Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    405bench:

Russ55:
    I had an RP Fusion tonight. The second one I've ever had and I was disappointed with this one too. Maybe whatever this cigar is supposed to do is lost on me but I put it down after about 2 inches. The wrapper tasted sour, but I don't remember that with the other one I had before. It was also very mild which doesn't seem right. The aroma was pleasant though. Good draw, but I had to work to keep it lit. Maybe I just had a bad stick.

A buddy and I got one of the Fusions in our March ccom club shipment.  When he smoked his he had the same report you did, in fact he said he threw it away 1/2 way thru.   So, when I lit mine up last week, I was not expecting a good smoke and already had my back-up smoke handy.   Boy was I suprised, everything about the cigar appealed to me.  The draw, burn and flavor was very good.  

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I guess that makes it less likely that it was a bad stick and probably just a taste/palate issue. Maybe in 6 months I'll try it again.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Just had a CAO Italia, my first. I was a little hesitant to try this one, since I really don't seem to care for the Brazilia.

Give the MX2 a go, had one at a CAO event last week and wow, uber amounts of maduro flavor.

Today i had a Vigilante in...hell i dont know...humongous size! Took me about 2 hours to finish. Damn Tony where can you get these! That thing rocked! Wish i woluld have had more to eat though, i powered through it because i didnt want to set it down!
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311

I have been busy with work and the kids activities. I can't complain I really enjoy watching them compete in there respective sports. Doesn't always matter if their team wins or not. I haven't had a chance to enjoy a cigar in the last couple of weeks. I'm on my way outside to enjoy one of my favorite and trusted cigars. AF Hemmingway classic, with a couple of Miller lites. Everyone have a good weekend, I will be running between three different ballparks for each kids tournaments.

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    alienmisprint:
    Just had a CAO Italia, my first. I was a little hesitant to try this one, since I really don't seem to care for the Brazilia.

Give the MX2 a go, had one at a CAO event last week and wow, uber amounts of maduro flavor.

Today i had a Vigilante in...hell i dont know...humongous size! Took me about 2 hours to finish. Damn Tony where can you get these! That thing rocked! Wish i woluld have had more to eat though, i powered through it because i didnt want to set it down!
    Oh yeah, I love the MX2, it is my second favorite maduro, right behind the Vigilante. The size you got was the Toro by the way. And you should be thanking Dep, he's the one who turned me onto them. You've got PM about where you can maybe get some.

In the middle of a Casa Torano Toro right now, as always it is an excellent mild smoke.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Started out w a CAO Cameroon robusto. Excellent flavor, only complaint was a draw that was a little loose. Next up was a 5 Vegas A - great smoke, one of my favorite maduros. Finished up w a RP x-out Liga C (OWR). This was excellent - no difference that I could tell from the # 1's. Glad I got a bundle.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Smoking a LFD Factory Press III. Man this thing is a long smoke. Been going at it for over an hour and still have almost half of it left to smoke. Very rich flavors of cocoa and coffee flavors. Almost medium in body but full of flavor. Burn is wavy but it catches up with itself. Awesome smoke so far.
  • Options
    I'm about a hundred feet from the gulf of Mexico, smoking a la aroma de Cuba edicion especial. My dad's smoking a Gurkha grand reserve and my cousin is smoking a Gurkha Titan. Can life get any better?
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Marshallrocks80:
    I'm about a hundred feet from the gulf of Mexico, smoking a la aroma de Cuba edicion especial. My dad's smoking a Gurkha grand reserve and my cousin is smoking a Gurkha Titan. Can life get any better?
    No...I don't think it could

Love the La Aroma De Cuba EEs!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    bbc020:
    Marshallrocks80:

did everyone like their smokes? I have yet to try the LAde cuba especial, if it's a little different than their normal cigar I might like it.
  • Options
    just avoid the swine flu....
  • Options
    In the middle of a Hemmingway Signature. Its okay, but I definately prefer the Short Story.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    bbc020:
    Marshallrocks80:

did everyone like their smokes? I have yet to try the LAde cuba especial, if it's a little different than their normal cigar I might like it.

Yeah, everyone seemed to really enjoy them. The la de Cuba edicion especial is really good. It's definitely worth a try.
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    My brother and I smoked a couple of his Felipe Fumas' outside after watching a couple episodes of the Sopranos last night. Not the best stick I've had, but pretty good for a budget stick. I would rate it higher than the 5 Vegas Classic I had earlier in the day.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Dude Love:
    My brother and I smoked a couple of his Felipe Fumas' outside after watching a couple episodes of the Sopranos last night. Not the best stick I've had, but pretty good for a budget stick. I would rate it higher than the 5 Vegas Classic I had earlier in the day.

I miss the Sopranos...best tv show ever...Damn you Chase why'd you kill Tony Why'd you kill Tony !!! That was a good show to sip some bourbon and smoke a cigar with ...I guess all good shows come to an end sometime but that seemed way to soon ....This is my official bring back The Sopranos post...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Dude Love:

I miss the Sopranos...best tv show ever...Damn you Chase why'd you kill Tony Why'd you kill Tony !!! That was a good show to sip some bourbon and smoke a cigar with ...I guess all good shows come to an end sometime but that seemed way to soon ....This is my official bring back The Sopranos post...
    tony didn't die dude. I liked the sopranos but I think the writing team started to F it up come around the 4th season. Too much build up and no release, it's like you could compare the sopranos to say, almost going to climax but just can't...
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    gmill880:
    Dude Love:

tony didn't die dude. I liked the sopranos but I think the writing team started to F it up come around the 4th season. Too much build up and no release, it's like you could compare the sopranos to say, almost going to climax but just can't...

