Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    naughtnaught Posts: 56
    smbrink:
    Just finished a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet curchill. Outstanding smoke as always. The whole smoke never needed a touch-up. It was funny the last inch or so I got.... call me crazy...Mesquite!!!! It was so great! Although I didnt have near enough in my stomach though, and couple that with the fact that i havent slept in 30 hrs and i paid the price! Suffice to say I have even less in there!!! Oh well lessons learned...
    I haven't "had less in there" in nearly two decades. But a few nights ago I learned that same lesson with the insomnia and not eating for a day or two. Gotta learn somehow I s'pose.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Today was a Perdomo 10th Reserve Criollo robusto, a very nice cigar and one of Perdomo's finer offerings in my opinion. This evening was a La Aroma de Cuba robusto, I like this cigar more with each one I smoke, I can see why it was so highly rated, though I don't take much stock in CA ratings, but they were spot on with this one.
  • Options
    TizzleTizzle Posts: 13
    Tonight I'm breakin into a box of Gurkha Park Ave's that have been sittin in my Humi for about 2 1/2 months....... I just haven't been able to stop smoking Rocky Patel Decade's so I haven't really changed it up for awhile..... lookin forward to something new.... although IMO I'm not sure anything can compare to the Decades...... happy smoking tonight EVERYONE!! any thoughts about the Park Ave's would be appreciated...... I would like to hear what everyone thinks about those
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Just enjoyed my first Joya de Nicaragua Antano. Wow was it great! I'll be adding those to the humi.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    A Padilla Achilles robusto that's been in the humi since last September. Very nice.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Started today off by doing a panel review on the Sol Cubano Cuban Cab. Not a good cigar, I really don't taste anything with it. Maybe it was the vitola, but the robusto is pretty empty. Washed the taste or lack thereof out of my mouth by smoking a nice, relaxing 5 Vegas 'A' Archetype.
  • Options
    tseehorntseehorn Posts: 14
    Nothing tonight...... Here's hoping I have a package tomorrow!
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna try a 5 Vegas 'A', my sticks haven't been doing so hot. I can't wait for my Heartfelt Beads to come in the mail!
  • Options
    Doughty421Doughty421 Posts: 39
    DPG Cuban Classic. I think i'm starting to sound like a broken record!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I had a few yesterday while the movers were at the apartment. Had a 5 Vegas Gold, an Oliva V, and a RP Signature. All were good, but out of those three, I think I enjoyed the V the most. Hopefully I will be able to get a couple in this afternoon/evening at the hotel.
  • Options
    JKTexJKTex Posts: 92
    Last night was a NUB Maduro 460, fresh out of the box that showed up yesterday.  I couldn't wait, and it was great.  I can't wait for them to get a month or more in the NUB-idor.

Tonight, I want another Maduro but I need to pace myself. Maybe a Padilla Series '68.  After 2 months or so in the humi. they're actually pretty good.  Who knows, maybe a RP Edge or Edge Lite.  Guess I'll finish my 1st drink and see what I'm in the mood for.  Big Smile [:D]
  • Options
    Had a Ghurka Centurion that's been sitting in the bottom of the humi for over a year. I haven't had much luck with these but thought I'd give it one more try. This one was no better. Draw was horrible, even after running a skewer through it several times. Burn canoed. Wrapper started cracking and then just split right up the center. Wasn't even an inch into it. What taste I was able to get was good but the experience was totally frustrating. A total dog rocket. I am totally DONE with this brand. The only good one I've had was a Beast one of you maniacs sent me; a nice smoke but way too big!

Salvaged the evening with an RP Fusion; not an outstanding smoke but reliable.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Fuma dominicana my dad picked up recently in the domninican...blech. Instead of a nice earthy taste, it had a really dry dirt taste. Big difference.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Dirt...that's part of the earth...JK

I had a Tatuaje Miami Havana Cazador 6 3/8 X 43. Man, this may be my favorite size of the Tat Miami...short of the Cojonus. Great spice and balancing sweetness.
  • Options
    Today was a three-fer with a bit of stomach twisting thrown in for good measure. Started the afternoon with a Perdomo ESV 2nd epicure, delivered the goods as usual. Later was a Padilla Signature 1948 churchill which was also awesome. Finally, I settled on an Oliva Serie V maduro as I hadn't had one since my first back in December, wanted to see how they were coming along since I got them in Nov. It was very good, hit me with a strength I was not expecting, especially considering its smooth delivery...couple that with the fact that I had not eaten in over 10 hours, and I found my stomach giving me that all too familiar feeling of a rejection coming...apparently all the water I had been drinking with nothing solid in there was too much once I lit up the Oliva...short story short, the damn cigar made me puke... unbelievable, but that's what I get for not eating. It was damn good though, and I can't wait to see how the next one is come this November.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Had an El Mejor Emerald torpedo tonight, one of my go-tos and it was just as good as usual.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Just finished a Nording toro. Sweet stick. Totally enoyed it and cant wait to get mynthird of a box from Maddy..... oh and I'm heading to vegas with a BOTL and our wives. I'll turn him on to these. I know he'll enjoy them.
  • Options
    Was with the girlfriend at a dance show she was in, then saw Transformers. On my ride home, smoked a CI Anniversary. I liked it, but I'd still take ccom's cuban or brazilian or red label.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I forgot to tell you about a stick I had last weekend
    Macanudo Robust Lonsdale.
    It was givent to me by a buddy at the party I was at, who was I to refuse.
    So the prelight draw was super tight. Gave me a headache just rying to smoke it.
    Construction appeared to be perfect minus the draw. This thin cigar burned perfectly. There wasnt alot of smoke coming off this sucker and the flavor was well - Macanudo - typical one trick pony.

