Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Henry1:
    Tonight I am smoking a rocky patel decade. First time I have tried one, I'm realy enjoying it
    Oh yes! The Decade is probably my favorite of the RP smokes! That and the Vintage 92! I have a buddy who has about half a box of decades he has been letting sit for about a year now. We are going to have one in a few weeks to see how well they have aged.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Henry1:
    Tonight I am smoking a rocky patel decade. First time I have tried one, I'm realy enjoying it
    Oh yes! The Decade is probably my favorite of the RP smokes! That and the Vintage 92! I have a buddy who has about half a box of decades he has been letting sit for about a year now. We are going to have one in a few weeks to see how well they have aged.
    Quitting lying Puro .. LEOs don't have friends. ;)
  • Options
    madurofan:
    PuroFreak:
    Henry1:
    Ouch! haha That was wrong... Kinda true... but WRONG!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    madurofan:
    PuroFreak:
    Henry1:
    Ouch! haha That was wrong... Kinda true... but WRONG!
    You know I'm just teasin buddy. I'm holding onto a well aged Krispy Kreme for when we finally get together to herf ;).
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I'm trying to smoke the 5 Vegas Limitada 2008. So far it is smoking ok. It looks like someone took an exacto knife and slit it down a couple of layers into the tobacco and about 3 inches long. Then, the tip is split at the top for about the first inch. So, what I am saying is it is a little difficult to smoke. I have to put a good amount of the tip in my mouth (no comments here!!!!!!) and then put my figures over the split (again, no comments!) and I can smoke it.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    I have to put a good amount of the tip in my mouth
    Thats what she said!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    rwheelwright:
    Thats what she said!
    fantastic
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    rwheelwright:
    Thats what she said!
    fantastic
    "Ow, my eye!"
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    rwheelwright:
    Thats what she said!
    fantastic
    "Ow, my eye!"
    In your case ... thats what he said.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    rwheelwright:
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    rwheelwright:
    Thats what she said!
    fantastic
    "Ow, my eye!"
    Oh, stop it big boy. Don't be jealous!
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    madurofan:
    rwheelwright:
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    rwheelwright:
    Thats what she said!
    fantastic
    "Ow, my eye!"
    Oh, stop it big boy. Don't be jealous!
    Call me big boy again ;)
  • Options
    Oh btw headin to the B&M tonight. Gonna burn one and check on the employment status. Don't know what I'll burn ...
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Oh btw headin to the B&M tonight. Gonna burn one and check on the employment status. Don't know what I'll burn ...
    I went last night. Have to go to a wake tonight. I'll get some good smoking tine in though on the way there and back.
  • Options
    I smoked a Macanudo Gold Label that my brother gave me while we were out grilling steaks. BLEH. Tasted like a Swisher Sweet.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Dude Love:
    I smoked a Macanudo Gold Label that my brother gave me while we were out grilling steaks. BLEH. Tasted like a Swisher Sweet.
    ...it is the thought that counts..did you give him one of your better cigars to show him what he is missing , and give him an example of what you like ? I had one and it reminded me of oatmeal.. A bit mild for my taste, but better than a swisher for sure.
  • Options
    Smoking a Montecristo #2 that I got while in Jamaica.  Brought back several.  Can't wait to light it up!  
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    went to the local b&m today and picked up a nub conn torp and a cameroon torp ....never had one and very interested to see what their all about
  • Options
    I had a Reserva Miraflor, This came from one of you fine gentlemen in one of the.games. This was really a good cigar. It drew just the way I like them to, had a tight ash that held on like a champ. nice even burn, had tastes of coffee, caramel, cocoa, and still peppery on the tongue. A very respectable cigar. Is this familiar to anyone ?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I had one of the new 5 Vegas Relics tonight, met up with fellow forum guy Leonard who happens to live about a hop, skip and a jump away from me to finalize a box split of said Relics. The cigar was pretty good, but what makes it even better is meeting a cool guy who you can talk cigars with while smoking one. I'm convinced this forum is full of awesome guys and tonight my conviction is a little more concrete. So to Leonard, thanks for the hospitality. To the rest of you guys, if you like 5 Vegas, try the Relic, you won't be disappointed.
  • Options

gmill880:
    went to the local b&m today and picked up a nub conn torp and a cameroon torp ....never had one and very interested to see what their all about

didn't get to smoke one tonight , busy cleaning and refilling hot tub for this weekend ..yea baby!

• Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Thanks Joe for the box split. The Relic is a tasty smoke. It sure is a small world. Its great to have a cool BOTL right around the corner. After they rest a few we'll have to try another.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    I had a Reserva Miraflor, This came from one of you fine gentlemen in one of the.games. This was really a good cigar. It drew just the way I like them to, had a tight ash that held on like a champ. nice even burn, had tastes of coffee, caramel, cocoa, and still peppery on the tongue. A very respectable cigar. Is this familiar to anyone ?
    You're welcome. That was in my make up PIF, the one that took so damn long to get out to you.
  • Options
    So I walked into the B&M yesterday just to smoke a stick and talk to the manager about the whole job possibility again. Well, low and behold they're having an event. I wasn't even aware but they're having a CAO LX2 event, 5 different LX2's, 2 raffle tickets, free food and drink for $30. SO of course I partake and shell out my $30. Well about 10 minutes after I get there I get a txt from Brandon(bbc) asking how late the B&M is open bc he is in town for the weekend. I tell him about the event and before long he's up there and gets in on the fun as well. All and all a good evening. Brandon seemed to enjoy as well, he grabbed quite a selection before we left the B&M.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Dude Love:
    ...it is the thought that counts..did you give him one of your better cigars to show him what he is missing , and give him an example of what you like ? I had one and it reminded me of oatmeal.. A bit mild for my taste, but better than a swisher for sure.
    He's got plenty of good ones, they were just the shortest we had, cuz it's still pretty cold in the garage.He had a few ISOMs but he smoked them a couple months before I moved in ><.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    kaspera79:
    You're welcome. That was in my make up PIF, the one that took so damn long to get out to you.
    Well then, Thank you Maddy, that was one I would not have picked up on my own, and glad I had a chance to try.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    kaspera79:
    Well then, Thank you Maddy, that was one I would not have picked up on my own, and glad I had a chance to try.
    Glad you liked it and thanks for the review, I haven't had a chance to try mine yet. Again I apologize for that PIF taking years to get to you.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    So I walked into the B&M yesterday just to smoke a stick and talk to the manager about the whole job possibility again. Well, low and behold they're having an event. I wasn't even aware but they're having a CAO LX2 event, 5 different LX2's, 2 raffle tickets, free food and drink for $30. SO of course I partake and shell out my $30. Well about 10 minutes after I get there I get a txt from Brandon(bbc) asking how late the B&M is open bc he is in town for the weekend. I tell him about the event and before long he's up there and gets in on the fun as well. All and all a good evening. Brandon seemed to enjoy as well, he grabbed quite a selection before we left the B&M.
    Sounds like a good time to me.!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    madurofan:
    Not too shabby at all.
  • Options

madurofan:
    phobicsquirrel:
    madurofan:
    Not too shabby at all.

so Maddy you still startin' in a week or so?

• Options
    Well I start my 4 days off in less than 2 hours now, and I'm loading up the wife and lil one and heading out to the lake to visit friends and family and drink some good bourbon and smoke some damn fine cigars! It should make for a good few days! I'll try to keep everyone posted!