Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CigarFanatic you might try sitting DPG and MF out for 30min to an hr before firing it up. Seems to help in my experience.
  • Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP Carrillo Short Run.   Think this is the 4th different EP Carrillo I have tried and I would have to say they have all been good smokes 

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my trade with Kelly @Edna20
    Yum!image
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    DPG Blue! Had it sitting in the humi a couple of months after @Bigshizza 's noob welcome bomb! Burn is a little awry but nothing a torch can't fix!

On a side note: anyone know why my pics are uploading sideways? They are taken vertically.

Someone suggested that I edit the pic before posting and it has worked every time so far. I just tilt the pic a degree or two, save, and post. I suppose a filter would work as well. @CigarFanatic
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undercrown double corona paired with McKenna bourbon
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sideways pictures are often a result of posting pictures to a forum from an iPhone or iPad.  My foolish system of posting seems to avoid this problem, I take the photo on my iPhone (best camera), upload it to flickr, then download it from flickr on my Amazon Fire tablet or PC and upload.  Tedious, but results in better image quality and when I download from flickr to my tablet it asks me for the resolution to download so I pick a smaller, more forum friendly resolution (around 640 x 480).  When I download to my PC, I use an image resize tool after download before posting.  I'll have to try editing the image if I ever need to post a photo from my iPhone directly.

Swinging this back on-topic, I didn't get a chance to smoke anything last night, having an early morning today.  I did plan on having a small La Palina Kill Bill yesterday afternoon when I took my daughter over to the tutor, but I inadvertently left the cigar in my backpack at home.  Ah, well, it's still there so I guess I'll just say that I'm dry-boxing it and smoke it sometime today probably.  Shame is I had taken special steps to make a mug of coffee to enjoy with the cigar yesterday, hate it when that happens.  :D 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Mmm mmmmimage
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How was it Nick?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Wylaff said:
    How was it Nick?
    Smoking it now... Really good. Reminds me of a #9
    -- Winston Churchill

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aging Room F-55 Concerto
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very good!

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non Crux sed lux
    Another JRE Tatascan. A very well balanced cigar...

Go Pens!
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    -- Winston Churchill

Artsy

• Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:

Go Pens!
    Gross you two, knock it off ;) C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!!! Going to smoke an Osiris IV, which I think Puff D introduced me to, tonight while I watch the Caps kick the cute little birds **** ;)
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
     Opus X Angel’s Share Robusto 12/14
    Come on Powerball I need many more of these and I need to hit you to afford them. Great smoke hands down
    Stub'd @Stubble ; Stogie Stand'n @danielzreyes

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry Kelly  <3
    Go Pens!!!

Bigshizza said:
    Sorry Kelly  <3
    Go Pens!!!

Great little smoke there Jim
    -- Winston Churchill

Bigshizza said:
    Sorry Kelly  <3
    Go Pens!!!

Breaking my heart Jim ;)
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edna20 said:
    Wylaff said:

Go Pens!
    Gross you two, knock it off ;) C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!!! Going to smoke an Osiris IV, which I think Puff D introduced me to, tonight while I watch the Caps kick the cute little birds **** ;)

Well, Kelly... I hope you at least enjoyed the cigar. ;)

GO PENS!!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    kswildcat said:
    @CigarFanatic you might try sitting DPG and MF out for 30min to an hr before firing it up. Seems to help in my experience.
    I usually let the stick acclimate to the outdoor humidity but I forgot this time! Thanks for the suggestion!
    How do make this text turn upside down?

Well, Kelly... I hope you at least enjoyed the cigar. ;)

GO PENS!!
    The cigar was good, the Caps, ugh!! They were just outplayed through most of the first 2 periods. Holtby had a good game, or the score would've been a lot worse. Hopefully they come out looking better on Monday!! 

Don't worry Doug, when Football season rolls around we can be BFF's again, I'm a big Steelers fan :) 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!