Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    that is too bad for the cx2, though i wasn't a huge fan of it, I know a lot of you were. I am finishing up a gurkha grand age, and wow, it's a good cigar. even burn so far, have like 3 inches left. I might get a box.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    phobicsquirrel:
    that is too bad for the cx2, though i wasn't a huge fan of it, I know a lot of you were. I am finishing up a gurkha grand age, and wow, it's a good cigar. even burn so far, have like 3 inches left. I might get a box.
    Perfecto or Churchill?
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well last night I enjoyed a Casa Magna that I got compliments of Duty! I was suprised at how good it was because I had heard a few people on here that were less than impressed with them. I don't know that it is good enough to be the "Cigar of the Year" but it was a good smoke and the price on them is pretty good from what I've heard.
  • Options
    I smoked a La Aroma de Cuba today and was not impressed at all. Tight draw even after using a cutter and not much taste.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Perfecto or Churchill?
    churchill, I told myself from the get go I'd like it, the smell of it unlit was fantastic.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    I had a Olivia V double toro this afternoon, as usual a good smoke. The question is what am I gonna smoke tonight. These decisions are so tough,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hmmm,,,,I'm gonna look in the Humi hold on..............................Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet churchill
  • Options
    It's been a good day, had a cigar earlier now I'm breaking out a gurkha Factum, and this big boy is pretty good so far. Sort of mild but has a distinct taste, just can't pin it down. sort of a ceder/wood but very smooth.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Nothing Sunday , too busy and nothing today, too much going on at work and cold and snowy to boot. Nothing tonight still too cold .....
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    I smoked a La Aroma de Cuba today and was not impressed at all. Tight draw even after using a cutter and not much taste.
    Huh, I just had one of these the other day and thought it had a nice flavor. And, the draw was definitely on the loose side. Different strokes...
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Nub Habano at the moment... The nub's aren't my favorite cigar by a long shot, but I do consistantly find them enjoyable!!!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Luko:
    rwheelwright:
    Huh, I just had one of these the other day and thought it had a nice flavor. And, the draw was definitely on the loose side. Different strokes...
    And my experience is right in the crossroads...I really like the flavor of the La Aroma, but have been met with a tight draw on the two I've smoked.

Tonight was a 5 Vegas Cask Strength II for me. The first one I had was pretty strong, I this one was a little less intense, so I'm thinking that maybe the rest has tempered the strength a bit. A tasty cigar still though, I'm consistently impressed with 5 Vegas.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Worked late again, but I think I'll go out and have something brief. I've got a fiver of those La Aroma's in the humi. They need more rest before they're ready to smoke, but you guys have me curious.
  • Options
    So far, nothing for me today. Will probably stay that way too. :-( Am going to the B&M tomorrow and Thursday though to hang.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    urbino:
    Worked late again, but I think I'll go out and have something brief. I've got a fiver of those La Aroma's in the humi. They need more rest before they're ready to smoke, but you guys have me curious.
    I just happend to smoke one of the original blends last night that had about 6 months age on it. Really a good smoke for the money. Would definately call it a mild smoke with sweet tastes to it. Construction was great, and didn't leave an ash taste in your mouth.
  • Options
    Just finished a oliva g compliments of andy - very tasty
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Last night was a Nestor Reserve Maduro, it's been waiting in the humi for a while, I believe it came to me from Kaz in a PIF. It was worth the wait, this was a fabulous smoke. Picked up some more torpedoes today. The weather's got to warm up soon, the humis and coolerdor are all straining at the seams!
  • Options
    Got my 6x60 3x maduro box today, and to celebrate I might have one that's been stewing in the humi for a while.
  • Options

phobicsquirrel:
    Got my 6x60 3x maduro box today, and to celebrate I might have one that's been stewing in the humi for a while.

