Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

Da meatball

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Great awesome fabulous wonderful stupendous stick from @Shaner9er. Thank you so much Shane!!! Hope you feel better!

...Dig it Franky.

• logan_042logan_042 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭✭

Cubiche, burned better than usual but still like smoking through a milkshake straw. Kinda thinking of throwing them out.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,163 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too moist? Try dry boxing them for a while.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

@ShawnOL that maybe. My humidor was stuck in the 80’s before I got my Boveda 65%s that seem to keep things in the 71 area. I wonder if dry boxing would help if the ambient humidity is still really high.

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

@logan_042 said:
    @ShawnOL that maybe. My humidor was stuck in the 80’s before I got my Boveda 65%s that seem to keep things in the 71 area. I wonder if dry boxing would help if the ambient humidity is still really high.

Give it two weeks naked, cellos four. Don't toss anything, they'll recover guaranteed. Toss the other humidification devices. Bovedas is all you need. If it's reading 71 then they are working to bring down the humidity. It takes time.

@CAcigarguy007 I’ll give the two weeks thing a try and see if that helps with the draw and the burn. Tonight I’m smoking an Oliva Serie G and I was so absent minded I lit the head instead of the foot 🤪Oh well it seems to be burning fine and draw fine 😂

• VisionVision Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭✭✭

@logan_042 said:
    @CAcigarguy007 I’ll give the two weeks thing a try and see if that helps with the draw and the burn. Tonight I’m smoking an Oliva Serie G and I was so absent minded I lit the head instead of the foot 🤪Oh well it seems to be burning fine and draw fine 😂

What hygrometer are you using?

edited November 2020

@Vision a Hygroset II digital hygrometer that read 66% after being left in a ziplock bag with the Boveda 65%s over night.

• VisionVision Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

@VegasFrank said:
    Peter gave me a great idea...

I had Jack-In-The-Box for dinner too, Frank.

I saw it.... you said it. Thank you.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

My daughter's night to "cook."

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )