Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Lol, I know man. And to add to the fire, I just smoked one of those La Bonita Orange Labels. Man, you were right, that sucker is amazing. Definately in my top ten now, I am going to have to seek out a box of those later. I am kinda on hold with cigars right now, with being in the middle of moving and all.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Ah, that's right, how is that? And I'll see if I can get you a freshie from the president herself.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Nothin I just had my wisdom teeth removed today so no smoking for me for a while :(
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Had a RP Spring Collection 09 Toro that was sent to me from Maddy. I think he mentioned to let him know how this one was. It was fantastic. Great smoke the whole way. Lots of rich flavors, with a little zing to it. Somewhat sweet throughout but very rich the whole way. I nubbed it after about 2 hours smoking it. I'm thinking it had a sumatran wrapper, but not sure about the other features. I may have to get one or two more of these when I'm down that way later this week.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Today was a Padilla Signature 1932 churchill...an exceptional cigar if you ask me.If I have one negative to say about it, well it only applies to this particular cigar that had a tear under the band, when I removed the band the tear was allowed to go unchecked, though it caused no issues with the burn and was more of an annoyance than anything else. Great cigar, just great.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Ended my 5 day no smoking streak(friggin food poisioning) with a nice light gurkha park avenue. Good light smoke, doubt i'll be gettin anymore but just what the doctor ordered today.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about the food poisoning, you didn't eat at Zippy's did you?

After that La Bonita this morning, I couldn't bring myself to smoke a lesser cigar, so I fired up one of my precious Vigilante Toros. Man I love those things so much.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Had 3 decent cigars today. Had an Oliva O maduro churchill with breakfast and a newspaper. Followed that up with a Pepin Cuban Classic robusto. First one of those I tried, it was pretty good but not great. Only the 2nd Pepin Ive had. I really liked the blue label a lot more. Then with only about 45 min to spare later in the day I fired up a Sancho Panza Dbl maduro. I picked this cause its cheap and I wouldnt feel bad about not finishing it. I forgot what a good cheap cigar these are and didnt want to put it down.

Im all excited for tomorrow as I have a Fuego 777 and a La Flor Dominicana DL maduro. Im especially excited for the La Flor as I really liked the regular DL and have high hopes for the maddy. Ive got some tasty beers lined up for the occasion as well.
  • Options
    Enjoy that 777, I had my first one yesterday and fell in love with them.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    today i had an onyx reserve lonsdale. good smoke while reading on the porch this afternoon.

off to work with me!!
    I love the Onyx and it's been a while since I've had one, but I picked up 10 of the Churchills the other day so I'll be enjoying that one again before too long.

I had several good smokes this week and the ones that stick out the most are the Nestor Miranda Lancero that was just awesome! Perfect burn and great draw! Never got hot and had wonderful flavor. Also had a Sol Cubano Cuban Cab Churchill and a AF Don Carlos in a small size. Not sure exactly what it is called but it was a short torpedo in a smaller ring gauge. Good week for smokes for me but my humi is getting LOW! I bought 30 new sticks this week counting the samplers of the forum blend that will be in next month. After I get paid again I'll have to buy a few samplers or something to help stock up.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    On my way to the golf course to enjoy a Rocky Patel Fusion Blue Torpedo. I also have a 5 Vegas Gold and Classic. Not sure which one yet. After dinner I plan on smoking some type of Espresso stick (forget the name).
  • Options
    I tried a few smokes while I was without a computer and the ones that really stood out to me were the Illusione 88, Perdomo lot 23, and the Padilla miami.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    alienmisprint:

Smoked the triple 7 this morning. Very good overall. The 2nd J.Fuego Ive had and I liked them both a lot. The other being a Delirium which was really good. The 777 was very smooth and mild with a very nice straight maduro taste. The last 3rd was a darker flavor of burnt chocolate which was also good. Could of used a touch of spice but I enjoyed the heck out of this one. Im hoping to get in a La Flor double ligero maduro later today depending on the the girlfriend.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Smoked a few yesterday. I finished up a Verdadero that I had started on Saturday. Yeah, I know days later. Well, I'm a busy guy. Then, I had my last Cusano Rare Cameroon that I got in the cotm club last year sometime. These were the ones without the proper label. Just a small piece of cloth for a label. Then I finished with an Upmann Demitase.
  • Options
    gaberox:
    alienmisprint:

Smoked the triple 7 this morning. Very good overall. The 2nd J.Fuego Ive had and I liked them both a lot. The other being a Delirium which was really good.
    Great, now I need to find this Delirium you speak of. I love the 777 and the Defiance (another of his blends). I found out he does a house blend for another website, and they are very reasonably priced. I am going to have to check them out as well.

I just finished my first RP Fusion. Not quite as good as I was expecting, but not exactly terrible either. This is the first RP that I have been in the middle on, I normally either love them or hate them. This one had two days in my humi though, so I will give the other two a bit longer rest and revisit them.
  • Options
    jeff_connorsjeff_connors Posts: 483
    Had a Cohiba red dot today...great construction..great burn..lacking in flavor and complexity
    and this evening had a CAO MX2....great cigar, anaise pre light smell from the wrapper, coffee coco, sweet and spicy finish,hints on nuts and black pepper through the nose.... never even got harsh during the last inch!! OK burn , needed a few touch ups, very full bodied an took me about 2 hours to smoke a robusto...if one could mix the last half of the MX2, with the last half of a padilla 68 one would have quite a nice slice of cigar cake....
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    I can't decide if I want to smoke tonight....

