Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Today was my girlfriend's Graduation Party. To celebrate I smoked a Padron Famous 70th Anniversary. These are getting better. Very similar to the regular 64s in flavor profile.

Then after a long day in the sun, and finally taking a dip in the pool, I sat out on the deck and smoked a Tat Miami Cojonu 2003. What a great cigar. This one was somewhat mellowed out after 6 months rest, yet came back with a vengeance about half way through. It kicked up the strength and became the powerhouse I know it to be. Nubbed it after about 2 hours with an ever-so-slight light-headedness. I got to get a couple more of these while I'm visiting the B&M tomorrow(maddy's local shop).
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I had a RP Decade torpedo last night. Near perfect blend in my opinion. d
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Cavguy:
    I am actually getting ready to go to a CAO event at my local shop tonight. I have yet to try a CAO but I hear good things about them. Has anyone ever been to one of there events before? Any chance on free samples hahaha.

Try the MX3, yup i said "3", they had them at the CAO event here 2 weeks ago and they rock.

Today was a good day, started with a Perdomo ESV Second, awesome flavor smoke as always. Moved on to a Punch Rare Corojo which these just keep getting better and better as they age. Finally my first Gurkha Legend c/o Tony and i was floored. An awesome smoke from Gurkha. I dont know what took me so long to try them. Right up there with my other favorite Gurkha, the signature 101 Maduro.
    MX3???????? Well dude, how were they? Obviously they rock, but are they alot different than the MX2's, just stronger, etc, etc... Oh, and that Legend had about two months on it, from what I have experienced, they get alot better with at least a month or so in the humi.

Had a Defiance toro tonight over at a buddy's house, awesome smoke. This is one of the few cigars I think I could really smoke every day and never get tired of.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    phobicsquirrel:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    3 weeks today since I had a smoke.....come on July 15th ...
    I'll smoke one for ya tonight buddy! We are all just glad you're healthy!

Thanks guys ...keep on puffin' for me till I can ...
    why puff one for ya, go for it.

Pheebs heart doctor advises against it until at least 7-15 because of recent heart problems and meds ....where you been Squirrel ???
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Why 7-15, just so your bod can get used to the meds or is that when you come off the meds?
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I tried to have a Partagas, however it has such a tigh draw, I put it down after only an inch with a headache. After some recovery time, I lit up a Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve Maduro, fantastic smoke, followed then, by a really superb camacho 8/11 (I think) which was AMAZING!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Fourtotheflush:
    Why 7-15, just so your bod can get used to the meds or is that when you come off the meds?