Anyway the only Macanudos I like are the free ones.
    (actually the 1964 arent too bad)
  • Options
    tseehorntseehorn Posts: 14
    Well my package from Ccom came in today and I wanted to let the sampler packs settle a bit so I tried one of the Acid Wafes that i picked up on the daily deal last week. This was my first Acid and even though it wasn't bad it is not my favorite cigar. The construction was very good and the burn was perfect, I just couldn't get past the flavor or infusion or whatever, to me it tasted like incense, but since I got a five pack I will probably be smoking at least 4 more lol.
  • Options
    Yeah, Drew's infused ones can be a bit hard to figure out the flavor sometimes. I'm still trying to determine what the flavor of the Pimp Sticks really is.
  • Options
    I just sat on my friends roof, who I recently started smoking with a lot, great guy, good conversation. He might be coming on here soon. I had a CAO Black Storm, which I really liked.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Well it wasn't really what I was smoking tonight, but more of what I smoked for this week. One of my best friends just got married yesterday and for the bachelor party we went down to the Colorado river for 3 days. Slept about 9 hours in those three days, but I got 3 great cigars in. One was from a B&M near rdnstn called 2000 Club humidor, its a blue band and the smoke was excellent. Nice medium body and I might have to head down to San Antonio now to pick up a few more of these suckers. Second cigar was a 5 Vegas Cask Strength II and I just found my new favorite 5 Vegas. Huge clouds of smoke, great draw with a little bit of resistance, razor sharp burn, I can't say anything bad about this stick. Last one was a Punch, good solid smoke as always.

And if you have yet to try it, smoke a stogie while fishing, I honestly don't think you can get more relaxed than that.
  • Options
    naughtnaught Posts: 56
    5 Vegas 'A' You guys weren't lying, this is probably my favorite of the few I've tried thus far.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Smoking a Oneoff right now. Probably follow it up with an Olive serie V Cameroon cigarillo
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    Probably follow it up with an Olive serie V Cameroon cigarillo
    A what? Never heard of that.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    betasynn:
    I just sat on my friends roof, who I recently started smoking with a lot, great guy, good conversation. He might be coming on here soon. I had a CAO Black Storm, which I really liked.
    What is this black storm, never heard of it. Is it new? I know I like the black vr...
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    j0z3r:
    cholmes8310:
    Probably follow it up with an Olive serie V Cameroon cigarillo
    A what? Never heard of that.
    very sorry. Hit the wrong key. A Oliva Serie G Cameroon cigarillo. If you were questioning the size, I had never seen them either. Went to a local liqour store, which has a premium cigar shop inside that I didn't know was there. They carry god of fire, opus x, Prometheus accessories, all the high end stuff. I was geting some Serie G Special G size, and I noticed these tins. They're five packk tins of Olivas, probably 4 x 38 if I had to guess. Tin doesn't have the size on it. They're actually really good, probably a 20 min smoke, taste exactly like the larger vitolas. Tin of 5 was like 12 bucks, so I picked one up and was really happy with it.

Edit: Here's a link to them. This is to another site, so someone tell me if this needs to be removed. I only endorse ccom, but couldn't find them here.

http://www.bestcigarprices.com/cigar-directory/oliva/oliva-serie-g-cigarillos-cigar/299-11386.htm
  • Options
    Oh ok, I was wondering if I missed something and they were offering the Serie V in a cameroon wrapper. Makes sense now...and I know they offer the cigar in more sizes than what is available on ccom, so a cigarillo is no surprise.

Had some good ones today. Early on was a Cusano Hermanos Vintage churchill which was good. Later was a 5 Vegas Limitada '09 which was also good. To finish the day I had a Bolivar petit corona which was damn good.
  • Options
    Sitting outside watching the lightning storm , love to do by way, with a casa torano casa torano robusto. Nowhere near the flavor profile like the first 1 i ever had. Although the last month or so my cigars have not had any flavor just a basic tobacco and kind of stale ashy taste. Everything from 5 vegas gold, 5 vegas classic, casa torano, gurkha turk, and many more. Dont know if its my humidor or just me. Humidor has been anywhere from 65% to 72%. Im gonna try and get a stick from the b&m and see how that goes for some comparison.