Nothing I have is really calling my name...

What was that MOW? You want me to smoke you? ... Ok, if you insist
  • Options
    Today was a very relaxing day for me at the lake.... I am going to continue my good day by having a Padron 1926 I got from Squirrel a while back....Thanks again Mr. Squirrel..word.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    cholmes8310:
    I can't decide if I want to smoke tonight....

Nothing I have is really calling my name...

What was that MOW? You want me to smoke you? ... Ok, if you insist
    yeah, so the Gurkha park avenue put up a fight and won. Smoking it now and am just as pleased as always. Great burn, great flavor, and a ton of smoke. Ahhhhhhh, life is good
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Oliva Serie G. I just cannot beleive that I've never tried this one before. I really like it.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro. Good, but not overwhelmingly great. First one ive had, i think i was expecting too much. Smooth, good flavor, outstanding consturction/burn but not much body or depth. Oh well....where's my box of antano's....
  • Options
    Finished up a 5 Vegas Classicc Torpedo after dinner tonight. I think this may be my favorite size for the Classic, it was a very satisfying experience.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had myself a Gurkha Fuerte yesterday afternoon. Last night I had a custom rolled supposed ISOM. From what I hear, the tobacco goes from Cuba, to some island and then to the US where it is rolled. This thing was similar to a torpedo where it tappered at the end bu the end was cut. It was big too. My guess is a 58 - 60 ring and maybe 7 - 7 1/2 inches long. When I first lit it, it was hard to smoke. Not a lot of smoke coming from it but then it got better. Near the last two inches I got an amonia taste. Had to put it down. All in all, I think it was decent. Part of the problem could have been that it was maybe a little too humid outside last night. I smoked it while watching a womens softball game. NICE!
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Had a Padilla 48 robusto yesterday afternoon. Not a bad smoke, but not my cup of tea.

Last evening I capped the night with a Padron 64 Maduro exclusivo to celebrate going to my the Phish concert tonight. What a smoke. Truly a classic Padron flavor profile that was tremendously smooth with ever bit more sweetness. It made my night as i got more and more excited about tonight's show. It's been over 6 years since I last saw them.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I'm enjoying a Nub Habano right now, over a cup of coffee. This is easily my favorite Nub, and I didn't realize how well a cup o' java complimented it. I thought I was going to kick back and relax with it and watch the U.S. Open, but Mother Nature reared her ugly head and put it in a delay. Hopefully the rest of the day isn't a letdown, because I have to work. This Nub is helping a lot though.
  • Options
    Still nothing due to the removal of my wisdom teeth...although I did have a percocet for breakfast this morning...
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    I'm enjoying a Nub Habano right now, over a cup of coffee. This is easily my favorite Nub, and I didn't realize how well a cup o' java complimented it. I thought I was going to kick back and relax with it and watch the U.S. Open, but Mother Nature reared her ugly head and put it in a delay. Hopefully the rest of the day isn't a letdown, because I have to work. This Nub is helping a lot though.
    Yea, I am at work and was really wishing I was home to watch the US Open, but at least I'm not missing anything right now! Sunday all I plan on doing all day is smoking and watching the Open. Bethpage Black is just such an AWESOME freakin course! And it's a public course at that!

smbrink:
    Still nothing due to the removal of my wisdom teeth...although I did have a percocet for breakfast this morning...
    Mmmm... The Breakfast of champions! Or is that HGH that is the breakfast of champions?
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    PuroFreak:
    Matt Marvel:
    Yea, I am at work and was really wishing I was home to watch the US Open, but at least I'm not missing anything right now! Sunday all I plan on doing all day is smoking and watching the Open. Bethpage Black is just such an AWESOME freakin course! And it's a public course at that!

smbrink:
    Mmmm... The Breakfast of champions! Or is that HGH that is the breakfast of champions?
    Yeah, I'm off Sunday so I'm really looking forward to doing the exact same thing. Maybe I should use my vacation to go up there and play that course! It would certainly be a lot different than the 9-hole public course we have out here, haha.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I sat outside and did my homework to the tune of an Ashton VSG. Great cigar, really a very good experience down to the nub. I've been noticing more and more, the best cigars I've had, let you know when to put them out by sort of going out slowly.
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    PuroFreak:
    Matt Marvel:

smbrink:
    Yeah, I'm off Sunday so I'm really looking forward to doing the exact same thing. Maybe I should use my vacation to go up there and play that course! It would certainly be a lot different than the 9-hole public course we have out here, haha.
    Yea, I've gotta enjoy sunday because that is my only day off. I am off sunday then I am going to classes all week way the hell over just north of Ft. Worth. I'm NOT looking forward to fighting the traffic to get over there by 8:30am... I'm used to my normal 7 mile trip to work every morning at 3:30am... lol Not much traffic that time of day!