congrats - sounds tasty

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a Tatauje black label ( never saw this until Maddy sent it my way a few months ago.) This was a curious cigar to me, in that I didn't know what to expect. Early it was a bit of a powerhouse that I thought I would have to give up early, but it settled down to be leathery and woody. The flavor stayed pretty much the same through the first third, then needed a relight, this gave it a bitterness for the next inch or so, but it worked itself back with the familiar tastes and added a earthy peppery finish. I am still enjoying the last unlit nub of it. Very nice cigar that I know will never be found again. Thanks maddy for another unique cigar experience
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Remember the experience as most never get to enjoy the pleasures of the Tat Black.
  • Options
    OK, so this afternoon's snack was a Drew Estates Natural Root. I was about finished with it when the big brown truck arrived with my bundle of Perdomo seconds.... and I couldn't wait. What a nice smoke, perfect construction, beautiful burn. I know they'll be even better when they've been properly rested!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    zoom6zoom:
    OK, so this afternoon's snack was a Drew Estates Natural Root. I was about finished with it when the big brown truck arrived with my bundle of Perdomo seconds.... and I couldn't wait. What a nice smoke, perfect construction, beautiful burn. I know they'll be even better when they've been properly rested!
    And we have another convert..welcome to the brotherhood of the Perdomo Seconds. And yes, they do only get better.

Tonight was a Sol Cubano Sumatra churchill. I like this cigar, so I'm disappointed to know that the two I have left will likely be the last two I ever have...I might just stash these away for a good while.
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Had a Perdomo Reserve Champagne 10th Anniversary tonight... Fantastic burn and great taste... Really enjoyed this one! Surprising considering I'm usually not much for the milder sticks...
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I had a big ol' H. Upmann Monarch tubo. Very nice. It had an almost fruity sweetness -- something I've definitely never experienced in an Upmann. It burned and smoked beautifully, even though I haven't really given these sufficient rest time. The rest of them should be excellent.
  • Options
    lvlawlvlaw Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Tonight was a My Father toro.  Smooth mild creamly taste throughout, with an excellent burn.  Nice white ash.  Medium intensity.  Helluva good stick.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I'm back at work after my 4 day weekend and I only got to have two smokes. Well actually 1 whole smoke and about 1/5 of another... It was a sad tale... I was on the golf course sunday and lit up a nice 5 Vegas Classic double nickle. It was going great, the burn was perfect and the flavor was as always awesome! As I got out to hit my 2nd shot on the par 5 3rd hole, I laid my smoke down next to the cart. After I swung I looked up an noticed my partner had gotten out of the cart to watch my shot and when he did he stepped right on my smoke... It was crushed and the wrapper was blowing away in the slight breeze... It was a sad moment on the course. The fact that my shot was straight and fell just 10 yards short of the green didn't even make me feel any better... If you have a chance please observe a moment of silence this morning! haha
  • Options
    done
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Today was a Tatauje black label ( never saw this until Maddy sent it my way a few months ago.) This was a curious cigar to me, in that I didn't know what to expect. Early it was a bit of a powerhouse that I thought I would have to give up early, but it settled down to be leathery and woody. The flavor stayed pretty much the same through the first third, then needed a relight, this gave it a bitterness for the next inch or so, but it worked itself back with the familiar tastes and added a earthy peppery finish. I am still enjoying the last unlit nub of it. Very nice cigar that I know will never be found again. Thanks maddy for another unique cigar experience
    Glad you enjoyed it Kas. Its a very hard stick to come by and from what I understand will never be released again in that vitola. There are Robustos out now but they're supposedly a little different. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a good number of them and was happy to share with you especially after being such a pain in the @ss getting it out to you.
  • Options
    Smoking some type of Gurkha torpedo. I think it is a master select but I don't remember. The burn is terrible. Taste is ok. Not sure what I am going to smoke tonight. Maybe one of those Olivas I got yesterday. Maybe a G cameroon or maduro or maybe I'll try the CX2.
  • Options
    Petrus Resposado 5000