Thats my next doctor appt and he did not want me to smoke any till then ...I'm guessing to make sure the stent is doing what its supposed to and all ...or maybe just because he's a heart doctor hahaha ...
  • Options
    Went for a father's day motorcycle ride with my father in law and brother in law. We finished up at a local b&m, and I had a CAO LX2. It was a fun smoke, but definitely packed a punch. They each had a wafe Java by Drew Estate. Those were packed with lots of flavor. Smelled like we were at a starbucks.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Had my first Liga Privada after lunch today. Great smoke, super aroma. Very smooth and flavorful. My only complant was the wrapper cracked here and there. Stayed together for the most part and didnt affect the smoke too much. I'd buy some. Thanks Joe!
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Gonna smoke a Graycliff 1666 presidente. Good after-dinner smoke.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Had a smoke from Cuban Cigar Company(and off-shoot of Oliveros), it was called Premier Selection. Got it from someone on here. It had a Connecticut wrapper. Eh, not bad. Lacking in the flavor department. Very well made, held a really long ash and burned perfectly...but after a liga privada...kind of a let down.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Smoked a few this weekend. Friday I started with a Rocky MM lancero size from Phoebes. NIce and chocolatey I think. I still have a hard time picking out flavors and recognizing them after all these years. Friday night I had a Camacho triple maduro torpedo. I have only one left now and I doubt I'll get anymore at least in that size. It wasn't bad at all just not my favorite. Saturday I smoked a Cubita from Phoebs. This is a weird cigar. I didn't dig it but everytime I puffed on it the cigar felt cold on my lips and teeth. Very strange.... Today I just had a Sol Cubano CC toro. To me, these get much better with age. THis one had at least 6 months on it maybe closer to 9 months. I had to give up on it around the 1 1/2 inch mark because the wrapper split to the head. I'm gonna take tomorrow off and maybe a few more days this week. I expect a heavy weekend of smoking since I have to drive down to Baltimore to play a wedding on Saturday.
  • Options
    Just had a La Bonita Connecticut, it was just as good as the last one I had. The White Label isn't my favorite, but still a solid stick.
  • Options
    havanaalhavanaal Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Fathers Day smoke. Camacho Liberty. I don't know what my kids paid for it, but whatever the price it was worth it. In your face powerful, but smooth as butter--just the way I like em.
  • Options
    thizzcorethizzcore Posts: 48
    got a ten pack random sampler in a few days ago now theyve rested dont know which to smoke so many good ones lol.
    the el mejor emerald looks and smells great so guess ill give that a try.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    thizzcore:
    got a ten pack random sampler in a few days ago now theyve rested dont know which to smoke so many good ones lol.
    the el mejor emerald looks and smells great so guess ill give that a try.
    ive had good luck with the el major brand in the past. the espresso is good if you like a cheaper maduro.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Tony - where can you get the La Bonita's?
  • Options
    Sdip; you can get them from one B&M in Long Island.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    So far on my Bday today Ive had a 601 toro maduro. Damn I really liked this one. A very spicy maduro good from start to nub. Walked around Ybor and watched people roll cigars. Onle lady let me touch the wrapper of one before she rolled it. Pretty cool. I had a locally Ybor rolled barber poll torp. Not sure what the wrapper was but is tasted like Habano to me. Surprisingly good. One of my friends, friends just came back from a trip to Cuba and brought me a genuine Cohiba yellow label. I did a ton of research and Im confident its the real thing. I know just cause its a real Cuban doesnt mean its better than a lot of other cigars but Im excited non the less. Going to probably smoke it sometime tomorrow.

Also have my sights set on smoking a RP Sungrown and a La Flor double ligero tomorrow as the bday celebration rolls on. Good times. Im also going to try to find a RP double maddy around Tampa somewhere cant seem to find one for some odd reason. Dont know why but I really want to try this cigar.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I enjoyed the RP 90 last night and as a nice surprise I was joined by my brother whom I have never smoked with. He grabed one of my Oliva G maduros and loved it. I was probably around 3am when we finished. We just sat out on the front deck catching up and enjoying the cool beeze. Oh, and the RP 90 was very good! I enjoy the 92 but I am often drawn to a maduro. This fit the bill and certainly will be a repeated smoke. Tonight I think I may have an Oliva O maduro.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Had a RP I Press tonight. It was ok.

I have a La Aurora 1994 Cameroon with plume on it in my travel humi. I hoping to smoke that one tomorrow. Can't get much better than plume right?
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Thanks - do they have a website
  • Options
    sdip:
    Tony - where can you get the La Bonita's?
    I got mine in a trade with Beta, so far I have had the Orange, Red, Purple, and White labels, and the Orange has been my favorite (with the Purple as a close second).
  • Options
    thizzcorethizzcore Posts: 48
    thought the el mejor emerald could use a few more days so i puffed on a olivia g series. i really like this smoke very smooth and doesnt leave much aftertaste. it was even good when i relit it..

well i cant wait to try all these new cigars damn i might go try one now. this sol cubano series b looks might tasty
  • Options
    Just finished up an ITC 10th Anniversary 2nd, excellent smoke as usual. This is one of the sticks that I could not find a blemish on, no idea why it was a 2nd.
  • Options
    alien; Paula, the companies owner, is coming in on Friday, I believe, to do a rolling. I'll see if I can get you some freshies. Also; I will ask to see if there are any other labels coming out soon, and I'll ask about the candela and barber poll ones.
  • Options
    Sweet, I appreciate it man.
  • Options
    I went out on my lunch break with a friend of mine, he smoked a Nat Sherman something or other, I had a La Aroma de Cuba, I think it must have been a robusto, but it was a little on the skinny side. Fantastic cigar, as always, I need to grab a few more of the mas gordos.
  • Options
    tseehorntseehorn Posts: 14
    Man O' War Torpedo, first time I have tried the Man O' War and I must say I enjoyed it very much.
  • Options
    Just finished up a Defiance Toro, damn I'm glad I got a box of these.