 2010
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    ill take april 23 rd. and congrats man it is a liufe changing deal !
  • Options
    Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    17th......and congrats? do you have a celebration cigar picked out?
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    April 19th
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I'll take April 18th. Congrats by the way!
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I will take April 11th and congrats
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    April 24th
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Stryker808:
    do you have a celebration cigar picked out?
    I do! I split a box of Tatuaje Black Label Tubos and a box of Red Label Tubos around Christmas with Sandman1 - I'll have one on her birthday every year. Or if I can't wait that long - on her birthday and half birthday, lol.

Thank you for all the kind words, gentlemen.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    congrats buddy! hope for a healthy baby! My guess would be April 14th (my sisters bday) EDIT: someone already took the 14th, so I shall go with the 9th
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I'll go with April 25th.... both of my kids were almost a week late. Good luck! And remember......sleep is highly overrated! LOL!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    No disrespect but she looked pretty big today and was asking for ice cream so I'm gonna go with April 4th! If I win can I have half my box back or my Camacho triple maddy back???? lol
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    April 12th and congratulations.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    4/2/10. congrats on the new family member
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    No disrespect but she looked pretty big today and was asking for ice cream so I'm gonna go with April 4th! If I win can I have half my box back or my Camacho triple maddy back???? lol
    I went out after you took off - got her a half gallon of mint chocolate chip ice cream and a package of oreos.

That Camacho is MINE! muhahaha!
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    April 8th!
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I will go with the 26th - Its a Monday.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    congrats, april 15th is my choice.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    TatuajeVI:
    Sandman1am:
    I went out after you took off - got her a half gallon of mint chocolate chip ice cream and a package of oreos.

That Camacho is MINE! muhahaha!
    So what ur saying is I can have half the box back??? Sweet I wanna play a new game called I win!!!!
  • Options
    minibeezyminibeezy Posts: 257
    Grats on both (moreso on the bundle of joy). My gut was the 17th, but I'll take the 10th.
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    April 20th...and congratulations bud. I have a little girl myself, though she is now 12 going on 18 if you know what I mean. Hang on and enjoy the ride...they're worth every minute of it.
  • Options
    Smoke=Fire:
    April 20th...and congratulations bud. I have a little girl myself, though she is now 12 going on 18 if you know what I mean. Hang on and enjoy the ride...they're worth every minute of it.
    Heh, I think my wife will murder me if this baby comes on your day, as that would be a few days late. The contest would be forced to end if I was dead, but your guess is noted! 12 going on 18... I can only imagine. :)
  • Options
    turn_keyturn_key Posts: 90
    Congrats!

Both my kids were early so I'm going with a full 2 weeks early:

The 5th

Good luck!
  • Options
    Gentlemen, we are 4 weeks out! Today the wife and I went to the OB and had an ultrasound - last one before the big day. All is very good - she hasn't had any contractions or anything, and they baby is where she should be. Still time to get in your guesses!
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Congrats Tat! I'll lay claim to the 7th, didn't see anyone staking that out yet.