I think they could resurrect the show. Bring Silvio back from the brink and he takes over the family with Paulie as his number 2. Everybody looking for revenge. In classical gangland lingo "With all due respect ...we're not done " bring the damn show back !!!
  • Options
    Back on topic started the day off with a Hemmingway Short Story, an awsome little smoke big on flavor ...
  • Options
    that's a good smoke.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    that's a good smoke.

Amen brother it is good. Hey Pheebs I burned one of the Gurkha Marq. you sent me yesterday. Pretty good smoke, opens up a little more spicey the further you get into it but man it was like 1 hour and 40 minutes !
  • Options
    yup, was the draw good? for some reason after about 2 inches the draw got really really tight on the one I was smoking.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a Gurkha Symphony with my coffee this morning. Good smoke, I guess I have 4 Gurkha cigars on my list that I like. It paired really well with coffee too, probably due to the creamy Connecticut wrapper.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Just got through a Camacho Pre-Embargo before the rain rolled in. Enjoyed it quite a bit. And the mailman just delivered a La Aurora ten stick sampler that I'd forgot I had even bid on.... soon, my pretties, soon!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Had a Gurkha Symphony with my coffee this morning. Good smoke, I guess I have 4 Gurkha cigars on my list that I like. It paired really well with coffee too, probably due to the creamy Connecticut wrapper.
    Hey Joe, I love the Symphony..one of my favorite Gurkhas, I had a great cigar day, and it aint over yet.. Started with a La Aurora 1495/1994 great with coffee.. Damn, I'm going to do that again soon..Next was a Camacho 1962 perfecto ( thanks Urbi ) very good cigar, nice size for a quick smoke.
    After that ( a few hours) My all time favorite go to cigar Bauza by Fuentes that spent two years in the box, best Bauza I have ever had and I have smoked probably a hundred of these.. Tonight I am planning on a Don Carlos #3. I obtained a few of these about a month ago and plan on comparing notes with a couple other forum members. It's been a long time since I went 4/4, but I do believe it will happen today.
  • Options
    Started off with a Cruz Real, not a bad oeefering from RP. Then had a Bolivar and just put out a Oliva V(non-maduro) Lancero. I'll chalk it up to the size, but not my cup of tea. Overwhelming spice and not a whole lot of flavor, i'll try a diffrent size. My leave ends to tomorrow and i'm pissd i have to go back to work so i'll smoke something tonight thatll make me feel better...
  • Options
    Having a Torano Signature right now, damn good cigar as usual.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    yup, was the draw good? for some reason after about 2 inches the draw got really really tight on the one I was smoking.

Draw was ok on the one I had and thanks again Pheebs for sending it I appreciate it ...
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    Hey Joe, I love the Symphony..one of my favorite Gurkhas, I had a great cigar day, and it aint over yet.. Started with a La Aurora 1495/1994 great with coffee.. Damn, I'm going to do that again soon..Next was a Camacho 1962 perfecto ( thanks Urbi ) very good cigar, nice size for a quick smoke.
    After that ( a few hours) My all time favorite go to cigar Bauza by Fuentes that spent two years in the box, best Bauza I have ever had and I have smoked probably a hundred of these.. Tonight I am planning on a Don Carlos #3. I obtained a few of these about a month ago and plan on comparing notes with a couple other forum members. It's been a long time since I went 4/4, but I do believe it will happen today.

Oh Man those 1495/1994 are great (I've only had one), Loved the Camacho 1962 perfecto compliments from bbc as well. I love all the Don Carlos sizes , one of my favorite smokes in any size (planning on having one tommorow). Never had the Bauza, what flavors does it have?
  • Options
    zoom6zoom:
    I'd forgot I had even bid on.... soon, my pretties, soon!

Ive done that before...dontcha love it...evil friggin site too. Almost as bad as doing drunken ebay!! I swear my computer should have a breathalyzer on it!!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    zoom6zoom:
    I'd forgot I had even bid on.... soon, my pretties, soon!

Ive done that before...dontcha love it...evil friggin site too. Almost as bad as doing drunken ebay!! I swear my computer should have a breathalyzer on it!!

Thats funny Jet !!!
  • Options
    ShawnJShawnJ Posts: 65
    My wife and I came up to St. Augustine for the weekend for our anniversary. I've been smoking up a storm. There is a shop across from the bay called The Cuban Corner. They have their own house blend that is fantastic. If you ever get a chance to try it, don't pass it up. I talked to the owner about a box of fifty. He ships :) Their website is cubancornercigars.com but I don't think that particular cigar is listed on there. Also bought a new humidor and a bundle of Cusano Cubans (medium-full Cuban Style - Dominican) at the St. Augustine Tobacco Company (which has a 250 sqft. walk-in humidor. I was in Heaven). Ah, I love this place. It's a shame to go home tomorrow.